PDA

View Full Version : #BringBackReBoot (Press Release Oct 1, 2013)

Disoblige
10-01-2013, 11:28 PM
http://www.bringbackreboot.com/

VANCOUVER, BC (September 30, 2013) – A renowned global animation brand is about to be re-booted. Reflecting the company’s commitment to the production of animated programming for television, Rainmaker Entertainment Inc. has named its television division Mainframe Entertainment.

In conjunction with the re-birth of Mainframe Entertainment, a name celebrated for its pioneering achievements in computer-animated television, the company has unveiled the first two series in development: an all-new version of the popular ReBoot franchise and Tiger’s Apprentice, a CGI animated series based on the trilogy of young adult novels written by award-winning author Laurence Yep.

The reimagining of the venerable ReBoot series comes just in time for its20th anniversary. Making its debut on television screens in 1994, ReBoot was centered on the world of Mainframe, where a guardian program sprite and his friends defended the system from superviruses bent on creating havoc and destruction. Mainframe Entertainment will team with leading computer industry manufacturers to update the ReBoot universe and create a ground-breaking viewing experience for fans.

“We are excited to focus our television production activities under the Mainframe brand with an all-new version of ReBoot as well as engage with celebrated children’s programming producer Jane Startz onTiger’s Apprentice. ReBoot is certain to be embraced by a new generation of fans while Tiger’s Apprentice will provide a bold and unique television experience for kids everywhere,” said Michael Hefferon, President and Executive Producer of Mainframe parent Rainmaker Entertainment.

http://www.bringbackreboot.com/press-release-01-10-13.html

All I can say is.. AWESOME!!
The nerd in me wants a T-Shirt :D

e31
10-02-2013, 12:17 AM
I loved this show as a kid. Imagine the possibility for insider jokes now; I can imagine Fong trying his best to keep everyone from looking behind a poorly secured door labelled "NSAKEY".

BigDL
10-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Love that show, i can't wait for it to come back.

AE92_TreunoSC
10-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Sweet! Hope it works out haha.

I remember reading the original show's raw files were so big they couldn't be stored and had to be deleted haha. So once rendered and aired there was no going back haha.

reiRei
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm so excited for this, I hope they don't eff it up

D'z Nutz
10-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Too bad the voice actor that played Megabyte died. That guy had a pretty distinct voice :(

COtVW2SG-_M

Disoblige
10-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Nooooo.. I looked up more of his work, and he was also Dr. Lipschitz on Rugrats. Totally never realized that.

HiTempguy1
10-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I would buy box sets of this. Reboot was by far one of my favourite shows as a kid.

Mibz
10-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Do yourselves a favour and do not go back and rewatch Reboot. I did, and it completely ruined my good memories.

Except the Dungeons and Dragons episode with Mic. That shit was still hilarious.

reiRei
10-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Between the end of Season 2 and all of Season 3 it was really good, well written, it became more of an older type of television show.

The movies, Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs were good, but I am excited to see what happens with this "Re-imagining" of the series.

Disoblige
10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Do yourselves a favour and do not go back and rewatch Reboot. I did, and it completely ruined my good memories.

Haha, let me give you some nostalgia then.

It's evening and you'd watch ReBoot, then Beast Wars, and in between you watch these weird YTV filler shorts before the next show.

ScvIbcNV38k

Then it's GooseBumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark afterwards, nice! And Student Bodies/Breaker High after that but you were too young to want to watch them and they were lame anyways (Ryan Gosling bleh).

ercchry
10-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

... but you were too young to want to watch those shows and they were lame anyways (Ryan Gosling bleh).

mibz was not too young... if anything he was too old for ReBoot :rofl:

HomespunLobster
10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I rewatched all the eipsodes last year. Ruined nothing. Just brought back good memories, and new laughs with a different point of view