PDA

View Full Version : Hunting / firearm Aficionados

hrdkore
09-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Any advice on beginner rifle setups from Wholesale Sports Outfitters or Basspro? are Savage arms packaged deals with scope a ok buy? What range am I looking to spend for a 270 deer hunting / all around rifle?

thanks,

KRyn
09-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Honestly it all depends on your budget and how much you feel comfortable spending. If you simply want a rifle to hunt deer with (and some other game) a .270 is a great choice. I have never shot a Savage but lots of people like them. For the price it seems they can't be beat. How much money are you wanting to spend?

Cash Money Hoes
09-24-2013, 08:33 AM
I believe you can get the sako A7 with a burris scope as a package at wholesale. Sako is a great gun. The gun will last you a life time and the scope is good enough that it can last you several seasons before you decide to upgrade.

The action on the sako is second to none and they guns are very consistent. It will be a little more expensive up front but it will save you a bunch of money in the long term.

I think it is between $1000 and $1100 depending on whether or not it is a stainless set up.