PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here going to see Joe Satriani tonight?

Inzane
10-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I believe tonight's Calgary date is the last leg of the Canadian portion of his 2013 Unstoppable Momentum tour.

I saw him last night in Edmonton at the Jube, and the show was fantastic. Even better than his 2010/2011 Wormholes show.

For this tour Mike Keneally has taken over Galen's guitar parts and let me tell you he is just as accomplished a guitar player as he is a keyboardist, perhaps even more so.

And as a special bonus... I got to meet Satch after the show. I sorta lucked out, happened to be chatting with a guy after the show who had met the tour manager earlier in the evening and somehow got permission to meet up at the bus after the show when the band was going to be leaving. And I was invited to tag along. Got to chat with Joe for a few minutes, shook his hand and he signed my t-shirt. Awesome guy. Very gracious to his fans, total gentleman.

You guys are in for a treat tonight. Enjoy the show! :thumbsup:

PS - I'm happy to provide more details on the setlist etc. if there's any interest.

Lex350
10-17-2013, 12:27 PM
I am unable to attend and bacause of that am in a deep depression. ;)

I'm sure it will be a great show. Would have liked to compare this to the Jeff beck shows I've seen.

btimbit
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Had no idea he was going to be here, too late to change plans but I'd definitely go

Inzane
10-18-2013, 12:06 PM
So... did anyone go?