PDA

View Full Version : New bubble tea joint?

Cooked Rice
09-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Looks to be a new BBT place in town called Tea Funny @ 123 - 1323 Centre Street NW. Couldn't find anything about it on google, and actually found it's address by looking it up on the Alberta Health Services website, looks like it just got it's permits a couple weeks ago. And you order via iPad menus? Looks to be open from pictures I found on instagram. Going to try and hit it up today.

Redlyne_jr
09-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Looks to be a new BBT place in town called Tea Funny @ 123 - 1323 Centre Street NW. Couldn't find anything about it on google, and actually found it's address by looking it up on the Alberta Health Services website, looks like it just got it's permits a couple weeks ago. And you order via iPad menus? Looks to be open from pictures I found on instagram. Going to try and hit it up today.

Where is it located near the Tim Hortons?

Cooked Rice
09-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Think it's by the Scotia, hit me up later we can try it

Redlyne_jr
09-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Think it's by the Scotia, hit me up later we can try it

Sounds good! :eek:

xolemonteaox
09-09-2013, 02:35 PM
It's not that good...

Friends and I tried it out on Saturday, August 31st at night, there was 1 other table.

The concept was good, but too bad the execute was not. The drinks are expensive for what they are. The pearls were hard. I had the Mango banana and it was ok. Friend had the mango avocado, the drink was icy and barely had any mango flavor. The shaved ice looked like it was just blended in a mixer, nothing like a real shaved ice. The mango tasted like dried mango.

Not planning to go back anytime soon. MAYBE will give them a try after a month, hoping they're all settled in.

dj_rice
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Only place I like for BBT is Try Again.