PDA

View Full Version : Question for Soarer/Aristo Owners

Skrilla
10-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Looking at picking up possibly a Soarer or Aristo for something different. Just wondering from people who have owned/own them what are things to look out for, options to look for/lookout for etc.

Any better years than others? I have no experience with them, and I know this is a vague question but any info helps. Been doing a lot of reading, mostly forums, but its pretty one sided that they are just a great car. Looking for some other opinions.

I will likely be dumping it, with some wheels and thats about it. No major mods of any sort.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Vr4Whore
10-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Both awesome cars, both are super durable and easy to get parts for. The Aristo consumes a little more gas, but is a much faster car with traction control engaged. Both cars respond very well to simple bolt ons, however the Soarer auto trans can only hand 300 rwhp. I know someone that made 350 rwhp on an Aristo that had a mines/blitz ecu, exhaust , intake, intercooler, and a boost controller.

PS if you end up buying an Aristo I have a set HKS coilovers :)

Narutart
10-01-2013, 08:48 PM
in a similar vein, does anyone do gte swaps in calgary? id love an aristo but prefer lhd to rhd

know1edge
10-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Jimmy @ Vex has a gte 2GS