PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the history of this Ferrari?

rach
09-21-2013, 03:55 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2000-Ferrari-360-W0QQAdIdZ449557208

all i know is services were all done at Ferrari calgary, with a new clutch, new pads, from BC, one owner vehicle.
also has a black vinyl wrap done at shadow tinting with 7 yrs warranty

RickDaTuner
09-21-2013, 06:07 PM
It doesn't matter what the history of that car is.

Stay far, far, far away from that Calgary Auto Selection.
I had a friend deal with them once, they tried to sell him a car at 3x times the price that It was for sale at another used car dealership, I stumbled upon the car he had test driven while searching kijiji.

They deal with highs risk clients, who then request a specific car, and have it sold to them at retarded mark up. they will try and make it seem all good and dandy with some third party warranty, but it's as good as toilet paper.

In tying to help my friend out, I took a trip with him down to the office, only to find three guys who looked like they had just come off a two day bender, who couldn't be bothered to clean up the spilt booze of their shirts or even comb their hair.

I u-turned out of there with out even saying a word, only to knock over a moldy take out box of Edo Japan on the floor, it looked like it had been siting there for a few weeks.

Never, ever Ever do business with them, Ever!

I bet that cheeze ball vynil wrap was done to hide unclaimed hail damage.

89s1
09-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Looks like they wrapped it themselves.

Even from those shitty pics I can see its a terrible job.

01RedDX
09-21-2013, 06:33 PM

rach
09-21-2013, 08:49 PM
just confirmed the wrap was done at SHADOW TINTING.
but it started to peel already/

Hallowed_point
09-21-2013, 09:07 PM
I've seen that car ripping around on elbow frequently..my first question is why is it wrapped? Wonder what kind of surprises are underneath

rach
09-21-2013, 09:11 PM
orginal color is baby blue, maybe thats the reason why they wrap it?

asp integra
09-21-2013, 09:55 PM
seen this car around, doesnt look very nice at all imo

RickDaTuner
09-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by rach
orginal color is baby blue, maybe thats the reason why they wrap it? :rolleyes:

Yup that must be the reason.

So what part of a Ferrari receiving close to $15k of service, then being sold at a moderately low price makes sense?

If your looking for a good deal on a 360, I would be looking in Florida. Even with the cost of importation, you'll be getting a better deal than that car.

shakalaka
09-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Saw it in the Westbrook Mall just off of Bow Trail. My reaction was wow that Ferrari looks like shit. As far as the history is concerned, just do a record check.

Maxx Mazda
09-21-2013, 11:26 PM
So it was baby blue, they wrapped it. That means they had someone take apart the headlights and spray bomb them flat black to match the CF wrap special... Guarantee they'll leak or fog up in a heartbeat. Yet another reason to steer clear of that car.

artieg30
09-21-2013, 11:40 PM
funny enough I remember having an "encounter" with this car several months back. Some roided out idiot was driving it and pulled up beside me at a red light on McLeod trail.

This was probably 8-9am in the morning on a weekday and this idiot revs his engine to try and get me into a drag race with him. Didn't pay any mind to him but he sure was a real winner doing loser runs on McLeod in the morning on a week day :banghead:

M.alex
09-22-2013, 01:45 AM
I wonder what the odds are of buying it then finding it needs another 20k in service :nut:

know1edge
09-22-2013, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by artieg30
funny enough I remember having an "encounter" with this car several months back. Some roided out idiot was driving it and pulled up beside me at a red light on McLeod trail.

This was probably 8-9am in the morning on a weekday and this idiot revs his engine to try and get me into a drag race with him. Didn't pay any mind to him but he sure was a real winner doing loser runs on McLeod in the morning on a week day :banghead:

yep I see this car ripping around all the time

Redlyne_mr2
09-22-2013, 02:14 AM
This is probably the worst 360 in North America.

M.alex
09-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
This is probably the worst 360 in North America.

Thanks for the details ... worse than the one at Regal Auto auctions, lol :nut:

bjstare
09-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I live on 17th and I've seen (who I presume to be) some guys who work at the dealership doing loser laps multiple times. One night I saw them pass by 4 times within a little over an hour at national.

luxor
09-22-2013, 05:05 PM
That has got to be THE WORST CF job EVER. You can tell the areas it has been over stretched and pieces JOINED and the CF pattern not matching. I could do a better job blind folded. Shoddy vinyl wrap on a Ferrari, that speaks a lot about the car and its previous owner already.

Alak
09-23-2013, 06:13 AM
I had a look at this car to see what the 'bottom' of the 360 market looks like as I'm looking for an f-car. Never buy this car, for any reason.

civic_stylez
09-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
I live on 17th and I've seen (who I presume to be) some guys who work at the dealership doing loser laps multiple times. One night I saw them pass by 4 times within a little over an hour at national.

this..

This car was acquired by a dealer that doesnt normally get Ferrari's so the owners drove this car A LOT. Drove it hard as well. There are much better options for you out there.

you&me
09-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Alak
I had a look at this car to see what the 'bottom' of the 360 market looks like as I'm looking for an f-car. Never buy this car, for any reason.

"Bottom" prices get you "bottom" cars. There's no such thing as a cheap Ferrari. If the purchase price is cheap, owning the car won't be.

soloracer
09-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't know anything about the car from personal experience and was tempted to buy it for a potential twin turbo project. However I was told that it had a number of problems that couldn't be sorted out and decided to go a different way. Any Ferrari purchase should involve a PPI as the repairs can easily exceed what you save on buying a good condition car.

Alak
09-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by you&me

"Bottom" prices get you "bottom" cars. There's no such thing as a cheap Ferrari. If the purchase price is cheap, owning the car won't be.

The Ferrari market is an entirely different entity than any other car market I've seen. I've been on the hunt for quite some time now for the right car for me. Every owner always tells me to buy the very tippy top of the market or as close to it as one can afford. Like you say, there is no such thing as a cheap Ferrari.

VW337
09-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Is this the same baby blue Ferrari that was at House of Cars a while back?

Hopefully this pic works:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/527809_10150923845799335_1067789518_n.jpg

roll_over
09-24-2013, 12:28 AM
^^^ I was wondering the same thing

M.alex
09-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by soloracer
Don't know anything about the car from personal experience and was tempted to buy it for a potential twin turbo project. However I was told that it had a number of problems that couldn't be sorted out and decided to go a different way. Any Ferrari purchase should involve a PPI as the repairs can easily exceed what you save on buying a good condition car.

Why won't anybody say what the problems are. I am curious :(

soloracer
09-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

Why won't anybody say what the problems are. I am curious :(

I was told there were rogue electrical problems that kept popping up. The horrible looking wrap job also probably drives people away wondering what on the body is wrong. Sounds like the perfect car for an LS1 swap.....you should do it. ;)

rach
09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
the dealer said the wrap has a 7 yrs warranty, so they can redo the wrap with any color within 7 yrs.. from Shadow Tinting.
not sure if this is true or not.

J.M.
09-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by rach
the dealer said the wrap has a 7 yrs warranty, so they can redo the wrap with any color within 7 yrs.. from Shadow Tinting.
not sure if this is true or not.

Buy it.

M.alex
09-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by soloracer

I was told there were rogue electrical problems that kept popping up. The horrible looking wrap job also probably drives people away wondering what on the body is wrong. Sounds like the perfect car for an LS1 swap.....you should do it. ;)

Great minds think alike :D

sidewaysD
09-24-2013, 11:00 AM
This car was parked in Mardaloop for a while. Previous owner or sales guy who had it at the time.

Sitting there for weeks.. until recently.

:dunno:

soloracer
09-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Buy it and sell me the 360 engine. ;)

snowcat
09-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by artieg30

Bahaha I saw the same guy, most likely the previous owner.

He was at 1410 acting like he was the absolute shit, and then peeled out from the bar.

It was definitely bagged to shit. The wrap job looks horrendous.

bastardchild
09-24-2013, 02:10 PM

Coming from a dumbass :rofl:

Alak
09-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Throw the serial # up on F-Chat. Could be a storied car.