PDA

View Full Version : MERC63 runs [email protected] in his C63 in Edmonton



rage2
09-16-2013, 10:34 PM
:poosie:

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/fast316/media/20130913_221357_zpsf9527cf7.mp4.html

Weistec supercharged.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Impressive!

AudiPWR
09-17-2013, 07:38 AM
What do S/C kits on the C63 run for?

I'm looking into supercharging my e92 m3.. Kits are pricey! $10k for a 600hp one.

rage2
09-17-2013, 07:48 AM
It's about $13k for stage 1 and $16k for stage 3.

KRyn
09-17-2013, 08:26 AM
That's awesome!

iron_man888
09-17-2013, 03:14 PM
iU02KY02vPs#t=134

shakalaka
09-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Just something about those damn c63's!;)

merc63
09-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Another view:

http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/mercamg63/media/IMG_3746_zpse7142710.mp4.html


Thanks Rage

iron_man888
09-17-2013, 09:33 PM
How tricky is it to launch? Slicks must help a lot

amear
09-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2
It's about $13k for stage 1 and $16k for stage 3.

Soo are you going stage 3? ;)

brucebanner
09-18-2013, 05:13 AM
:eek:

Very nice. :thumbsup:

My dad and I have a Malibu that is a drag car and it's a consistent 10.3x car back east. This family sedan would likely race it. :rofl:

(I kid Twin cam, I kid!) :angel:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by bruceod
:eek:

Very nice. :thumbsup:

My dad and I have a Malibu that is a drag car and it's a consistent 10.3x car back east. This family sedan would likely race it. :rofl:

(I kid Twin cam, I kid!) :angel:

:D

never
09-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by merc63
Another view:

http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/mercamg63/media/IMG_3746_zpse7142710.mp4.html


Thanks Rage

Can't see the vids here at work but I saw you run 10s mid-July....very impressive! Here's hoping NHRA/IHRA revise the rules so we don't have to put roll bars in our cars. We chatted at the track on Sep 9...I'm the guy with the dark grey CTS-V that went [email protected] I got scolded on my last pass for not slowing down!

T-Dubbs
09-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
:poosie:

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/fast316/media/20130913_221357_zpsf9527cf7.mp4.html

Weistec supercharged.
What stage is this one? 3?

rage2
09-18-2013, 02:22 PM
I believe it's stage 3.

merc63
09-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by no|uno


Can't see the vids here at work but I saw you run 10s mid-July....very impressive! Here's hoping NHRA/IHRA revise the rules so we don't have to put roll bars in our cars. We chatted at the track on Sep 9...I'm the guy with the dark grey CTS-V that went [email protected] I got scolded on my last pass for not slowing down!


Yes that rule is stupid. Nice MPH.

I did a run, they never said anything thankfully. I'm heading down tomr night, This cool weather might help.


Tdubs, it's a stage 3 with built tranny and arp 625 studs holding it all together.

shakalaka
09-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Is this in Edmonton? If so, I might pop down if I get a chance to check some of these out.

merc63
09-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Yep

T-Dubbs
09-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I believe it's stage 3.
Wow that's impressive!
Couldn't imagine that much power, I thought it was fun to peel through the first 3 gears in a stock car.

never
09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by merc63



Yes that rule is stupid. Nice MPH.

I did a run, they never said anything thankfully. I'm heading down tomr night, This cool weather might help.


Tdubs, it's a stage 3 with built tranny and arp 625 studs holding it all together.

I'll be there too...see you tonight.

shakalaka
09-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Where exactly and what time is this? Beyond meet anyone?

I can bring my c63 by. Although I don't think I wanna run anything cause I've never done it before.

never
09-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Castrol Raceway near the airport.

$30 gets you as many passes as you want. Or $10 to watch. But lots of newbies at the track so don't worry about it...it's fun!

Racing starts between 6 and 7 and goes until about 11:30.

AudiPWR
09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Where exactly and what time is this? Beyond meet anyone?

I can bring my c63 by. Although I don't think I wanna run anything cause I've never done it before.

Its an automatic gearbox.. What are you worried about?

never
09-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR


Its an automatic gearbox.. What are you worried about?

It can feel overwhelming if you haven't done it before. But don't worry, other Beyonders will be there and we can help you out.