PDA

View Full Version : FEDEX , wierd charges.

JAYMEZ
02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Ok so about 3 months ago i ordered an STi emblem from vividracing.com , the price was 34 US ( 48 CAN or so ) plus $33 shipping and handling to Canada . So about 1 and half weeks later i got it , everything was fine blah blah , so today my friend who payed for it on his credit card got an invoice saying that fedex is chargeing me MORE because of customs and GST , and this is 3 months later? First off i payed $33 for shipping a 3x3 STICKER to canada now they want me to pay an extra $20?!

What should i do? My friend is afraid that the collection agency is going to come , the $20 is nothing , its just the point of them trying to be greedy that makes me mad

Fluidic
02-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Why did you pay so much for shipping and handling to Canada? If it was just an emblem... you should have known something was up when Fedex decided to charge you that much for an item that ways significantly less then a pound!!

chukilabs
02-24-2004, 06:52 PM
the same thing happened to, It sucks because i thought it was all over and done with. Then a bill has just came today.
a month and a half later.

AquamosH
02-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Did you already pay the GST when it got delivered to you?

I just picked up a package from Fed-Ex yesterday, and was asked to pay $14 for GST and something called a Rod Fee on the spot. You should have expected to eventually pay the GST.

Seanith
02-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH

Rod Fee on the spot.

For clarification, the "Rod Fee" is the fee for them to stick a rod (penis) in your anal cavity. The "spot" in question would be your anal cavity like noted above.

When will you guys learn NEVER get shit sent via UPS or Fedex across the border. Rod Fees will be applied! :thumbsdow

AquamosH
02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

For clarification, the "Rod Fee" is the fee for them to stick a rod (penis) in your anal cavity. The "spot" in question would be your anal cavity like noted above.

When will you guys learn NEVER get shit sent via UPS or Fedex across the border. Rod Fees will be applied! :thumbsdow

:rofl: It was only $7, I think I'll live. :D

Seanith
02-24-2004, 07:47 PM
lol :nut:
For the original topic, you should bitch fedex out.

20incheyes
02-24-2004, 08:51 PM
$33 for an emblem, you got screwed, I get packages from the US on a weekly basis which are shoes/electronics/mags which none has cost me over $20CDN for regular air, which takes 10 biz days max from the US.

JAYMEZ
02-24-2004, 09:45 PM
But i payed all the shipping and crap , why should i pay it again? thats what im asking. Rage where are u lol

redx2nv
02-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Time to vent

All i can fucking say is FUCK FED FEX, FUCK UPS, FUCK USPS...Fuckers, i hope their ceos all burn in hell for running such shoddy businesses...

Anyways my story:

I bought a set of rims in the states. The seller had a comapny account so he shipped it with them, the price would be $100 to ship(not on form), $181.77 GST, $72.49 brokerage.. Sounds good, $350 right...WRONG

This is the story from hell

First of all, they LOST 2 out of my 4 rims for two months.

They found the rims, and i got it a month later(3 months total for a 2 week package. I accept my loss, paid my fees so i cant receive my package and im on my way)

Flash forward 5 months to NOW!

Fed ex contacted the seller saying that the seller owes $500 since i didnt pay for the charges, and i was no where to be contaced..

He faxes me the forms, HMMM, lets see.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p8be639b7cf6578b6cb6db7ad3d77a0b3/f9b9338f.jpg.orig.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p0cc6771cd9fb3a8e28c8d65aebde59de/f9b92b50.jpg.orig.jpg

If you notice it says "collection attempts from cosignee, paid VISA -Aw 5/30"(i blanked out the number). So it shows i already fucking paid GRRRR...

These asshats try and charge me with me WITH PST, last time i checked i NEVER had to pay PST..

So i try to resolve the problem, so i find my VISA statements... Only to find out these assholes, behind my BACK, charged me with PS FUCKING T ($450 instead of $250)...YES PST, in alberta. This is ludicrous BULLSHIT if i ever heard it
:whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

up2spd
02-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Yeah they're ALL pretty bad... So far UPS has managed to lose my JR Supercharger (took 2 months to for me to get it) and FEDEX damaged my DC headers during shipment. They only covered $100 for damages and PUROLATOR has managed to lose my HKS exhaust. All coming from across the border !!!

So yeah let em all rot in hell !! ha ha..

googe
02-25-2004, 12:26 AM
okay, so who DOESNT suck? I order from the states regularly, and im running out of options! are there any other international couriers?

and james, personally id just ignore them. it sucks cause its your friend they will harass, but theres nothing that collection agencies can do if you dont buy into their BS. refuse all charges on your card by them, and dont give them a dime.

redx2nv
02-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by googe
okay, so who DOESNT suck? I order from the states regularly, and im running out of options! are there any other international couriers?

and james, personally id just ignore them. it sucks cause its your friend they will harass, but theres nothing that collection agencies can do if you dont buy into their BS. refuse all charges on your card by them, and dont give them a dime.

I'd say USPS/Canada Post is actually the best. I dont deal with any other type of courrier company when i ship.

Just dissapointed though when i sent out a MINT phoenix yellow integar fender to a customer in california who had been searching long and far, only to receive it with the corner bent in half...

CalgaryB5
02-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv
Time to vent

All i can fucking say is FUCK FED FEX, FUCK UPS, FUCK USPS...Fuckers, i hope their ceos all burn in hell for running such shoddy businesses...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sean7
02-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Thats why you should always ship USPS, I have shipped many things up from the states using them and have never had any problems or hidden extra fees. Most of the time they just drop the package inbetween my screen door and the house door, and walk away, I don't have to pay a penny :)

hampstor
02-25-2004, 01:32 AM
I say this at work all the time as I deal with fedex, ups and purolator..

if fedex and ups merged, we'd call it FEDUPS. Your packages are guaranteed to come late and when they do come, you find out they are not yours :D

googe
02-25-2004, 01:33 AM
USPS is better, but still sucks, cause you cant track international shipments. quite slow too:)

Zero102
02-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Sure you can... I had a ton of parts for my car shipped via USPS, and they gave me a tracking number. I could even track it once it came to canada through the purolator web site.
Yeah, UPS has ripped me off a few times... pay $50 for something, they show up with $50 in bills... that's just stupid.
With the fedex bills, I never paid mine... lol
I had some rims/tires shipped to me, paid $110 for shipping (usd), then about 2 months after they showed up, I got 2 bills for brokerage and gst. $75 each, I forgot about them, found them a couple weeks ago (they arrived in september). They never followed up or anything.

JAYMEZ
02-25-2004, 12:31 PM
So not one person answered my question, i know they both suck , but there is no one else to use . So do i pay it or not ?

CRXguy
02-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by googe
USPS is better, but still sucks, cause you cant track international shipments. quite slow too:)

Ummm, yeah you can! :thumbsup:

mutsuraboshi
02-25-2004, 12:42 PM
haha thats one expensive sticker james

up2spd
02-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Don't pay it man!

googe
02-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Sure you can... I had a ton of parts for my car shipped via USPS, and they gave me a tracking number. I could even track it once it came to canada through the purolator web site.

Originally posted by CRXguy

Ummm, yeah you can! :thumbsup:

oh cool, good to know :D i just had someone send something and said they cant track internationally, but i think he was confused

Zero102
02-26-2004, 12:45 AM
The people you talk to at USPS, especially at their locations, know nothing.

In my opinion, if the charges are legit, you SHOULD pay it, but whether I would or not is another question.
Technically you are obligated to pay the charges, and if they felt like it, they could pursue the charges, and take you to court perhaps, which would probably have negative effects on your credit record.
However, in my case I simply forgot, and apparently they did as well.
So, the right thing to do is pay the charges, and never use them again.

googe
02-26-2004, 02:44 AM
I disagree. If the charges were reasonable, then yes. But there becomes a point where brokerage becomes extortion, and they are well into that range. But thats just me :) If they had a reasonable fee, Id be glad to pay them for their work. But if they are going to sneak in an overinflated brokerage fee after the fact, youre going to have to fight me for it.

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-26-2004, 01:34 PM
USPS / canada post is decent, i try to use them the most... but they are slow/tracking sucks

if your sending something to the states i recommend canada post, its dirt cheap..

usps is also good to recieve from usually cheap shipping/taxes and shit..

George_Reyes
01-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I know its an old thread but I found a good technique to avoid these fees.

Spell your name wrong, they can't give you bad credit. :rofl: I've done it so many times :angel:

Seanith
01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
lol wtf

Toma
01-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Brokerage and GST are normal part of shipping up from the US. You should know that, or you should have known that. In any event, now you do, so you got a cheap education ;)

Pay it.

For future reference, for cheap shit like that, or CD's, or anything small, USPS/Canada post is the way to go.

For big ticket itmes that are used, or not from a manufacturer, UPS is the way to go, buy insurance, and swallow the $55 brokerage. USPS/Canada post SUCK for insurance, and do not offer any on used or re/sold items.

you can also go to canada customs and clear the items yourself.

canadian_hustla
04-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I know this is an old thread, but instead of making another one I thought I would add to this:

For big ticket itmes that are used, or not from a manufacturer, UPS is the way to go, buy insurance, and swallow the $55 brokerage. USPS/Canada post SUCK for insurance, and do not offer any on used or re/sold items.

^ ^ ^ ^

So what you are saying is that you pay 20USD for shipping of an item from the U.S.A (or whatever), and THEN an actra GST tax AND brokerage fee?

what the fuck is brokerage anyways?

I just bought a pair of foglights, 80USD (including shipping).. and now i had to pay an extra 38.40 brokerage and 7.26GST + brokerage GST of 2.96.

LIKE WTF, DID THIS GUY EVEN PAY FOR SHIPPING AT ALL???

any help would be appreciated on this matter as brokerage = 50% of the item cost

Zero102
04-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Brokerage is paying for them to fill out the paperwork at customs, and it's a total ripoff. That's why when you are shipping across the border, whenever possible, you use USPS, because they only charge like $5 handling fee, and GST, no brokerage fees.

Of course he paid for shipping, otherwise you would have gotten a shipping bill as well.