PDA

View Full Version : P.Eng Application

Confusion
10-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone, I am filling out the P.Eng application work experience records and have some questions regarding how it connects to the reference questionnaire and what the best way about filling it out might be. Here is the scenario I am in:

One employer for 4 years. Within the 4 years, reference will be provided by several engineers for different time periods and work experience.

Time periods referenced will have overlap (i.e. two engineers may be referencing similar time periods offset by a few months).

Work experience referenced will vary amongst the engineers.

I thought about breaking up my work summary/detail per reference (i.e. 4 references = 4 work summary/details). But then I got confused about the months claimed portion. If two engineers are referencing the same time period, there is no way I can claim that time period twice.

The other way to do it is have one big work summary/detail. Then when the engineers fill out the questionnaire, they can list the time period they are referencing. But then the issue becomes they are only referencing portions of the work experience listed in the one big work summary/detail. How do they differentiate that?

Has anyone here gone through a similar situation? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

ExtraSlow
10-13-2013, 08:29 PM
You want to have 4 summaries, but you are correct, you cannot have overlapping time. Just gotta decide which supervisor is handling the reference for each time period, and make sure your references know what time period they will be asked about.

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rocket-surgery.jpg