PDA

View Full Version : my first car and no one wikll answer my question in the modification forum so....

Ford_Taurus
02-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Im 16 and 1/2 but any ways got my white 1992 Ford Taurus LX v6 3.8L 4dr tinted windows, cd player ya , all leather interior power everything, and its stock, well i drove to school and my freinds laughed a bit b/c its like a grnadmas car, and i want to put a big/fatty/rocket like muffler on it like ppl who put them on there civics that make them sound like voooooom, like bigger sounding, b/c it funny where can i get one and is there a certain kind i have to get. oh ya i was going to get hub cap spinners but i have rims not hubs, so that ticked me off but i also need some cheap asss tigh rims, and some street glow would be nice and i dont want to spend over 500$ buty sdont count rims!

nex
02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
can i kick you?
:whocares:

TofuBoi
02-24-2004, 11:05 PM
^ what he said HAHAHA........ i don't think we need another fart can

Ford_Taurus
02-24-2004, 11:08 PM
im serous answer my question taht is why im on this forum!

Ichigo
02-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Leave the kid alone man... He's still learning...

I too thought you were joking... But if you must.... Canadian Tire is the answer for you...

gwkwan
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
hey is ur Taurus have a homemade from house sidin?
cuz i seen one in calgary a few times

Ford_Taurus
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
im live in WA stae in the usa im not drinvin to canada for a fatty muffler any where else will auto zone work!

EK 2.0
02-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by gwkwan
hey is ur Taurus have a homemade from house sidin?
cuz i seen one in calgary a few times

Dude thats a tempo...I have seen that and hes got the edge moulding as a spoiler...

T5_X
Originally posted by Ford_Taurus

This is a car forum for car enthusiasts, not pre-pubescent ricers.

Ford_Taurus
plz answer me! this is not a joke dude come on!

LudeRoca
02-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Yea and a big wooden spoiler would make it look awsome. Oh and then put a stickers on it. One sayin Vtec power. :rolleyes:

gwkwan
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Dude thats a tempo...I have seen that and hes got the edge moulding as a spoiler...

do u know who owns that car
cuz its tight!!!
haha

Ford_Taurus
i dont want to race i want a fatty muffler

Ford_Taurus
02-24-2004, 11:16 PM
i want a fatty muffler

gwkwan
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
Yea and a big wooden spoiler would make it look awsome. Oh and then put a stickers on it. One sayin Vtec power. :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
thats like that white tempo wit home made body kit

Ferio_vti
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Im 16 and 1/2

Wow!! and 1/2 makes you so much more older than those just 16

Originally posted by nex
can i kick you?
:whocares:

I'm next.

I didn't know there was a question in your first post.
Either way, check out Walmart 'automotive' dept. I'm sure the crap they sell will fit your allowance.

AquamosH
02-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Different mufflers will have different sounds, but yeah, Autozone will probably be your best bet. Most likely the cheapest one will also be the loudest. Can't see why you would do that to your Taurus though. :barf:

To each their own I guess, but I'd suggest spending your money towards something else that would actually benefit your car.

carmex
02-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Before you think about investing any money towards your vehicle, I think you should do some research to better familiarize yourself with automobiles, yours in specific. It's easy to ask people what mods they think would be "phat" and "tight", but without basic self knowledge, whats the fun in doing any mods? And also, 500 bones won't get you a whole lot, save up and do some research.

ShOwOfF
02-24-2004, 11:41 PM
whats with all the stupid noob posts today???

GQNammer
02-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH
Different mufflers will have different sounds, but yeah, Autozone will probably be your best bet. Most likely the cheapest one will also be the loudest. Can't see why you would do that to your Taurus though. :barf:

To each their own I guess, but I'd suggest spending your money towards something else that would actually benefit your car.

Yeah, like buying a different car

JAYMEZ
02-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Your not gonna get all that stuff for less than $500. Maybe check canadian tire?

GorG
02-24-2004, 11:56 PM
...big/fatty/rocket like muffler on it like ppl who put them on there civics that make them sound like voooooom, like bigger sounding, .... oh ya i was going to get hub cap spinners but i have rims not hubs, so that ticked me off but i also need some cheap asss tigh rims, and some street glow would be nice and i dont want to spend over 500$ buty sdont count rims!

Alrite this is how to make your Taurus go "vooooom", k first go out to the store, and but a huge can of soup alrite, like i'm not talking about the 300 ml, nah, you gotta "sup dat shet up" get the biggest can you canlik i mean massive, a good liter at the least, now this si the tricky part you gotta cut a hole, keep the soup in, i mean who really gives a shit about it, you can have it if you want, but just dump it if not, well after you've measured your exasted cut another hole on the other end maybe buy another small can of soup so it can look all "hard core" i'll show you a picin a bit, and rap some tin foil so it looks super chrome, and it has that "voooooom" sound. Then for your rims, hmmmm you should get some tinfoil wrap it around nice and good and then make sure its taped.. and then guess what you saved yourself 450 dollars so you can put that to a new and better car. p.s. dont' ask stupid questions, and honostly its a waste of money!!! save your money kid.

Marsh
02-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
:D

pimpdesi
02-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Taurus, vrooom???
WTF <--- enough said!

MM99lude
02-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Dude the reason that nobody is gonna answer you question (if there really is on) is becuase the mods that you are talking about just make you sound like a little ricer... you don't need a "fatty muffler", or underbody glow kit (even though i hear it adds 50 whp), go search some threads, look on the internet and learn about cars first and how they work. If you still wanna go through with all your mentioned mods then fine... its a free country and if thats what you want go for it... but get informed and then start asking more specific and relavent questions.

GorG
02-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Didnt i already answer this, i'm doin it again you just dont listen

^SkylinE^
02-25-2004, 12:22 AM
No let him get the FATTY MUFF and the UNDER GLOW with a big wooden spoiler and some vinyl. He if you prommise to post lots of pics ill tell you where you can get all this!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :poosie:

Superesc
02-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Taurus: stop posting everywhere. One thread about your car is enough.

cappachihngo
02-25-2004, 12:36 AM
hey guys give the american teen a break the last thing we want is Bush on our a$$.. lol

but ya FORD??? a RICER FORD??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

guy i think u need a trip to a local import show and a look at the fact that ppl don't mod TAURUS'....

but if ur serious and by the looks of it u r.. try Canadian Tire.. on the way grab a VTEC sticker too...:rofl:

R-Audi
02-25-2004, 12:43 AM
I will treat you fairly, because I had a 86 Taurus as my first car....but I only had the 4 cylinder, and it was my grandmas car. It was much bigger then my buddies cars, but that only matters if you get some back seat action.:poosie:

As for the Mods:
The first thing you should get done, is get a sticker made that says "CLIT" and put it infront of the Taurus Badge.
Mufflers you can get from most Auto stores, along with whatever ricey accesories you want. It will add sound, but no performance, which I am pretty sure you don't really care about. It sounds like you are doing this as joke, so have fun with it! At least you have a car. Most others have to make fun of you piece of shit, cause they don't have one themselves.:burnout:

Redlyne_mr2
02-25-2004, 12:46 AM
haha this is like some big gang bang and everyones getting a turn

rice_eater
02-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by pimpdesi
Taurus, vrooom???
WTF &lt;--- enough said!

hahaha at least it's better than your ancient accord :rofl:

missblondie
02-25-2004, 12:56 AM
i can't tell if this guy is just goofing around or if he actually wants help:rofl:

sunfirechick
02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
most people that ask questions are serious and do want help

OWNED
02-25-2004, 01:00 AM
If I was driving a taurus... I would have a fun time with it... the only mod I would do would to get a novelty plate that reads:

Cli-taurus

Yea... I would laught mu ass off if I ever saw that

sunfirechick
02-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by OWNED
If I was driving a taurus... I would have a fun time with it... the only mod I would do would to get a novelty plate that reads:

Cli-taurus

Yea... I would laught mu ass off if I ever saw that

that would be funny to see

Superesc
02-25-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by sunfirechick

Yes and people do help and take them seriously if the person posting the question don't sound "uneducated" or post 1 sentence questions with no context.

sunfirechick
02-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

Yes and people do help and take them seriously if the person posting the question don't sound &quot;uneducated&quot; or post 1 sentence questions with no context.

hes only 16 1/2 hes probably just now gettin into cars dude

missblondie
02-25-2004, 01:17 AM

there seem to be a lot of people that visit this forum just to post stupid stuff... this seems like one of them

sunfirechick
02-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by acuraxx

there seem to be a lot of people that visit this forum just to post stupid stuff... this seems like one of them

f**k off dude

missblondie
02-25-2004, 01:25 AM

f**k off dude

i wasn't refering to you, but to the original post.. i was responding to yours...

p.s. i am a girl

sunfirechick
02-25-2004, 01:27 AM

i wasn't refering to you, but to the original post.. i was responding to yours...

p.s. i am a girl

oh well

Redlyne_mr2
02-25-2004, 01:29 AM

Good time to bring this out for a rerun

Superesc
02-25-2004, 01:31 AM

hes only 16 1/2 hes probably just now gettin into cars dude

And?

Ignorance is no excuse. Not saying that he shouldn't post anything, but with regard to this current post if he is a newbie he should've done some searching and researching. I am sure he will get the idea that Neon light and muffler are look down upon by many users here.

There are many domestic tuner on the board and if he was really serious and did his research I am sure many of them would've responded to this thread with the proper help.

GTS Jeff
02-25-2004, 01:38 AM
this is not a joke :rolleyes:

core_upt
02-25-2004, 01:47 AM
This forum is starting to suck because of all the f*cking new people. I've been on here for over a year, not close to as long as some others, and Beyond has gone from a great place to talk about cars and a good source for people to learn about their cars, modified or not. I bought my car from a member on here and have received a lot of help with questions and met some cool people through here.

Now to the point: every f*cking day I'm on here there is some f*cking rookie asking how to modify a Taurus, what the smell in her Sunfire is or posting questions about a Porsche they probably don't even own in the Member's Rides Gallery.

Has there been an advertising campaign started to get illiterate sixteen year olds who can't read where posts should go. Has it become fashionable to ask people for help then tell them to fuck off. Where does it say that people have to help you out, especially when spewing attitude from some ricer wannabe.

It doesn't really matter what car you own, not everyone can afford a Benz or STI or whatever. But for the love of god, use the SEARCH feautre. Look through posts before typing in dumb shit. Don't talk back to people if you are new here. This is a car community and we don't need people fucking it up. I think we should ban people for being dumb - posting in the wrong subject, making shit up to try and impress people or just having a sh*tty attitude (telling AcuraXX to 'F*uck Off"). Or at least not let people post for a week after joining. Just a few suggestions - which arguably should be in the "Suggestion Forum"!!!

Let's make Beyond fun again.

And newbies, STFU, read, post in english, not gangsta talk, and be nice to people when they try to help you out.

Oh, and under no circumstances should you ever mention that you want to have a "fatty exhaust", winshield lights, neon-anything or a spoiler made out of aluminum. That is just dumb and you deserve to be made fun of. It's common sense.

That's it, I'm Out.

R-Audi
02-25-2004, 10:38 AM
If people just answered him serioulsy right off the bat, we wouldn't have this problem.
Yes, people should search, yes it would be great to minimize stupid questions, and Yes there are a bunch of reeeaalllyyy stupid newbs, but at one point we were all a little clueless .

Obviously all of us were cluesless at one point, good taste and knowledge doesn't just happen.

Here is a good suggestion that I have seen in another forum that I frequent. Have a f.a.q for newbs, so the most common questions can be answered without wasting anyones time, and without people attacking them everytime the q is asked.
:closed:

GTS Jeff
02-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
This forum is starting to suck because of all the f*cking new people. I've been on here for over a year, not close to as long as some others, and Beyond has gone from a great place to talk about cars and a good source for people to learn about their cars, modified or not. I bought my car from a member on here and have received a lot of help with questions and met some cool people through here.

Now to the point: every f*cking day I'm on here there is some f*cking rookie asking how to modify a Taurus, what the smell in her Sunfire is or posting questions about a Porsche they probably don't even own in the Member's Rides Gallery.

Has there been an advertising campaign started to get illiterate sixteen year olds who can't read where posts should go. Has it become fashionable to ask people for help then tell them to fuck off. Where does it say that people have to help you out, especially when spewing attitude from some ricer wannabe.

It doesn't really matter what car you own, not everyone can afford a Benz or STI or whatever. But for the love of god, use the SEARCH feautre. Look through posts before typing in dumb shit. Don't talk back to people if you are new here. This is a car community and we don't need people fucking it up. I think we should ban people for being dumb - posting in the wrong subject, making shit up to try and impress people or just having a sh*tty attitude (telling AcuraXX to 'F*uck Off&quot;). Or at least not let people post for a week after joining. Just a few suggestions - which arguably should be in the &quot;Suggestion Forum&quot;!!!

Let's make Beyond fun again.

And newbies, STFU, read, post in english, not gangsta talk, and be nice to people when they try to help you out.

Oh, and under no circumstances should you ever mention that you want to have a &quot;fatty exhaust&quot;, winshield lights, neon-anything or a spoiler made out of aluminum. That is just dumb and you deserve to be made fun of. It's common sense.

That's it, I'm Out. i agree very much, but the people u need to convince are the people in charge. pm the mods/admins about this sort of thing. or maybe post in the suggestions forums.

ZorroAMG
02-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Holy Hell people, chill the fuck out, all of you people bitching about these n00bs coming on here and asking stupid questions without searching need to STFU.

Seriously, think back when YOU were 16, you got your first car and you see cool looking ricer mods and want them, now the frist thing you do is decide what you want and ask 20 people for their opinions and where to buy. Only the fucking chess club/AV people of this world at 16 would go "hmmm I wonder where I should research all this stuff and I wonder if everyone will hate me if I want to rice out my car" Re-fucking-lax, post one damn answer (autozone or pepboys woulda saved this thread from becoming 2 useless pages) and move on. Most people learn from talking to people about cars and seeing things for themselves, not onlyy textbooks or the internet, so for all you people that think you are so fucking smart and better than these n00bs looking to learn, you have no right to tell them how to type, or make ffun of them because of what they don't know or are trying to accomplish. FYI Ebonics is taught at a lot of univeristies in the US, so unfotunately, even if we don't like it, it is still a part of american culture..

FWIW, natural selection usually causes the idiots on here to smarten p or disappear anyway....

Hope all of YOU just learned something and will think before acting like fucks on here....if not, DO A SEARCH

hinggu
02-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Holy Hell people, chill the fuck out, all of you people bitching about these n00bs coming on here and asking stupid questions without searching need to STFU.

Seriously, think back when YOU were 16, you got your first car and you see cool looking ricer mods and want them, now the frist thing you do is decide what you want and ask 20 people for their opinions and where to buy. Only the fucking chess club/AV people of this world at 16 would go &quot;hmmm I wonder where I should research all this stuff and I wonder if everyone will hate me if I want to rice out my car&quot; Re-fucking-lax, post one damn answer (autozone or pepboys woulda saved this thread from becoming 2 useless pages) and move on. Most people learn from talking to people about cars and seeing things for themselves, not onlyy textbooks or the internet, so for all you people that think you are so fucking smart and better than these n00bs looking to learn, you have no right to tell them how to type, or make ffun of them because of what they don't know or are trying to accomplish.

Hope all of YOU just learned something and will think before acting like fucks on here....if not, DO A SEARCH

I agree. Another reason beyond is starting to slip is that lots of members start flaming on everything. I mean, relax. The guy is 16. It takes time to learn.

SPEC_CELICA
02-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by carmex
Before you think about investing any money towards your vehicle, I think you should do some research to better familiarize yourself with automobiles, yours in specific. It's easy to ask people what mods they think would be &quot;phat&quot; and &quot;tight&quot;, but without basic self knowledge, whats the fun in doing any mods? And also, 500 bones won't get you a whole lot, save up and do some research.

Learn young grasshopper....

GTS Jeff
02-25-2004, 07:18 PM
ITS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE!!!

pimpdesi
02-25-2004, 07:29 PM
why dont you just save your money and get some hubcaps painted chrome! haha you idiot dont modify a car if you dont know what the fuck your doing

R-Audi
02-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by pimpdesi
why dont you just save your money and get some hubcaps painted chrome! haha you idiot dont modify a car if you dont know what the fuck your doing

gwkwan
02-25-2004, 08:14 PM
:rofl: :rofl: thats the best pic i ever seen

TofuBoi
02-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Guys guys guys......... u are all telling him the wrong place to go....... he lives in the states..... therefore NO CANADIAN TIRE!!!!! hahaha:angel:

D'z Nutz
02-25-2004, 08:34 PM
There's just been too much flaming going on lately, particularily from many of the new comers who think they are comedians.

If you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't say it. This is just one example of many threads that demonstrate this. If the thread sounds like it's coming from a troll, then IGNORE IT.

I think it's time the us mod's to have to start cleaning up house and start a banning spree.