PDA

View Full Version : WTD: 2 or 3 bedroom house/duplex (etc) for rent.

Graham_A_M
09-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, a family I know is moving to Calgary Oct. 1st, are looking for accommodations.

Their in their very early 50's, with an 11 year old daughter. Both have jobs lined up, and are great super friendly people.

So Im trying to help house hunt for them. Their looking on Kijiji (from Ontario, where they're coming from) as am I. I thought I'd ask here though in case anybody has anything or knows of anything that would work for them. Big preference given to any place in proximity to a school for their daughter.

Basically, their not too picky on location, as in any area outside of the NE or Forest Lawn (etc). A garage is nice, but not needed per se'.

So minimum would be a two bedroom house/duplex/bungalow, 1000ft2 or bigger... Anything above that is just a bonus really.

The dad is also well versed & experienced in building & installing granite counter tops, so perhaps that can be worked into the equation for your house, the rental house or anything of that sort.

If anybody can help me land them something of this sort, thats nice, fitting and not atrociously expensive, (they're on a budget considering their starting fresh over here) I'll be happy to give you a $100+ giftcard for somewhere, or something else along those lines. Their great people, and Im just trying to do what I can to help out. So if you help me/them out, I'll make it worth your while for sure.

PM me or post here, thanks a ton!!! :thumbsup:

ercchry
09-20-2013, 01:17 PM
forget kijiji, use rentfaster

lint
09-20-2013, 01:26 PM
what's their budget?

Graham_A_M
09-20-2013, 06:40 PM
^ I'd hate to say it, but not too much. Presumably, $1700 or less... I cant say for certain, since its not my call, but $1800 or so would probably be their max. So thanks for the one you PM'ed me about, but thats way too much money, and too big of a house for what they'd need. Any more then a two or three bedroom, and it would be an expensive waste really, since all those extra rooms would be sitting vacant.

Sorry, I should have added this in the OP, but it also must be pet friendly, I think they have a (well trained, very well behaved) cat.

Eric, yeah we've been checking both Kijiji and Rentfaster a fair share. I thought I'd ask here too though.