Gilerum
10-27-2013, 06:41 PM
For sale is a 2009 Volvo V50 wagon with:

- 2.4i normally aspirated (non-turbo) 5-cylinder engine;
- 5-speed manual transmission;
- FWD;
- no sunroof;
- manually (but fully) adjustable seats;
- contrast-stitched black textile seats (not leather).

This is a basic trim, but there is less to go wrong with the car and it lugs around less weight.

This car has been serviced exclusively at Valentine Volvo since brand new, I have all service records from the in-service date. Fully synthetic oil used since the break-in.

I'm the second owner of this car. The first owner's ownership ended in June 2011 / 45k kms with an accident that resulted in a REBUILT title. The car was hit on the front passenger corner. The passenger air bag was deactivated at that time and did not deploy (no console damage). I have pictures of the damage and the completed repairs with the bumper off. Also have a recent inspection report from Valentine Volvo.

Here is what was replaced:

- plastic bumper;
- the metal crumple zone/buffer behind the bumper;
- hood (aluminium);
- passenger side headlight;
- passenger side quarter panel;

The radiator is still original.

I purchased the car after it was repaired, and the issues I had to address since were as follows:

- power steering pump - noisy, replaced under warranty;
- a crack in an air conditioning hose - replaced under warranty, AC recharged;
- a front wheel alignment.

The only item requiring attention: the spare key/fob chip needs to be programmed.

No other issues to my best knowledge.

Very clean body with no door dings.

The vehicle comes with:

- Dog / cargo compartment guard;
- Cargo compartment cover;
- Model-specific winter tray mats (plus the stock ones);
- Protective cargo floor tray;
- Fresh windshield;
- Fresh oil change;
- New rear brake pads (the front ones are at 7mm);
- A set of winter tires+wheels. They are Japan-made NITTOs on steelies.

All season tires on OEM alloys are currently on the car and have one and a half seasons of use. They are US-made BF Goodrich g-Force (excellent for Alberta climate). Both sets are in 205/55/R16 OEM size with excellent thread.

The mileage over my 3 year / 90k kms ownership period is all highway as I live outside the city of Calgary limits and drive to C-train station on week days. The car is currently at 135600 kms and increasing as it's my daily driver.

It should only require normal wear & tear items (oil, brake pads etc) until the timing belt change at 192k km.

The price is $6500, which reflects the vehicle's REBUILT title. This is a great value for a 6 year old Belgian-built car.

Selling as it's time for a change. All offers in person. Contact by e-mail.

Gilerum
10-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Pic 2

Gilerum
10-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Pic 3

Gilerum
10-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Pic 4

Gilerum
10-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Pic 5

Gilerum
10-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Pic 6

Gilerum
10-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Pic 7 - Here on winter wheels/tires

Gilerum
11-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Price drop - $9800

cidley69
11-26-2013, 06:21 AM
I've heard many insurance companies won't insure rebuilds. Is this true?

brucebanner
11-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by cidley69
I've heard many insurance companies won't insure rebuilds. Is this true?

I've never had an issue before. Vehicles have to pass a very thorough inspection before they will issue a "rebuilt title". A lot of people are scared off of such vehicles but shouldn't be.

Gilerum
11-26-2013, 09:05 PM
@bruceod: Thank you.

I did not have any issues insuring it with full coverage with the first company I called.

Regarding the rebuilt title fright factor, I believe a thorough pre-purchase inspection, understanding the exact extent of the damage and how it was repaired, and accepting that the vehicle will have a limited re-sale are the key.

The upside is, of course, that these make for great deals for the buyer. Especially if the buyer is the 'drive it into the grave' kind of an owner. Unfortunately for me, I'm finding I'm not that type.

Gilerum
09-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Wow, I forgot this ad was still up. A year later - $3K+ price drop to $6500.

cancer man
08-31-2015, 03:36 AM
I tried buying this car for 2 years now.. i don't think you want to sell it.
I tried again and you are now on holidays. Pain and Suffering 4800.00.
And a free bump.

theken
01-03-2016, 06:09 PM

cancer man
08-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Well i 'll try again since the add is still up and do you still have the car?

Gilerum
08-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Sorry about the slow response - I don't visit the site often. Yes, still drive it. 158k on the odo now.