PDA

View Full Version : City: Sumerged Motor Vehicle Does not pose a threat to the environment

thetransporter
09-03-2013, 08:51 PM
As an update on the submerged truck that was located Saturday by the Calgary Fire Department (CFD) while on routine patrol, the following information is provided; Since this vehicle poses no immediate threat to the general public nor the environment, a meeting with the Stake holders will be held later this week to formulated a plan as to how best to remove this vehicle from the Bow river. The citizens of Calgary are reminded that with the level of the river dropping new hazards are being exposed almost daily. If choosing to use the river for recreational purposes users should be alert at all times for hidden hazards. The truck is located on a portion of the river that is considered closed at this time.

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/update-on-submerged-vehicle-found-248123.aspx

gamman
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I am sure the 4x4 guys will be over this like white on rice, but I thought than when you fall through the ice environmentally you have 24-48 hours to tow it out or it's on your hook. Water is a fed jurisdiction, surprised the city has any say.

Gas tanks should leak, what else?

FraserB
09-03-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd love to take a shot at it lol. Too bad the city would never let me.:(

DeleriousZ
09-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Great, so they won't mind me washing my car in my driveway then?

amear
09-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Great, so they won't mind me washing my car in my driveway then?

i always wash mine on the driveway :poosie:

gpomp
09-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by amear

i always wash mine on the driveway :poosie: :facepalm:

amear
09-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
:facepalm:

I meant rinse it down!! Lol no soap!

dirtsniffer
09-04-2013, 08:06 AM
It should say that it no longer poses any threat to the environment. ANything that would leak has already done so.

AndyL
09-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I could gitr ;)

This is news why? Its not the first vehicle thats been pulled out of the bow...if i recall city wide has a certified commercial diver working for them ;) and he'd be allover getting his picture in the paper...

thetransporter
09-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Did reports not tell us just 1L of motor oil can contaminate a 1 million L of river water? ?