PDA

View Full Version : Almost got ran off the road

Chim
02-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Ok I'm warning you right now that this post may contain bits of racism but I am pissed off to the furthest extent right now.

I was going right onto Anderson from 14th street to drop a buddy off, and I was merging onto Anderson. In the lane I was going to merge in, there was a bus in that lane probably 10 carlengths behind where the divider ends and the merge starts. So I go around the corner, start accelerating to match the speed of other cars.

At this point in time I'm going about 80 km/h and the end of the divider is about 5 carlengths ahead. I prepare to merge by shoulder/mirror checking, and the bus is about 2 car lengths behind. Since I'm already going the speed limit, I should've been fine to merge into the lane. When the divider ends I start steering a bit to the left, and I shouldercheck once again just to be safe.

The bus is about .5 car lengths behind me at this point so I accelerate to 90 so that I could get a safe distance to complete my merge.

This is where things start to piss me off. The bus driver is matching my speed, as a matter of fact I was going 90 and he was moving parallel. The thing is, the merge was ending and my lane was running out so I slam on my brakes and stopped right before there was no room for me on the road.

I'm utterly fucking enraged at this point in time, fucking morons dont even know how to deal with a merge. I finally get onto Anderson road and get up beside the bus. The driver was a native Indian, and the bus was full of Indian kids going back to their fucking reserve.
I've always held somethign against Indians because they do absolutely nothing in our society but drain our fucking money (this one Indian kid that went to my high school got $90k when he turned 18. Fucking bullshit). Except this time I'm fucking so pissed off because one tried to fucking kill me.

Cliffs notes:

#1. Trying to merge onto Anderson Road
#2. Bus driver doesn't yield even though I was clearly there first. He even accelerated, even though he knew that would prevent me from merging
#3. Almost get run off the road
#4. Get back on the road, find out the driver is a native Indian driving a bus full of kids
#5. Threw a racist fit because I'm so pissed off right now.

:whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

nine8civicSi
02-24-2004, 07:24 PM
# 4 ----------> a la Jean Chretien , lol

on a side note, all stereotypes have some truth to them......but he aint the PM so what can they do?

t3rry
02-24-2004, 07:25 PM
my guess is that rifle you have for sale is not going to be unfired much longer :dunno:

yea, i have had the same thing happen to me, only it was a city bus, full of kids... if the bus drivers cant respect thier own lives, maybe they should show a little respect for the kids lives

jonik
02-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Bus drivers don't give a crap, it's not their care and their fully covered by the insurace.

ICEBERG
02-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Do you think it would have made any difference if it was a white guy driving the bus? Why does it matter if it was an native Indian? Either way (Indian,white,black,asian) you would be still Pi$$ed.

No need to bring up any other issues with any race because you where mad.

socks
02-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Just a couple of thoughts:

You say you were "clearly there first", yet a loaded school bus somehow managed to come from behind and out-accelerate you to the end of the merge lane. Either buddy was running some serious boost in the banana-wagon, or your pirate ship needs a few more hamsters under the hood. Either way, it sounds like you simply misjudged your merge.

Bottom line - if you've got the power to get in front, by all means, go for it. If not, better hang back and merge in behind.

Besides, merging is a judgement call: maybe he was boxed in by traffic, saw your little econobox heading for the merge and thought "hey, this is going to be tight. I better speed up a bit to leave some room for the guy to merge in behind." Given that 95% of the driving public tries to merge at about 30 km/h less than the flow of traffic, this is usually a pretty good call to make.

CalgaryB5
02-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Some people abuse other drivers because they drive a bigger car. :guns:

Chim
02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Well I was going 40 out of the turn...he was already going at the 80 speedlimit. I still should have been able to get ahead of him because I was already ahead of him just going slightly slower.

Well now that I'm cooled down a bit I'll admit that asshole could've been anyone, not just an Indian. But he had a bus full of kids and should've been driving defensively.

89EF
02-24-2004, 09:50 PM
i agree with you man some people:thumbsdow ...i've had my share of similar situations.

cappachihngo
02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
man a bus trying 2 out run 2 when ur merging... wow wuts the driver on????

86max
02-25-2004, 09:42 AM
maybe those kids were the ones that "accidentally" lit that pile of garbage on fire at the reserve right beside woodbine, giving everyone a hard time breathing , the bus was their escape vehicle :dunno:

ShOwOfF
02-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by socks
Just a couple of thoughts:

You say you were "clearly there first", yet a loaded school bus somehow managed to come from behind and out-accelerate you to the end of the merge lane. Either buddy was running some serious boost in the banana-wagon, or your pirate ship needs a few more hamsters under the hood. Either way, it sounds like you simply misjudged your merge.

Bottom line - if you've got the power to get in front, by all means, go for it. If not, better hang back and merge in behind.

Besides, merging is a judgement call: maybe he was boxed in by traffic, saw your little econobox heading for the merge and thought "hey, this is going to be tight. I better speed up a bit to leave some room for the guy to merge in behind." Given that 95% of the driving public tries to merge at about 30 km/h less than the flow of traffic, this is usually a pretty good call to make.

Good points :thumbsup: