PDA

View Full Version : September 4th, Airdrie and CPS

Cos
09-04-2013, 04:40 PM

Mibz
09-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Leaving work there was HAWKS, Calgary CPS, Calgary SWAT, RCMP, and an ambulance ripping up HWY 2. Around 330 and over Kings Heights.

Anybody see anything? Checked the Echo and Calgary Herald and nothing.

Interesting that CPS attended. Thinking maybe another bank robbery? Probably somebody going 55 in a 40 zone.

Cos
09-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Stealth22
09-04-2013, 06:09 PM
If it's not on the news, then it might not have been that serious.

I mean, Tactical gets called to execute high-risk arrest warrants. I'm sure those happen at least several times a week, and I don't remember ever hearing about one on the news, unless the suspect was involved in a high-profile crime.

Airdrie RCMP probably just needed CPS backup.

Go4Long
09-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

I mean, Tactical gets called to execute high-risk arrest warrants. I'm sure those happen at least several times a week, and I don't remember ever hearing about one on the news, unless the suspect was involved in a high-profile crime.

RCMP has the ERT to serve high risk warrants (which would be planned out in advance) no need to dispatch our TAC team for that. It would have to be an unforseen circumstance for the TAC boys to be called.

charlie2
09-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

Airdrie RCMP probably just needed CPS backup.

Airdrie RCMP would never call for CPS to back up unless the world was ending. A request for assistance from HAWCS is common, but the RCMP has their own support units to provide back up.

Most likely CPS coming out of the city to do something or rather (execute a search warrant on a file of theirs or apprehend an armed dangerous wanted person residing in Airdrie) and when that happens they require the RCMP to attend as the RCMP is the police of jurisdiction outside the city.

If nothing in the news right now then most likely not news worthy, or a press release will follow in the next 2 days, watch for it in the next airdrie echo.

syritis
09-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I passed by what looked like a pretty severe wreck on kings view at about 330. fire and CPS on scene shortly after saw a calgary ambulance ripping up the highway.

my guess is that at the time calgary crew happened to be closest available.

Stealth22
09-04-2013, 11:29 PM
^ But if Tactical responded, then it wasn't a traffic accident...

Cos
09-05-2013, 07:09 AM

BerserkerCatSplat
09-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Oh yeah it was first week of school. Probably a school zone blitz.

Pfft, Airdrie's one big fucking school zone anyway.

Tik-Tok
09-05-2013, 02:12 PM
There was an accident 2 days ago a few blocks from my house, and there were no less than 5 CPS cars, 2 command vehicles, 2 fire trucks, 3 ambulances, and a CPS Truck unit. All because some idiot in a F-150 took a turn too fast, and lodged himself under a flatdeck trailer.

I was amazed how many emergency responders were there for a 1 person injury accident.

syritis
09-05-2013, 08:48 PM
^^ probably assumed fatality.