PDA

View Full Version : Accounting software

AndyL
10-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Ok... Need advice, quickbooks was a very bad "upgrade". About to nuke the f*ing thing.

We went from excel, then a version of gnucash, to SA, to Quickbooks; quickbooks has been a complete and total failure - was supposed to let me do everything at the jobsite, but it's never fricken worked... App wont load, not available in canada, blah blah blah. Now it's not getting along with windows 8, quickbooks blames windows, microsoft blames quickbooks... Awesome!

Accountant wants us to use some other program - that's insanely overpriced (IMHO) - forgetting the name now. And seems to require a degree in accounting to operate - partly why we got away from SA.

Customer recently pointed me at freshbooks - I'm weary, I really don't want to spend another week beating my head against the wall converting databases again etc. But - QB has to go.

Anyone have suggestions to what software doesn't blow complete chunks after every windows update, and require a crapton of courses just to be able to use effectively? Idealy being able to invoice from the jobsite (ie my phone) would be awesomesauce...

DJ_NAV
10-05-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm an accountant and I have found that my clients who use freshbooks or wave accounting really like it. Wave accounting is mostly free also. I'm not sure what type of invoicing you have - let me know and I can advise you better. Also, FYI your accountant should be assisting you with this question.