PDA

View Full Version : Electric razors. Recommend a good one.

ZMan2k2
09-02-2013, 01:50 PM
So here's the problem. I use a traditional razor and foam to shave, and just yesterday bought a pack of 8 blades, for $38.:eek: So now I'm considering electric razors. I need something that will cut through a thicker beard, as I shave every 3 or 4 days. I would also like something I'm not reolacing blades on every couple months.

So what do you use, or what have you heard works well?

Type_S1
09-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Braun 7 series. $250 and never looked back. Won't get as close shaved as a razor but I have never had razor burn since I started using it.

DEATH2000
09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
This thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/259370/old-school-shave-supplies-/

ExtraSlow
09-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I've run a few electrics, but I hated every one. I've run the disposable multi-blade razors, and didn't like those much either.

Old-school shaving makes my face happy, and once you get used to it, it isn't much more hassle than any other method.

v2kai
09-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Braun 7 series. $250 and never looked back. Won't get as close shaved as a razor but I have never had razor burn since I started using it.
:werd: I can second that. Pony up for the cleaning station, it's awesome. Still use conventional razor every now and then but the braun 7 series handles 90% duty cycle now.

Plus the convenience of shaving in my office if I"m running late is wicked. Used to hate electrics but this one changed my mind.

CokerRat
09-07-2013, 07:27 AM
I did some research a couple months ago and went with a Panasonic. It's a great razor so far and shaves closer and smoother than the Brauns or Phillips I've had in years past. The downsides are that the battery supposedly doesn't last that long (though I'm easily getting 3 weeks on a charge) and it has a high-pitched whine that could be irritating to your SO still lying in bed in the mornings. In any case, I'm happy with it.

ZMan2k2
09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys. I'll look into the Braun and the Panasonic. I don't need to buy right away, as I have the 8 pack of blades for now, but hopefully there's a sale on something soon. Great work and thanks again.