PDA

View Full Version : Accord spontaneously rolling down windows

2000Accord
10-25-2013, 10:54 PM
So a couple mornings ago I walked out to my car and all the windows were rolled all the way down...first thing I thought was lousy neighborhood kids. I checked and nothing was missing...nothing had even been touched. I was quite perplexed by this point...thinking who would mess with the car, and risk getting caught for something so silly. So I googled it and discovered that the accords have a feature where you can roll all the windows down with your basic factory remote.

At this point I thought that I must have done this accidentally while having the keys in my pocket. Then the same thing happened to my wife two days later while at work. Having owned the car for five years, and then to have this happen twice in one week is too much for a coincidence...seems like the car is spontaneously rolling down the windows.

Did a bit more searching and found a couple threads (very few). One person had a few things replaced, and their last post was that they had a new fuse box installed and haven't had a problem for a week now...

This is definitely one of the most bizarre things I have seen with any Honda I have owned.

Anyone else have this experience?

idriveabox
10-25-2013, 11:15 PM
What year is the car? 2000? My 09 seemed to do this while I was washing it. Thought I leaned on the remote.

ExtraSlow
10-26-2013, 07:20 AM
On my 2012 Odyssey if I hold down the unlock button on the remote, it rolls the windows down. That's a feature, not a malfunction. Maybe your car has the same feature? Easy to test.

Super handy when you park in full sin and you are walking back to your car. Let's some of the hottest air out.

2000Accord
10-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Yes I am aware of that feature. The problem is that it has rolled down the windows without us pressing the unlock button. Like I said, the first time it happened I thought The unlock buttons got hit while in my pocket...however when it randomly happened two days later at work...that seemed a bit but too much to be a coincidence when it hasn't happened before in the last 5 years.

I should have stated earlier, especially based on my beyond name, the car is a 2005.