PDA

View Full Version : Country Hills Toyota switched out my wheels?

Kylehugo
09-08-2013, 09:23 PM
First off sorry for the slightly misleading thread title, but I didn't want to type a whole paragraph before I got to this part...

Anyways, strange story and I thought I'd share.

First off, this is on my dads work truck, keep in mind it's a 2000 Tacoma thats pretty beat up, not a total wreck, but a truck thats been through plenty of fields and seen every winter its lived for.

So my dad takes his work truck in to Country Hills Toyota back in May to get his winters swapped out for his summers, which are a few years old but still have plenty of tread left. No big deal, until we notice that we are putting air in them way more often then normal. Looking at the wheels, my dad says they look a lot more beat up then they were before, with plenty of pitting and all the fake chrome coming off the centre caps.

So he's not 100% sure, but he feels like it's someone at country hills swapped them for his set, which weren't in mint condition, but at least never caused a lot of leaking issues.

Fortunately, I took him over to UrbanX and they got him all fixed up and confirmed it was the wheels causing the issue so at least now it's just an eye soar.

I just want to finish by saying that I'm not accusing anyone of anything, for all I know, maybe there was just a mix up or it could be very well that we are just retarded and never noticed it. I just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences

dj_rice
09-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I think you are just retarded. What are the odds, they would have the exact same set of rims sitting there waiting for the perfect moment to swap out...

Sugarphreak
09-08-2013, 09:54 PM

googe
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Well according to Jaymez, South Deerfoot Suzuki steals wheels, so they wouldn't be the first!

AE92_TreunoSC
09-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Very unlikely, old rubber on summer sets will leak over time from corrosion around the bead, they will wear differently as well.

You only see the set for 6 odd months at a time so its a very big claim to blame the dealership for theft based on a visual guess.

Everyone needs to stop trying slam companies on Beyond unless they have proof. Not just because they are butt hurt and think they got screwed.

JRSC00LUDE
09-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Or, they grabbed the wrong set out of storage......?

Boosted131
09-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Are the tire make/model the same? I doubt they would have the exact sale set if that's the case

spikerS
09-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey, I have heard of stranger things. One of the guys working there has the same set of rims, but in crappy shape. Quietly swaps the tires off them. And those kind of techs at a dealer have pretty high turn over...

Kylehugo
09-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Boosted131
Are the tire make/model the same? I doubt they would have the exact sale set if that's the case

Ya, the tires are right, I should have been a bit clearer, we brought in a set of tires without rims to be swapped onto the factory wheels that had winter tires on them

jaylo
09-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I would understand the wheel swapping if the vehicle is brand new and in mint shape.

You said it yourself that the vehicle is pretty beat up and I would assume the wheels are, too.

Over time, the oxidation and wear of a wheel will just exponentially get worse, kind of like rust that gets bigger and bigger every year due to salt,etc...

What kind of a tech would swap a 13 year wheel to another 13 year old wheel that is slightly more beat up than the other?

Mista Bob
09-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by jaylo

What kind of a tech would swap a 13 year wheel to another 13 year old wheel that is slightly more beat up than the other?

A genius mastermind who has just pulled off the greatest heist in history, and got away with it. He had to wait years for the right vehicle to come along but his patience has paid off.
Well played sir, well played.

Xtrema
09-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Mista Bob

A genius mastermind who has just pulled off the greatest heist in history, and got away with it. He had to wait years for the right vehicle to come along but his patience has paid off.
Well played sir, well played.

He waited 13 years to replace rims on a 2000 from a 1995. That's extra 5 year life on the rim. Definitely big time heist here.

hurrdurr
09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Go home Kylehugo, you're drunk

Heru-Farukon
09-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr
Go home Kylehugo, you're drunk
+1

Rat Fink
09-09-2013, 08:12 PM

khanan
09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I take my 07 RAV4 to country hills toyota for service and till this day, I havent had a piece of gum stolen from the car. I also keep my valentine one radar and the gps in the dash too. I have no idea how they managed to change 4 exactly same wheels.

I can rep for their honesty, maybe you just didn't pay attention.

Stupid thread btw, and even stupider title.

thetransporter
09-12-2013, 09:48 PM
many people go to dealerships to expect the best service its really just ass rape.

they just hire anyone who can change a tire.