PDA

View Full Version : anyone on the board do fiberglass body work in their spare time?

LUDELVR
02-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Just want to know, cuz I'm gonna see if I can avoid taking my bumper to a shop...also want it done for cheap!!:thumbsup: :rofl:

Ed the SOHC
02-24-2004, 12:33 PM
your mom does it for cheap.....

edit: oh, didn't read your whole post. j/k

why don't you ask warren or we can attempt to do it ourselves.

LUDELVR
02-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
your mom does it for cheap.....

edit: oh, didn't read your whole post. j/k

why don't you ask warren or we can attempt to do it ourselves.

Mods, get this fucker outta here!! hahaha

Yah, I talked to warren already and it's like in the 300-400 dollar range to do it right. So, I figure, I'd check out if anyone can do it for cheaper...if not, I have some bondo and a spray paint can!! haha:rofl:

And the funny part is that I'm not joking!! hahaha:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
02-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Damn Id give you a hand if I was in the area, its pretty easy to do yourself dude, just get some fiberglass bondo and standard bondo and a bunch of different grits of sandpaper

SI-vic
02-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Just want to know, cuz I'm gonna see if I can avoid taking my bumper to a shop...also want it done for cheap!!:thumbsup: :rofl:

whats wrong with your bumper??

I got a massive hole in my front bumper at the end of last summer, and over the winter my dad and I worked on it with some fiberglass and bondo..... it still needs to be sanded down but it looks pretty good so far.
It wasnt toooo hard to do. I'm sure you'll be able to fix it yourself.

My pops is away on vacation right now, I'll try talking to him to see if he has any spare time to help you out.... but I highly doubt he'll have time ..... for personal reasons.

Phuqu
02-25-2004, 01:50 AM
Post a picture of it and I'll let you know how much it should be to fix properly.

Or send me a PM.

calgarys13
02-25-2004, 01:53 AM
ive done a bit of fibreglass...bumpers and building stuff from scratch u have a pic of whats wrong????ill charge for materials then say $50 ontop of it??also do you want it painted 2?

SI-vic
02-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by calgarys13
ive done a bit of fibreglass...bumpers and building stuff from scratch u have a pic of whats wrong????ill charge for materials then say $50 ontop of it??also do you want it painted 2?

how much do you charge for painting?
i might need my fiberglass painted after its been sanded down...

calgarys13
02-25-2004, 02:03 AM
currently the garage isn't ste up for painting but in about 6 months we should be painting my dads airplane and maybe we can throw some pieces in with it...i can do basic fibreglass right now though.....

SI-vic
02-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by calgarys13
currently the garage isn't ste up for painting but in about 6 months we should be painting my dads airplane and maybe we can throw some pieces in with it...i can do basic fibreglass right now though.....

awww I cant wait 6months. I need this bumper painted asap so that I can install it

thanks anyways!

pulse_crx
02-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Im looking to add a 2" extension to my ef9 bumper then add my eg siR front lip. Then mold and make it nice. Can anyone do this?