PDA

View Full Version : Christmas light install. Who?

darthVWader
10-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Way to fat and lazy to be climbing up ladders this year. Any good services that install and sell Christmas lights?

Thanks

ipeefreely
10-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Way to fat and lazy to be climbing up ladders this year. Any good services that install and sell Christmas lights?

Thanks
I haven't used them (I just leave mine up) but... Green Drop (https://www.greendrop.com/residential-services/holiday-lighting-decor) does holiday lighting.

7thgenvic
10-22-2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.assiniboine.com/

These guys are the best!!! And affordable for us lazy people!

darthVWader
10-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks. I'll check them out

Sugarphreak
10-22-2013, 10:22 PM

Kavy
10-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

^^ Define affordable

http://www.assiniboine.com/christmas-light-installation/installation-prices/

Price wize they actually aren't that bad as most houses would be around $200-$250 for a simple install.
-----------------
2 Cents
I had LEDs installed last year and it was the biggest waste of money as about 40% of them burnt out making most of the strands completely useless this year. Cost was $300 as I did all the windows and roof lines. Consider that a total loss as I pulled them all down and did them myself this year. $90 bought me enough clips and lights (traditional bulbs this time) to do the entire house.

The_Penguin
10-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Which brand LEDs?
I've had a few strings of average Nomas for 3 years, dropped off of the ladder more than once, broke one "bulb" part off but it still lights, no issues on any of the strings.

The_Penguin
10-23-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm fat and lazy (lazier than most) too. I'm not cheap, but NFW am I paying $250-300 for someone to install Christmas lights.

mr2mike
10-23-2013, 08:26 AM
I never got this... you want xmas lights, it's not cold out yet. Put some up yourself. For $300. I'll come install the lights for you.

For $300 they should be cleaning your eaves too.

botox
10-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I did mine about a month ago when it was nice and warm. No hanging it in cold weather for me, and they will be left there until they burn out. I hope the bulbs last as I got them cheap at homedepot when they clear them out after the new year.

freshprince1
10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Green Drop sells Christmas light packages you can chose from a catalog. They also set them up, take them down, and store them for you.

Kavy
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by The_Penguin
Which brand LEDs?
I've had a few strings of average Nomas for 3 years, dropped off of the ladder more than once, broke one "bulb" part off but it still lights, no issues on any of the strings.

Nomas on the windows (which weren't as bad) GE's on the eves which were the bad ones.

The combination of the assclowns using indoor only extension cords (didn't discover this till I took them down) and the shit quality LEDs are to blame.

Much happier with the old school lights as I like the soft white much better. Also a burnt out light takes me 5 minutes and $0.40 to replace.

CapnCrunch
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Which brand LEDs?

I've got a few strings that have been up for 5 years straight and they still all work lol. :rofl:

Ntense_SpecV
10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Do you guys leave them up all year long? I've heard how many people think it's soooooo tacky to do so. Personally I think it is, but I have a walkout and I don't even have a ladder tall enough to reach the back or the peak of my front. If I rent a ladder to put them up there is no way I want to rent it again to take them down.

Kavy
10-28-2013, 03:50 PM
^
I leave up the ones on the eves and the ones under the peaks. Those aren't overly noticeable.

I remove the ones on the windows, the porch, entrance, trees and bushes.

If I had icicles or any that dropped down I would fully remove them every year.

The_Penguin
10-28-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm fat and lazy (lazier than most) too. I'm not cheap, but NFW am I paying $250-300 for someone to install Christmas lights.

Well shit. Not a day after posting that Mrs. Penguin informs me that this year (a special Christmas this year) she's arranged for someone to do them this year. Way up where I would never venture even in the summer (high 2 storey with steep slippery pine shakes.)

Hmm maybe my next post should be "there's NO way I'm upgrading to a new Caddilac" :)

darthVWader
10-28-2013, 11:23 PM

Well shit. Not a day after posting that Mrs. Penguin informs me that this year (a special Christmas this year) she's arranged for someone to do them this year. Way up where I would never venture even in the summer (high 2 storey with steep slippery pine shakes.)

Hmm maybe my next post should be "there's NO way I'm upgrading to a new Caddilac" :) :rofl: