PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Transformation

DeathBy240
02-24-2004, 11:38 PM
I dont know if anyone saw this on SpeedVision, but they took an 89 240 coupe and did an SR swap, Silvia front end conversion, widebody kit, r32 brakes, coilovers, rims, carbon fibre hood and a big aluminum/carbon fibre wing. Anyway they didnt talk about the brakes, the FMIC, the exhaust, OR THE SWAP!!! All they talked about was how it was gonna be an awesome drift car, and they didnt even show it driving afterwards! They talked about the widbody kit fitment for like 15 mins, what a waste of time. I would much rather hear about the performance upgrades more than how they had to sand and make brackets to make it fit. They didnt even mention they did a Silvia front end convo, it just happened. I taped it, so if anyone wants to laugh at these retards talk about their "drift car" that is never even seen running, you can borrow it. I want the 30 minutes of my life back!!

Hash_man
02-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Hahaha I saw that, and totally agree... the guys were tools too.

"it doesnt matter whats under the hood, its all about the BLANG BLANG!" -Jonny B

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: OK... TOOL! :whocares: :guns:

dj_honda
02-25-2004, 12:00 AM
the show was retarded but the guy doing the fenders was good and he explained it really well...about the only good thing on the show, and about the only thing they went into detail about...but i dont get it, i missed the first part of the show, did they do it for free or what?

Hash_man
02-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Yes, they went to the guy, and did it all for free.

calgarys13
02-25-2004, 12:09 AM
i wish they didn't get into all the technical jargin.."a large intercooler that keeps the engine cold":rofl: :rofl:

DeathBy240
02-25-2004, 12:33 AM
I have a suspicion that the car didnt even run, hence it didnt move out of the shop.

Autodream
02-25-2004, 12:43 AM
The car actualy runs well. he bough some part from us at auto dream, the guy's name is Mike he work for PAS mag. I post some pics when I go to work tomorrow.

Akagi Redsuns
02-25-2004, 01:30 AM
You want a good laugh? Should have seen it last week when they "tuned" a 2004 Mazda RX-8. New rims, flame decals on the side and a 30 shop wet Nitrous kit...thats it. Woohoo! They were arguing about stupid crap like on American Chopper. What a total waste of time.

After seeing that sad excuse for a show, I didn't even want to see what the next one was about....but if it's this Silvia, there may be hope for the show yet.

DeathBy240
02-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Yes, but unlike AC, this shows actors are horrible, totally fake drama, they act worse than the guys in F&F. I was surprised how much work "they" did to the car tho, compared to the vinyl they added to the rx-8.

Autodream
02-25-2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.pbase.com/pasboy/project_s13

there the link

LudeRoca
02-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah those guys are a bunch of retards. The acting was crap, and the worst part is they handed him the keys and didnt even show him drive it.

cappachihngo
02-26-2004, 01:11 AM
man i wish i hadn't missed this...:(

rice_eater
02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
"Now's your chance to fame and glory"
www.tunertransformation.com

sad, sad website:(

Chim
02-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
You want a good laugh? Should have seen it last week when they "tuned" a 2004 Mazda RX-8. New rims, flame decals on the side and a 30 shop wet Nitrous kit...thats it. Woohoo! They were arguing about stupid crap like on American Chopper. What a total waste of time.

After seeing that sad excuse for a show, I didn't even want to see what the next one was about....but if it's this Silvia, there may be hope for the show yet.

Haha that show was funny.
"WE NEED THE NOS FOR SURE!~!~!!"
Then they proceed to install an NX nitrous kit.....

The show before it was very good though. They test drove an STI, did practical mods to an RSX, and the old guy in the show hates ricers. Woohoo!

Leprechn
03-03-2004, 11:08 PM
does anyone know where they got the silvia conversion and wide body kit? I'm looking for the same ones

cheers!

-A

hjr
03-04-2004, 01:13 AM
fuck man, i saw the new one with the GTi. It was weak weak weak. nice power increace and the did kinda talk about it. But last week was like crazy shiznaz into that 240 'drift' car. Like nuts body kit, cool engine swap and full suspension and such, then comes the GTi and an ECU reprogram, a set of wheels, and a stripe down the side. WTF??? i really hate this show. Why would they go hardcore on 1 car then punk out on the other???

Hash_man
03-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Ya, i just saw that GTi episode too... that was saaaad :rolleyes: .

Akagi Redsuns
03-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Too bad mods on the 240SX is not going to be the regular focus of the show. Instead it's lame mods like the RX-8 and GTi episode. Bleh! :thumbsdow

sleeper
03-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Thank god I thought I was the only one who thought this about that show. Those guys are really a bunch of geeks. No really. Yes in the end the sylvia was nice but there was no explanation for nothing except the kit. And as for trhe rx8 episode was even worse. The only reason I watch and im sure others the same is because we love cars. But After 2 episodes with these losers I dont think I'll watch the next. And all those fake arguments they have so stupid. Just a bunch or geeks :thumbsdow

MM99lude
03-04-2004, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't let those guys anywhere near my car... i would probably get it back with 18'' chrome rims a huge dragon decel or some shit and washer LED's:rofl: :thumbsdow:... then i would just take the shit they put on, sell it and get some better shit!

maximus
03-04-2004, 02:36 PM
That was the first time I saw that show......and the last. What a waste of 30mins. The guys are the biggest losers. I heard that its a canadain production, that may explain a lot of things.

switch
03-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Just watched the GTI episode the other night, that was the first and last time I will be watching that show.

The long-haired dude is so annoying I wanted to kick in my TV screen.

Moe Man
03-04-2004, 10:13 PM
i saw the GTI one too and that is just sad man......they thing that intake is so special.........and the worst part was the owner thinks he has a viper now :rofl:

Ferio_vti
03-04-2004, 10:21 PM
I saw another show like that on TLC or something, hosted by 2 eminem look-a-likes. All they did was throw around words T3 turbo, Brembo, carbon-fibre, etc. It was scripted worse than F&F.

Akagi Redsuns
03-04-2004, 10:23 PM
You must be talking about SuperTuner TV.

hjr
03-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
You must be talking about SuperTuner TV. supertuner is a good show. those guys look like dorks and talk like dorks but they know their shit. I saw a supra build up on that show. it was wicked. Right from the block up. They explained everything they were doing and why. (from what pistons and why to setting the timing on the cams and why they put them where). it was a good show.

rage2
03-04-2004, 11:23 PM
There's a show on MTV called Pimp My Ride now, they take a beat ass car/truck and ship it to West Coast customs (where they do 50 cent, ludacris and other celeb's and sports ppl's cars), and pimp it out. Today's episode they took a $400 Dhatsu, and put in $20k usd worth of parts. 15" LCD screens, couch, 17" wheels, custom paint. Crazy stuff man.

It looked funny having a $400 shitbox sitting beside the Ferrari Enzo with the custom wheels :eek:

sleeper
03-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Ya SuperTuner TV was a great show. 100% better then tuner transformation.

Leprechn
03-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Leprechn
does anyone know where they got the silvia conversion and wide body kit? I'm looking for the same ones

cheers!

-A

I guess not...