PDA

View Full Version : Standard hub size of a common steelie??

Canucks3322
10-06-2013, 07:58 PM
I picked up a couple steel rims/winter tire sets off kijiji, 5 x 114.3, 16 inchers for my Mazda 3s...I looked up the hub size a month ago and wrote it down as 70.1 mm but when I go on the 1010tires.com site, they sell 70mm to 67.1...does it make a difference? I guess it's only 0.1 mm...:dunno: Does anyone know technically what it is? I tried measuring it myself but having never been a great science/math student I don't know how to measure it accurately haha...should I just buy the 70mm to 67.1??

luxor
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Are you trolling or something? You don't need to be great at science or math to measure the hub size.

Your Mazda 3 hub size should be 67.1mm. If you bought 70.1mm steelies then you would want to use HUB CENTRIC rings that are 67.1mm inner bore size and 70.1mm outer bore size. Take a caliper or measuring tape and measure your steelies again from one end of the bore to the other (diameter). You can run without hub rings as long as you center your wheels properly (the lugs should do that) and if the steelies have a larger bore, but I recommend them.

Canucks3322
10-06-2013, 08:14 PM
It's hard to measure 70.1 versus 70...:( ...one website says 70.1 the other says 70mm

Ok, I kind of see what you're saying now Luxor, some steel wheels are NOT hubcentric?? Dumb question...how do I tell if my steelies are NOT hubcentric though?:dunno:

luxor
10-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
It's hard to measure 70.1 versus 70...:( ...one website says 70.1 the other says 70mm

Ok, I kind of see what you're saying now Luxor, some steel wheels are NOT hubcentric?? Dumb question...how do I tell if my steelies are NOT hubcentric though?:dunno:

The hub size for your Mazda 3 SHOULD be 67.1 mm not 70 or 70.1. If those steelies that you purchased also measure 67.1 mm then they ARE hub centric to your car, otherwise they aren't. If they aren't you still need to measure the hub size on those steelies to get the correct hub centric rings to center the wheel to the hub properly.

Take a look at this guide:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61336

Aleks
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by luxor

The hub size for your Mazda 3 SHOULD be 67.1 mm not 70 or 70.1. If those steelies that you purchased also measure 67.1 mm then they ARE hub centric to your car, otherwise they aren't. If they aren't you still need to measure the hub size on those steelies to get the correct hub centric rings to center the wheel to the hub properly.

Take a look at this guide:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61336

There are no center rings for steel wheels as far as I know. I've been using generic steel wheels with larger center bores for years on many different cars without any issues .