PDA

View Full Version : Snitch Takes Out FOB

[GaGe]
08-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Thought this was a pretty good read:

Full article at http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/08/27/nick-chan-fob_n_3826177.html

Nick Chan once headed Calgary's most violent criminal organization, the FOB gang.

As the leader of the notorious group, which formed in the late 1990s, Chan was in charge of a large drug network, would pay members to maim and kill rivals and ran a bawdy house, according to court documents obtained by the CBC.

Chan's paranoia kept him safe from the gang's fierce rivals, the FK — a splinter group that formed because of personal rifts between members of the FOB right before the turn of the millennium — but Chan's eventual downfall has been due to the co-operation of his gang brothers and former wife with police. Chan is currently in custody and facing several charges, including murder.

Of the other top-ranking founding members of the FOB, most have been killed, are in custody, or have made plea deals.

For years, police intercepted phone calls, used surveillance and turned gang members, all in efforts to try and bring down Chan and other high-ranking gang members.

"I think that what happens is that members of criminal organizations take extraordinary measures to avoid detection and to avoid being caught," said Insp. Cliff O'Brien, head of the Calgary Police Service's major crimes unit.

"What that means is our investigators have to take extraordinary measures to overcome that."

Now new details are emerging about just how far Chan and the FOB — which initially stood for "Fresh Off the Boat" — went to protect themselves against police and rival gangs.

The court documents were produced by police during their investigation. They include police findings, interviews and expert opinion and centre around investigations into six slayings.

None of the allegations have yet been proven in court.

schocker
08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I read whatever cbc had yesterday. It was pretty interesting but won't they just kill him when he is out for snitching on the boss :confused:

tnuc
08-28-2013, 08:40 PM
nah he will get moved some where in the states probably. His lawyer had to be stupid not to get that for him. And will be hard with them all in jail. I went to school with most of these guys, roger in particular. I am so glad i never went that route. I mean most of us get in some sort of trouble now and then but god damn. I would rather be free on the streets not looking over my shoulder and make 70 k a year than be balling for 7 years then dead or in jail. Too bad , alot of those guys probably would have made great entrepreneurs.

[GaGe]
08-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I read whatever cbc had yesterday. It was pretty interesting but won't they just kill him when he is out for snitching on the boss :confused:

Guess we'll see how useful these witness protection programs actually are haha.

Nick Chan seems like a pretty smart dude from the article, probably would've never gotten busted if he didn't get ratted out.

Cos
08-28-2013, 09:20 PM

Str1der
08-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Poor guy

Kidding?

Sugarphreak
08-28-2013, 09:44 PM

roopi
08-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Str1der

Kidding?

Poor guy is the new chill guy.

heavyfuel
08-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

probably would've never gotten busted if he didn't get ratted out.

Jails are full of these types of attitudes. "I got ratted out, not my fault." "I had a shitty lawyer, not my fault." "Cops weren't supposed to show up, not my fault." Best way to not get busted? Don't live that life. Pretty fuckin' simple actually.

Cos
08-29-2013, 08:46 AM

Hallowed_point
08-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel

Jails are full of these types of attitudes. "I got ratted out, not my fault." "I had a shitty lawyer, not my fault." "Cops weren't supposed to show up, not my fault." Best way to not get busted? Don't live that life. Pretty fuckin' simple actually.

Yep.

JRSC00LUDE
08-29-2013, 09:08 AM
There's no way to convince me that the world wouldn't be a better place if, after they got all the info. they needed from him, someone just blew the back of his skull off with a hollow point.

Isaiah
08-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
There's no way to convince me that the world wouldn't be a better place if, after they got all the info. they needed from him, someone just blew the back of his skull off with a hollow point...
...then transplanted his brain into Zenops and sealed the skull with a solid nickel casing.

Mibz
08-29-2013, 09:28 AM
$10,000 to kill somebody? That seems inexpensive.

HELOC that shit.

Sugarphreak
08-29-2013, 12:14 PM

tnuc
08-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Ya 10k sounds way to low. But I guess what's your life worth. Crazyness

Mibz
08-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe that $10,000 just buys a bunch of a fake Driver's Licenses for Asian women and they play the odds.

ercchry
08-29-2013, 12:59 PM
im actually surprised they even got paid...

lasimmon
08-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Maybe that $10,000 just buys a bunch of a fake Driver's Licenses for Asian women and they play the odds.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lilmira
08-29-2013, 01:21 PM
But is it 10,000 all in? ;)

ZenOps
08-29-2013, 02:31 PM
$10,000 Is it a little or a lot?

Little nowadays when compared to a Hawaiian welfare recipient. It will also buy fifty $200 turkeys in Nunavut. Or a USA minimum wage worker would be slave for 1,379 hours.

Or a third of a new car. Or exactly one ton of nickels.

I will say, that after gaining insight, that a criminal will often value money in terms of time and not dollars.

heavyfuel
08-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
im actually surprised they even got paid...

Why wouldn't they? An unpaid hitman turns star witness significantly faster when the heat comes down.

ercchry
08-29-2013, 03:27 PM

Why wouldn't they? An unpaid hitman turns star witness significantly faster when the heat comes down.

a "hitman" would be a foreign outside body... not a fellow gang member, its not all that rare to use gang on gang violence as an initiation for new members... their reward being of course membership

revelations
08-29-2013, 03:58 PM
I can see at least 3-4 epic Beyond threads referred to here .... :rofl:

ZenOps
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
I just wonder where the decommissioned nuclear bunker is, that they managed to hide so well.

You know, like Krystle Cole.

heavyfuel
08-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

a "hitman" would be a foreign outside body... not a fellow gang member, its not all that rare to use gang on gang violence as an initiation for new members... their reward being of course membership

Oh my apologies, didn't realize you were a criminal/gang expert as well lol lemme guess you got a criminology degree too? Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Valid clarification however with the right set of circumstances only a matter of time before any white guy gratified by being accepted by a reputed Asian criminal organization will exhibit the same behavior as underpaid outside hired help. "Fellow" gang member my ass, that one white guy you see with every group of Asians, is almost always expendable once the stakes get high enough.

JfuckinC
08-29-2013, 06:25 PM

Oh my apologies, didn't realize you were a criminal/gang expert as well lol lemme guess you got a criminology degree too? Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Valid clarification however with the right set of circumstances only a matter of time before any white guy gratified by being accepted by a reputed Asian criminal organization will exhibit the same behavior as underpaid outside hired help. "Fellow" gang member my ass, that one white guy you see with every group of Asians, is almost always expendable once the stakes get high enough.

Aw that sucks.. I'm the only white guy when i go out for lunch with previous co-workers and their friends.. i hope they don't ever leave me if the bill for wings comes out too high... :(

Sugarphreak
08-29-2013, 06:34 PM

01RedDX
08-29-2013, 08:03 PM

Disoblige
08-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I would be surprised if you got within 10 feet of the bill without getting sucker punched!
You're giving Asians too much credit :rofl:

Cos
08-29-2013, 09:45 PM

Maybelater
08-31-2013, 01:38 PM

Should have got a bike and joined the Hells Angels.

They even have a website for their incarcerated members. :bigpimp: