PDA

View Full Version : US Air Force dumps Remains of 274 Troops in Virginia Landfill

thetransporter
10-16-2013, 04:30 PM
US Air Force dumps Remains of 274 Troops in Virginia Landfill

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/08/remains-274-troops-reportedly-dumped-in-virginia-landfill/

LollerBrader
10-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
US Air Force dumps Remains of 274 Troops in Virginia Landfill

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/08/remains-274-troops-reportedly-dumped-in-virginia-landfill/

That's just brilliant. Such stories of miltary abuse of soldiers abound - Even in the Canadian military.

It's surprising people are still signing up.

MGCM
10-17-2013, 09:44 PM
that's disgusting, i hope someone gets the chair for this one, if someone doesn't then we all know one of the victim families will kill the person responsible anyway......

codetrap
10-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Wow.. old story.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/08/us/military-remains-landfill/

Also, it's not like they were dumping body parts. It was ashes. The current practice is to dump them in the ocean. So... really.. what's the big deal here? I'd rather they go into a landfill as fertilizer than polluting the ocean.

sputnik
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Some people put WAY too high a value on a dead body.

7thgenvic
10-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Jesus... WHO CARES!

woodywoodford
10-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Yup, I don't care what happens to my body when I die. And I'm gonna guess that these guys families were given the chance to claim the ashes?

Graham_A_M
10-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

Also, it's not like they were dumping body parts. It was ashes. The current practice is to dump them in the ocean. So... really.. what's the big deal here? I'd rather they go into a landfill as fertilizer than polluting the ocean.

Then it fertilizes the ocean with the bacteria thatll feed on it. Its a win either way.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

No kidding. :nut: Some people are treating this like they were dumping orphans in a landfill, not ashes.

btimbit
10-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Picture on the article just shows a random dump truck dumping something there as well. It's not like the Air Force just had some janitor take out body parts to the dumpster on his way home. Jesus.

Yeah, not the most respectful way to handle it... but not as horrendous as people would make it out to be.

TheHumbleGeek
10-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by woodywoodford

Yup, I don't care what happens to my body when I die. And I'm gonna guess that these guys families were given the chance to claim the ashes?

According to the article, thats what caused all of this common. That the families werent even given the option, weren't even informed it had happened. I think that the families should be at the VERY LEAST, giving the chance to say how they want the body (or pieces) to be handled.

Yes, they are bodies (or pieces thereof), but they were SOLDIERS. They deserve better treatment after death than to end up in a landfill. They gave their lives for their country and the country thanks them by tossing their remains out with the garbage. I think (in this case) americans have every right to be outraged. They deserve the respect of every person who handled their remains.

theken
10-21-2013, 07:24 AM
American soldiers are not respected from their government while they are alive, why would death change anything

Kloubek
10-21-2013, 08:35 AM
I agree that I too don't care what happens to my body when I die. I'm an organ doner and all....

However, I don't want to be disrespected either... in life or in death. To me, this is disrespectful and isn't something a family who lost a loved one needs compounded into their grief.

I mean.... a landfill? Really?

jutes
10-21-2013, 08:46 AM
A landfill or the forest, who gives a shit. People are too fucking sensitive over stupid issues.