PDA

View Full Version : Review: Moores Autoglass

Cooked Rice
09-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Finally got around to getting the windshield on my 4Runner replaced this morning. Took it to Moores, cause of the price and heard lots of guys here went there. Obviously they use cheaper glass, but that was okay with me as at the price of $185+GST out the door, I could afford a new windshield every year if needed be.

So appt was at 9, got there at 845, and was directed to drive right into the bay out back. They started on it promptly and was told the day before they'd have me out by 10. So off to the waiting area I went up front to read the daily newspaper. By the time 935 rolled around, the guy from the back who was doing the job told me it was good to go. (wtf that was fast I thought) So I go pay up, $195 later I'm on my way.

Right away I noticed a couple of things, the area around the window makes crackling noises when going over bumps, not sure if this is because the adhesive hasn't set yet, but I will follow up on this tomorrow.

Edit: The crackling noises have seemed to have subsided 12 hours after the install.

They forgot to put the wire cover back on my rear view mirror. It was sitting in my center console, not a big deal.

A-pillar trim on passenger side had some scratches and scuffs on it from the blade/chisel they use to cut the old windshield out. Not very visible as the damage faces out the window vs inside the cabin. But it was still damaged during install.

Half of the rubber plastic/garnish on the outside of the truck that runs along the bottom of the window was pinched by the new windshield. Was able to use a thin plastic card, and lift it back out from underneath. Lack of attention from the shop.

Interior was left dusty/dirty from the install. Again, not a big deal, but definitely does not leave a good impression.

For the price, I think the job was fair. If the installer was a bit more careful with his tools, and took a better look over the job before handing the keys back to me the experience would have been quite positive. I will check back in about the creaking though.

Glass stamp, as well as the scuffing seen on the trim inside.
http://s16.postimg.org/sqpfst185/image.jpg

heavyfuel
09-26-2013, 11:46 AM
You get what you pay for, and the cheapest price isn't always your best option. You seem pretty easy going about it but IMO they did a bit of a hack job based on your description. My Duramax needs a new windshield soon, and I certainly won't be going to this place.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah sounds like a fairly poor job from what I hear.

We use Crystal Glass for all customer vehicles at work, we rarely have a problem and if there is one they take care of it right away.

kvg
09-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Good
Fast
Cheap

Pick 2:dunno: