PDA

View Full Version : Jeep yj clutch issues

LUDELVR
09-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Hey all,

Just started having issues on my '92 YJ. It's the clutch system, specifically the hydraulic system it seems. I first noticed that the clutch wasn't very springy upon release and it would be difficult coming back all the way up but occasionally it would resort back to normal. I went for dinner today and the clutch pedal was all the way down to the floor with virtually no pressure. I thought I'd have to have it towed. I pumped what little it of travel I had on the clutch and it's almost as if it came back to life and I was ale to make it home; however, it still feels as if it'll give out again.

Upon checking the clutch reservoir, that little boot I side was a bit twisted and contorted. It was all squished to one side and did not look to be seated properly. To be honest it does not even look like it should be fitting in there because it's pretty big. Either way , it came out of there and there was still fluid in the reservoir.

My question is , would this be the culprit to my clutch issues or is there something else that cold be causing it? I don't seem to be seeing any major leaks on the ground but I might have missed something. Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers!

RickDaTuner
09-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I'd be looking to replace your clutch master cylinder, common issue on those jeeps

spikerS
09-03-2013, 06:22 AM
or slave cyl.

Had mine go on my old YJ, but it went right to the floor and never came back. had to have it towed.

bourge73
09-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Before replacing try bleeding the air from the system. Was my culprit in my XJ and saved me replacing parts. Worth a shot.