PDA

View Full Version : Seattle. Hotel close to seahawks stadium/night life?

lasimmon
09-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Hey all.

Going to a seahawks game again this year. December 29th to be exact.

Anyone know of a good hotel that is relatively close to the stadium and close to the night life (Any suggestions on that)?

Should we just book a room downtown?

TIA

BrknFngrs
09-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I stayed at the Silver Cloud Hotel when I was there in August. Literally can't get any closer to the stadiums as it's directly between the NFL and MLB stadiums. Decent enough, good price though priceline and they have a rooftop pool/hottub.

We walked downtown daily without issue but it's worth looking on a map to see if it's further than where you'd like to walk from.

R-Audi
09-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Walkable from the Westin...

swak
09-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
I stayed at the Silver Cloud Hotel when I was there in August. Literally can't get any closer to the stadiums as it's directly between the NFL and MLB stadiums. Decent enough, good price though priceline and they have a rooftop pool/hottub.

We walked downtown daily without issue but it's worth looking on a map to see if it's further than where you'd like to walk from.

I would highly recommend this place.

When i went, i stayed at a Hilton in Renton - and just took the train up to the stadium, not a long commute to dt or the ballparks.

lasimmon
09-26-2013, 10:49 AM
thanks guys i will look them up

bspot
09-26-2013, 11:58 AM
The area right around the stadiums kind of sucks. I'd stay either Pioneer Square or downtown. You're looking at either 1 or 2 stops on the train to the stadium, or a medium-long walk.

Oh! And do the underground tour! They raised the whole city up about 8-10'. You can walk around at the old street level, which is below today's sidewalks. It's actually pretty cool.

SkiBum5.0
09-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Walkable from the Westin...

This. I booked through Priceline or similar discount website and got it for $89 a night.

QWest stadium is insane and make sure to join in on the pre-game shenanigans.

Evo prec
09-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I just went last Sunday against the Jags and we stayed at the Fairmont downtown but didn't realize how ghetto Downtown has become. I would suggest staying at the Four Seasons if its in your price range its right by Pike place market and a quick 10 dollar cab ride to the game

z24_wheels
09-26-2013, 02:44 PM
I got rooms at Crowne Plaza through Priceline a few years ago. Very nice hotel and wicked price for the week.

googe
09-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Yeah downtown is kind of a shit hole at times. SilverCloud is closest, a bit on the cheaper side but not a dive. Westin is nicer and downtown but not too far. There isn't a lot of "night life" near it, just other stadiums. There is a brewery that is nothing special, and Elysian Fields which is decent. Downtown is kind of a shit hole. Most of the bar hoppers go to Capitol Hill/Broadway area, which isn't a bad cab ride, but not a good walk.