PDA

View Full Version : Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria - 40% Off deal on Groupon

GDCivicSi
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Groupon (http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-4136769-10872943?url=http%3A//www.groupon.com/deals/famoso-neapolitan-pizzeria-10) is featuring a delicious deal to Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria today. The deal only costs $25 for One Appetizer, One Regular Pizza, and One Seasonal Pizza (Up to $41.50 Value)! That's a savings of 40% off! There's a limit of 1 per person.

The vouchers are valid at all 5 Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria locations in and around Calgary (4th Street, McKenzie Towne, Country Hills, Jasper National Park, and Red Deer). If you have never been before, I highly recommend the restaurant. The place is delicious and seems to be always busy. It also has very good reviews on Urbandspoon.

The deal is going to be a very hot seller. Groupon (http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-4136769-10872943?url=http%3A//www.groupon.com/deals/famoso-neapolitan-pizzeria-10) has already sold over 1,000+ vouchers. This is a limited time-offer. Quantities are limited so don’t miss out!

Click here (http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-4136769-10872943?url=http%3A//www.groupon.com/deals/famoso-neapolitan-pizzeria-10) to buy the deal on Groupon now or for more details.

Click here (http://www.calgarydealsblog.com/) to visit CalgaryDealsBlog.com for more deals in Calgary.

r3ccOs
10-21-2013, 02:13 PM
not to troll, but I'm not sure why this is popular pizza... its far from a great pizza or a dining experience

Disoblige
10-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I agree, and this Groupon is going to make it worse.
Most people I know find it meh.

I hate sogginess, and this place serves soggy pizza more often than not.

BigShow
10-21-2013, 02:40 PM
^^ :werd:

Xtrema
10-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't mind the dough or sogginess. It seems much less greasy than other fast food joints.

But I just don't get the order up front set up. Seem so inefficient.

Dren
10-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I don't mind the dough or sogginess. It seems much less greasy than other fast food joints.

Agree with the order up front setup. The waiter comes to the table for drinks anyways.

I think it is a bit too soggy tho.

Isaiah
10-21-2013, 02:51 PM
The soggy crust is characteristic of Neapolitan style pizza. Pulcinellla prepares them the same way. I'm not a fan of it either but they are keeping it traditional since they are a Neapolitan pizzeria.

Hallowed_point
10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
not to troll, but I'm not sure why this is popular pizza... its far from a great pizza or a dining experience

I agree..:thumbsdow

BigShow
10-21-2013, 07:18 PM
I would say far from authentic...but it's what we get in Calgary.

ercchry
10-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
The soggy crust is characteristic of Neapolitan style pizza. Pulcinellla prepares them the same way. I'm not a fan of it either but they are keeping it traditional since they are a Neapolitan pizzeria.

NO it is not... both of those places are fucking horrible. try out una, double zero or without papers

dirtsniffer
10-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I've been to all three of those places. But I live way in the filthy south and when I'm home I find Famoso a decent alternative. The prosciutto arugula pizza is usually pretty good, and I can say for sure the crust has never been soggy for that pizza at the mckenzie town location.

Also their tomato soup is awesome.

Me and the GF both bought one. Also Una is a gong show 95% of the time.

flipstah
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM

I thought I was the only one! It was so weird when I asked for iced tea, the server informed me to head to the front. I went 'why?' :rofl:

Xtrema
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

I thought I was the only one! It was so weird when I asked for iced tea, the server informed me to head to the front. I went 'why?' :rofl:

I don't think that reduces head count and if I have to leave my seat to order coffee or dessert, I am less likely to have either.

7thgenvic
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
My brother had food poisoning from the McKenzie location this weekend. I'm staying FARRRR away from this one!

flipstah
10-21-2013, 09:03 PM

I don't think that reduces head count and if I have to leave my seat to order coffee or dessert, I am less likely to have either.

Exactly. I came to a restaurant to be served.

If I wanted to get my own food, I'd go to a buffet or cook at my house. :drool:

Neil4Speed
10-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I really liked Famouso when I went. Found it to be comparable with Puchinella, WP, and UNA, but better priced and more toppings.

sabad66
10-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Hmm thanks for the heads up about this place having the soggy style pizza. Can't fucking stand that crap.

Too bad this wasn't for double zero instead :drool:

msommers
10-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

NO it is not... both of those places are fucking horrible. try out una, double zero or without papers

X2. Well Pulcinella was actually quite good when I was there last.

Spicey Calzone from Without Papers is deadly :drool:

Cooked Rice
10-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Went to the Country Hills one last night, and I agree, it's soggy, so soggy I couldn't cut through it with a knife. Had 2 people with me as well, and theirs had burnt crust bubbles everywhere. Go to Without Papers instead if you want legit pizza.

A790
11-14-2013, 04:48 PM
My wife used to work here (for about six months) in the McKenzie Towne location.

I wouldn't eat there again if you paid me.

quick_scar
11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by A790
My wife used to work here (for about six months) in the McKenzie Towne location.

Thanks for the heads up. I went to the Mission location a couple years ago and really liked it. Have a gift cert that I have yet to spend and probably would have gone to McKenzie towne location as it is closer.

Will probably head back to the mission location even though it is further away.

r3ccOs
11-14-2013, 05:12 PM
the owner of McKenzie town is a toolbag

The_Rural_Juror
11-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Manager/Owner of Without Papers is a jerk too. Forgot to deliver one of our pizzas and refused to refund or make a second delivery trip. Hostess confirmed on the phone the pizza was still sitting on the line.

flipstah
11-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Manager/Owner of Without Papers is a jerk too. Forgot to deliver one of our pizzas and refused to refund or make a second delivery trip. Hostess confirmed on the phone the pizza was still sitting on the line.

That makes no business sense whatsoever.

A790
11-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
the owner of McKenzie town is a toolbag
Yes, he is. They pay $11/hr for their kitchen staff (which is $2/hr less than most chain restaurants) and can't figure out why their turnover is so high.

cancer man
11-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by A790

So how do you eat at home..:rofl:
do you have enough to eat at home?

BigShow
11-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

WOP has gone downhill over the past couple months.
The pizza is still good but the service is horrendous.