PDA

View Full Version : Specialty Auto Storage

zerofighter
09-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Looking for some reviews on this place as winter is coming up pretty quick.

Only found 1 review;
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=368947

Wondering if anyone else has used them before.

beyond_ban
09-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Looks really good. No personal experience though.

Not to thread hijack, but maybe a general winter storage thread should be made.

soloracer
09-24-2013, 08:13 PM
The facility is absolutely spotless and impeccable. I think the rates charged are fair. What else could you ask for?

zerofighter
09-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
The facility is absolutely spotless and impeccable. I think the rates charged are fair. What else could you ask for?

Have you used them before? Trying to see if anyone else has had first hand experience with them.

I have an option for a 10x20 storage unit (non-heated though) for a similar price per month that I can store my car, bike and a few other items in there as well.

Tik-Tok
09-24-2013, 08:51 PM
If its the same price, and more accessible, I would take the storage unit. You cant just walk into Specialty whenever you want, and I personally dont see a benefit to heated auto storage.

know1edge
09-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Go with Specialty Auto Storage just for a tour of his garages :drool: :drool:

zerofighter
09-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
If its the same price, and more accessible, I would take the storage unit. You cant just walk into Specialty whenever you want, and I personally dont see a benefit to heated auto storage.

The price per month is similar but if I do the yearly rate from Specialty Auto it is around the same price that I would pay for 5 months for the unit. A good thing with Specialty is that I can store the winter car there when the summer car is out if you do yearly. However, having the private unit (not saying that Specialty is bad), any time access and additional space is a quite a nice perk.

R-Audi
09-25-2013, 03:06 PM
I have a friend renting out his garage (Its giant.. holds 10 cars) if anyone is interested..I think he was talking about doing 6-8mo contracts.

mac_82
09-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Great place. Stored my car for a year while I was out of the country. Amazing service. And I knew my car was in good company being surrounded by exotics and high end cars.

e.widling
09-26-2013, 08:52 AM
This is the only place I've ever stored my car and I would never store it anywhere else. The photos on their site are accurate, the main building looks like an exotics dealership (not from the outside of course) and the other "hangars" are spotless and heated. The owner is a huge car enthusiast thankfully so he'll baby your car. Last time I picked mine up he washed it for me too! The insane amounts of exotics parked there speaks for itself. Only thing is you need 24 hour notice to pick up your car or drop it off as he has to park it for you, which is fine to me.