PDA

View Full Version : goat

continuation
02-24-2004, 01:05 PM
is anyone else dissapointed with the new gto? i feel as though it is underpowered and the suspention is to austrailian for our roads, causing rough rides but not a tight steering feeling. i think that because gm was rushed into making the new gto that they messed up huge. also whats up with ford and the fact that most of their new models are re-makes or up dates of older dis continued models, the gt40 might end up being a nice car, but i will never afford it, i think that the mustang it a cheap copy of the early mustang because for needed to re-gain the sales it was begining to loose. if you have any thoughts please feel free.

continuation
02-25-2004, 07:45 AM
bump

itsnotaDUB
02-25-2004, 07:53 AM
y is there a bump for this thread.. and the new mustangs are amazing.. there is nothing wrong with them, fors actuially smartend up with the GT and i think it will take off huge...

continuation
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
ford has no new ideas and they are playing off what the past designers have found to be a success...... in the past. i know that i and none of the people i talk to like any of the new ford re-makes. well except the gt40 :burnout: but like i said before i will never get to drive it. i just think that ford is messing up.

sxtasy
02-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Yes the new GTO is dissapointing, GM should have built it from scratch not from another platform. Whats even more dissapointing is that they arent coming to Canada. As for Ford, I guess we will see how the new Mustang does, but from the production pics, I dont see it doing all that great.

heavyD
02-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Ford is in a slump automobile sales-wise. If it wasn't for their high volume of trucks sold, they would be in big trouble. They fell to 3rd place this year behind Toyota for the first time which is not good. Ford only has itself to blame, they used to sell a fair bit of Taurus's but decided to make them ass-ugly and lost sales, the Focus is just okay, the Mustang hasn't had a restyle since the early 90's. They need to make better looking cars & while I think the new Mustang will sell alot of cars initially due to alot of nostalgia I think it's sales will drop off much like the VW Beetle because even though it is retro, it is kind of homley compared to newer sleek designs like the RX-8, 350Z, etc. I will never buy a Ford until they actually make a nice looking car that isn't $300K.