PDA

View Full Version : LF: web programmer

CompletelyNumb
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Looking for some tips or leads on hiring a programmer. I've got one project in the works now that could use a solid programmer for a few months.

I've been scouring sites like oDesk and Elance but haven't been able to find someone just yet. I don't need a local person, but north america would be nice, even if it's just for the ease of communication and working the same hours.

Curious if anyone here has had any luck on these sites, or if you had other means of hiring people?

Cheers

For the inevitable question of what I need done, prefer developing in a LAMP environment simply because thats what my background is and I would have an easier time managing the project. It's a large scale web app, programmer needs to be familiar with security, version control, and various APIs. We already have a DBA hired to design the database, and the server end is well taken care of. Just need a programmer with the talent and time to do this. Budget is for 3 months full time work at the average north american wage for a programmer, we're not cheap.

UndrgroundRider
10-11-2013, 04:00 PM
I'll throw my name in the hat. I've done freelance dev work for 13 years. Check your PMs.

locust
10-17-2013, 01:36 AM
I usually go to boot camp weekends or startup weekends and you'll meet really innovative developers.
I've hired a few through that.