PDA

View Full Version : My friend purchased a new ford truck (insert joke here)

QuasarCav
02-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Well my friend at work bought a new ford ranger. The dealer told her it had A/C and the console has the controls for A/C, but when you pop the hood NO A/C.

She has the build list, with A/C and the sticker under the hood with the charge amount and everything.

Ford is being a cunt and said the vehicle was inspected prior to delivery and was fine.

Does whe have any legal rights?, I said she should make a big scene or write to head office.

Any suggestions

Thanks

xkon
02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
uhh unless Ford is retarded, they will install it... if they wont, talk to their head office? This seems like a case of a lack of common sense (for the ford dealer)

RickDaTuner
02-24-2004, 12:00 PM
hahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahahha

sorry but what kind of car dealer foregets to put in a mojor component that you paid money for

QuasarCav
02-24-2004, 12:05 PM
I thought A/C was installed by the factory, and removed by the dealer if it was not ordered.

How did they manage to get an A/C HVAC control in there?

benyl
02-24-2004, 12:09 PM
weird. Sometimes the build spec doesn't match the car. Chrysler does that all the time. I would doubt that it happens to Ford too.

RickDaTuner
02-24-2004, 12:10 PM
yeah sorry cars are made at the factory only small things are added at the dealer....

Matthew
02-25-2004, 10:54 PM
What Ford dealership was this?

Your friend should talk to the sales manager at the dealership. Failing that, the problem can be referred to Ford's ombudsman for resolution. The procedure for dispute resolution is outlined in the documentation that came with the vehicle (warranty pamphlet, or manual or some other paperwork in the documentation package).

-Matthew

1badPT
02-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Yeah typically there will be trim levels, some with a/c and some without. The factory will make X number of vehicles in each trim level and put them in a distributor network (essentially they get parked on the dealer lots). Then as a person orders the car in a particular trim, they'll look through the distributor network and find one that matches the order and have the car shipped from that dealership to the "delivery" dealership, where the car is delivered to the client.

What it sounds like is they sourced the wrong vehicle - one of the trim levels that don't have a/c. Check the bill of sale for the a/c excise tax - its $100. If it's there, they owe your friend an air conditioner. If it's not there, then write to Ford and let them know the order was for a vehicle with a/c and it was delivered without a/c. Ford will more than likely instruct the dealer to accomodate you somehow (ie have an a/c installed).

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Update:

She went to the dealership to ask for A/C, They wouldn't budge.
She has the build list with the tax, the actual A/C as part of an option package.

She wrote the ombudsmen and I guess it goes from there.

Thanks guys

benyl
02-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Do they think she took it out?

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Do they think she took it out?

No, She had to get me to come outside to check if it was in there.
I can see right where it mounts but no compressor, evaporator, or condenser. I'll go find out what dealership it was.

rice_eater
02-26-2004, 09:53 AM
i dont wanna sound like an ass and this may sound silly, BUT every single car that i saw with the AC controls on the dash had AC. Different trims without AC come with different dash on the cars i've seen. So my question is, did you TRY on the AC buttons just for shits and giggles :nut: :nut: :nut::angel: :angel:

benyl
02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
No I meant the dealership. Does the dealership not want to install one because they think she "stole" it out of her own truck?

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
i dont wanna sound like an ass and this may sound silly, BUT every single car that i saw with the AC controls on the dash had AC. Different trims without AC come with different dash on the cars i've seen. So my question is, did you TRY on the AC buttons just for shits and giggles :nut: :nut: :nut::angel: :angel:

Yes, that is when she noticed a problem, the air was just outside temp. Evena fter 15 min.

I don't know exactly what the dealer said but i will find out.

T5_X
02-26-2004, 11:00 AM
What trim is it? If it is ANY XLT or Tremor or FX4 it should have A/C no questions asked, as those are standard. I think the 4L Edges come standard with A/C too but I'm not sure.
Any other XL or Edge models will have A/C as an option.

What dealership is this? How can they not acknowledge the problem if she even brought in the build list?

rice_eater
02-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Yes, that is when she noticed a problem, the air was just outside temp. Evena fter 15 min.

I don't know exactly what the dealer said but i will find out.

maybe they just forgot to fill the fluid for it :dunno: It just sounds weird man... What did they say when she brought the car over? That it didn't have an AC installed or what? I doubt any dealership in it's right mind would risk the bad press over an AC:dunno:

maximus
02-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Nobody mentioned Tony Tighe??
:rofl: :rofl:

syeve
02-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Reminds me or a few years back, my dad bought a Explorer with leather. He went to pick it up and guess what, no leather...then then tried to explain to my dad that leather was over rated and that its hot in the summer, cold in the winter blah blah. My dad said he paid for leather, he want leather. Comes back the next day and voila. leather, I get in the back seat and the whole back bench falls backwards with me in it. Turns out they "forgot" to bolt the fuckin bench down.

Needless to say, we got a Pathfinder.

GO FORD:D

rc2002
02-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Three simple words: "Small claims court"

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Yeah I think ford needs some tough love before they listen. They told her she could give it back and there would be no questions asked. doesn't sound like good PR to me.

I think she should send it back, through the front window with a brick on the gas pedal.:guns: :guns:

CelicaST-162
02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
At my old work this would always happen, for example a fellow ordered a Ford F-750 and wanted the Caterpillar 3126E diesel engine, but when he took delivery it had the 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel. One other guy ordered a F-250 with the powerstroke diesel engine but ended up with the 5.4L. This shit always happens with Ford usually because the plant fucks it up and then the dealer doesnt want to replace or fix the problem.

BTW what dealer is it?

DUBBED
02-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Yeah I think ford needs some tough love before they listen. They told her she could give it back and there would be no questions asked. doesn't sound like good PR to me.

Dude take it back and go buy a Tacoma, those are waaaaaaaaaaay cooler trucks anyway. :thumbsup: Trust me if she doesn't take the opportunity to give it back now she will regret it when her transmission falls out and they tell her it was her fault.

403Gemini
02-26-2004, 04:12 PM
just bitch a whole lot, she'll get it

and nothing wrong with fords, they're good vehicles. i like almost all vehicles (cept for kia's... never will like em lol)

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
just bitch a whole lot, she'll get it

and nothing wrong with fords, they're good vehicles. i like almost all vehicles (cept for kia's... never will like em lol)

Sorry to go off topic. But what happened to Kia? are they still around.

Does anyone really care.

After this experience I don't think there will be anymore ford buying coming from me.

szw
02-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Bring to a new dealer for warranty and say "my AC doesn't work properly?!"

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by szw
Bring to a new dealer for warranty and say "my AC doesn't work properly?!"

haha

I told her she should have just played dumb, Could of really fucked with the service guys.

How do you tell between the 3.0 and the 4.0 just by looking at it??

yes i know one will be bigger

T5_X
02-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Three simple words: "Small claims court"

Its a pain in the ass and it costs 100 bucks just to get a date. She's dealing with a big company and they are obviously in the wrong, its just an issue of getting to someone high enough in the chain of command, maybe threatening court action.

There should be printing somewhere on the engine saying if its a 3L, 4L or 2.3L, probably on the intake manifold or valve cover(s). If not, I'm sure there's a sticker under the hood or on the side of the door panel saying what it it.

BTW, boycotting a whole company just because you've heard of someone having a bad experience with one dealership is pretty weak reasoning.

QuasarCav
02-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to boycott. Just some good old fashioned misplaced ford anger.

Some people hate ford based on the many acronyms.

Found
On
Road
Dead

you know the rest.....

:angel:

-=MJ=-
02-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

and the least likely one

First
On
Race
Day

yea rite

Weapon_R
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Bring it into the dealership yourself and raise some hell. They will typically listen. Make sure a scene is made, because there will be potential customers looking for cars.

It's not really a hard concept - you paid for AC, you should get AC. Nothing really to argue here.

xkon
02-27-2004, 02:22 AM
forget the dealership, call this number, press 1 for complaints... they will fix the problem. Tell the dealer you are calling AMVIC as well

Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council
1-800-979-8100

AMVIC is a consumer protection group and every dealer is a member.

Is it Woodridge ford by chance?

Ben
02-27-2004, 02:58 AM
yeah, no shit, you walk in there and say you've filed a complaint with AMVIC, and their whole tone will change, haha.

fast95pony
02-27-2004, 04:07 PM
According to this thread Ford dealers aren't the only ones who screw up....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36742

Sounds like the dealer is giving her a hard time. Bitch like hell,then if that doesn't work, take it up with Ford of Canada.

I'm sure it will be quite obvious that the A/C was not installed as requested when she bought the truck.

QuasarCav
02-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Every dealer will screw up sometimes, It is how they handle the end result tthat determines the reputation.

I'm sure even BMW has screwed up time to time

ZorroAMG
02-27-2004, 04:49 PM
BMW Calgary service licks balls more than ford does.

Moe Man
02-27-2004, 06:21 PM
buy a V double U :thumbsup:

DBFORDTECH
02-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi

Send me the VIN, I'd love to run it throught FORD and see what it says

Calgaryscorpion
02-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Tell the dealer that you are going to contact AMVIC. (www.amvic.org )
All dealers have to belong to this and can not operate without belonging to this. They will settle your dispute or they will settle it before you go to them. Dealers hate it when you bring this up because they make thier lives hell and if they have too meany complaints, they lose thier dealership.

Hope this helps.

QuasarCav
03-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Well, ford cracked and gave her A/C. As soon as she mentioned AMVIC things changed.

Thanks all for your help. It is nice to know with the help of others that things can and will happen.

xkon
03-01-2004, 11:53 AM
AMVIC ownz!!!

xkon
03-01-2004, 12:55 PM
AMVIC ownz!!!

mention AMVIC at a car dealership always changes things. there are sooooooooo many rules they have to follow, and most of them dont!

eg. you CANNOT sell a car 'as is', a consumer doesnt have the right to waive their rights!!!

AutodreamMarvin
03-01-2004, 01:26 PM
okay, a little off topic but did you know that the ford ranger is the number one vehicle among lesbians?