PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Keys, Check these out.

jacky4566
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104B.html

Has anyone heard about these? still a new company but its adds the keyless functionality thats all the rage these days.

Add some keyless to your car now!

*note i want someone to buy it before me so i can judge.

shakalaka
10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Similar things have been out for quite some time. I remember cause back in the day when I still have my 350Z, I was contemplating getting something like this. Never went that route though as I read on the forums quite a bit and discovered that there were many issues.

jacky4566
10-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Maybe so, Any new product will have bugs. But this seems like a complete product with a backup system if the long range remote dies you have RFID.

Do you have any links to those older products? Id be curious to compare.

shakalaka
10-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I tried looking them up. As I recall they were called Auto-Innovatio or something at the time (I am talking about 3 years ago). But nothing comes up anymore and the site doesn't work, so I guess they went out of business.

RickDaTuner
10-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't even waste my time with these devices.
The next gen remote start interfaces willmblowmthese systems out of the water, all with the use of your smart phone.

My current alarm/starter combo allows me to unlock, start, monitory my vehicle on my phone from anywhere arround the world.

The next gen systems will be much like the oem interfaces out now, and feature things like fuel level monitoring, remote function control for almost anything inside your car, tire pressure monitoring, basically any information relevant to your car will be available on demand from your phone, including keyless entry, keyless start. you'll basically walk up, get in and drive away without the use of any key or even remote, if you wish to set it up as such.

Given all the different methods of chip keys, and RFID security found on modern cars, it makes installing these systems a real PITB. The install in my vehicle took 10hrs and I had to order a module programmer.
The new systems will pretty much have a 8 wire hook up and be good to go!

Some systems used on Mercs and BMWs are plug and play modules, takes all of 20 mins to install and you then have complete control of your car from your phone.

Automation technology had a really slow start back in the early 2000s, but with today's devices it's a runaway train.

stealth
10-16-2013, 10:39 PM
So basically what they are selling is what is already out there. Just an aftermarket option.

All luxury vehicles have this.

jacky4566
10-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Yes basically.
But I can't afford a new Luxury car.
This kit is only 400$ so the same as a regular remote start with extra features.

CivicDXR
10-17-2013, 03:51 PM
I have an variation of the Advanced Keys system in my car. I'll go into more detail when I get home so gather up more information (brand, etc), but it works great for me. A few very minor annoyances, but livable, and works as it should.