PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

2.2vtec
10-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Season kicks off tonight!

Bulls vs Heat looks exciting. This season looks exciting to watch with all the moves that have happened in the off season

[GaGe]
10-29-2013, 03:58 PM
D. Rose has looked great so far, hope the Bulls can take down the Heat!

flipstah
10-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Calling it now:

Bulls vs. Clippers or Thunder for the Championship.

Disoblige
10-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Calling it now:
Bulls vs. Clippers or Thunder for the Championship.
Bet?

Edit: Going to discuss any bet talk in PM or Gambling thread in Ask Leo. Not going to spam this thread up with bet talk.

2.2vtec
10-29-2013, 04:04 PM
If Bulls can stay healthy (Noah and Rose) I say Bulls in the finals

brucebanner
10-29-2013, 04:07 PM
So pumped up for this season, lots of moves during the offseason, so many stories to follow!

flipstah
10-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Bet?

Expand.

2.2vtec
10-29-2013, 04:19 PM
I'll be in on a bet on Heat not making it to the NBA finals

flipstah
10-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Ugh.

flipstah
10-29-2013, 08:04 PM
That one pass by LeBron in the end of 3rd just undressed everyone lol.

Teknix
10-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Damn, I put my money down on the clippers tonight but the Lakers bench was looking real good tonight!..

And Drose wasnt doing too bad but the team just needs to come together. Mid-End season is going to be great this year.

Thunder is my team so I'd like to see Chicago .vs. OKC thunder in the finals!

flipstah
10-30-2013, 08:36 AM
This was the same Bulls that kicked ass in preseason? :nut:

First day jitters (I hope).

GenerationX
10-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Boozer played amazing, had him on my fantasy too :D

sexualbanana
10-31-2013, 09:54 AM
Golden State is hilarious to watch when they're on fire like they were last night.

2.2vtec
11-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Carter Williams is on fire. If he plays like this all season he'll get Rookie of Year no problem.

I thought Philly was planning on tanking this season??

GAMBLE
11-04-2013, 10:41 AM
lakers vs heat

heat3pt

JVR1
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM
philly just isn't as good at tanking their season like everyone else... it's a work in progress. :rofl:

Barkley was on letterman last week saying that lots of teams are trying to do the same thing.

flipstah
11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Toronto is decent for once. Go, Gay, go!

Manhattan
11-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Feels like it's gonna be one of those weird and wildly unpredictable seasons. So many terrible (on purpose) teams and up and comers like Houston, Brooklyn, and Minnesota. It's no fun when you have multiple 60 win teams at the top. Any team can beat another on any given night which is the way it should be. Should make for a really interesting regular season.

On a side note - it's gonna be the most anticipated draft lottery and draft since Lebron came out. Maybe the most anticipated draft class ever. Lebron, Melo, and Darko were the only prized draft picks in '03. Wade and Bosh weren't considered superstars coming out of college at the time.

Manhattan
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Awesome last second shot to beat Houston last night. D12 is the worst superstar in the league. I thought Houston might be legit contenders til seeing them in action.

sexualbanana
11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Awesome last second shot to beat Houston last night. D12 is the worst superstar in the league. I thought Houston might be legit contenders til seeing them in action.

Until I see otherwise, James Harden will be called James Haren because he has no D.

Horrific against the Clippers, and not good against the Lakers either.

ajooo
11-11-2013, 11:38 AM
sad news for Nash... everything coming out of the Lakers seems like it might be the end for him.

Manhattan
11-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Awesome story

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9970496/michael-jordan-sneakers-flu-game-auction-former-utah-jazz-ball-boy

flipstah
11-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ajooo
sad news for Nash... everything coming out of the Lakers seems like it might be the end for him.

I want him to win a Championship so bad! Best player that never won a major title.

sexualbanana
11-17-2013, 12:20 PM
The NBA has drug testing, but does the NBA test player for bionic parts? I think someone needs to check Kobe's achilles for cybernetics.

Teknix
11-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Can't help but feel bad for the Bulls man! Drose out again, this time the right knee!

flipstah
11-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Teknix
Can't help but feel bad for the Bulls man! Drose out again, this time the right knee!

Meanwhile, the Raptors are going well! :banghead:

J.M.
11-24-2013, 04:49 PM
D rose, shitty deal looks like it's gonna be another season off for him..

brucebanner
11-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
D rose, shitty deal looks like it's gonna be another season off for him..

I was reading little blurbs here and there about drose. Apparently they can repair the damage and he could be back in action in as little as a couple weeks. :dunno:

Either way, sucks that he's out again.

Interesting year so far, Nets are last years Lakers, Warriors are great to watch, Trail Blazers are killing it..

flipstah
11-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Get better, DRose!

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic210231_17.gif

Manhattan
11-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Rose is almost surely done for the year. Partial meniscus tear means they could either 'trim' it leading to quicker recovery or fully reattach which means 4-6 month recovery. Even if it's possible just to trim it's supposed to be better to fully reattach for better long term results. Given how safe he was the last time around you can almost guarantee he'll go the safe route again. It's too bad to see maybe the most exciting player in the league go down like this. Really strange to see someone as young and strong as Rose suffer these types of non-contact injuries over and over again.

brucebanner
11-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Drose is shut down for the year.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1864967-derrick-rose-ruled-out-for-remainder-of-season-with-torn-meniscus?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

flipstah
11-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by bruceod
Drose is shut down for the year.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1864967-derrick-rose-ruled-out-for-remainder-of-season-with-torn-meniscus?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

:banghead:

brucebanner
11-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Annnnnnd in other news, even though Kobe hasn't played a game this year but he just signed a 48.5 mil 2 year extension. That'll give him the longest tenure in league history(20 years).

Manhattan
11-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Surprised Kobe didn't take a paycut so LA could chase a big FA next summer. Luxury tax is much tougher to get around. He's hurting himself with this payday if he's looking to win another ring but I suppose LA can afford it.

ajooo
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Surprised Kobe didn't take a paycut so LA could chase a big free agent next summer. Luxury tax is much tougher to get around. He's hurting himself with this payday if he's looking to win another ring but I suppose LA can afford it.

im surprised as well, but i have a feeling their going to eat the luxury tax for the next two years in hopes for a championship.

kobe still took 15mill less than what the max would've been, so they do still have room for 1 max contract next year.

J.M.
11-25-2013, 01:38 PM
How much of that $24 mil/season will Kobe actually take home after taxes?? My guess is around 12-13 mil/season?

Manhattan
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
All LA needs to do now is extend Nash :nut:

JordanEG6
11-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Surprised Kobe didn't take a paycut so LA could chase a big FA next summer. Luxury tax is much tougher to get around. He's hurting himself with this payday if he's looking to win another ring but I suppose LA can afford it.

I'm actually pretty bummed that he took that deal. Fuckin' Kobe dude, you're old, free up some cap space for more key players. Even if LA still has a bit of wiggle room, which I think they do, I don't think it'll be enough to pick some guys up to help them win.

colinxx235
11-26-2013, 01:58 PM
yah, guy is rich as fuck. surprise he would trim down to 15/year or something in order to sway melo or someone to team up over there.

Oh well :dunno:

NBA is pretty much dead to me this year, Love D.Rose, rep his jersey all the time. Was so pumped for his return and then this happens. :cry:

4doorj
11-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Feel bad for chicago fans.

Go raptors!

beyond_ban
11-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Ya awful for D Rose and the Bulls...

On a side note, how about the fly under the radar spurs? Uncanny ... Not a single player on their team is averaging over 30 min/game.

4doorj
11-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Spurs are awesome. Sooo crazy how they always fly under the radar with such a awesome record. Always talking about pacers/heat/okc and yet spurs never talked about with 1 loss.

Manhattan
11-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Hilarious finish between 2 terrible coaches last night. Nets blow a huge 4Q lead and gets bailed out by a bonehead Raptors play at the end. Kidd's reaction to finally winning a game say it all. :rofl:

myzjNtU8PCY

flipstah
11-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Hilarious finish between 2 terrible coaches last night. Nets blow a huge 4Q lead and gets bailed out by a bonehead Raptors play at the end. Kidd's reaction to finally winning a game say it all. :rofl:

myzjNtU8PCY

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

flipstah
11-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Anybody familiar with NCAA rules? I don't get this.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/thunder-fan-who-sank-promo-shot-may-lose-money/

Manhattan
11-28-2013, 12:01 AM
It just keeps getting better.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10048774/jason-kidd-brooklyn-nets-denies-intentionally-dropping-cup-sidelines

Adachi
11-30-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8oizruFbTU

flipstah
11-30-2013, 01:44 PM
That was a sick game!

sexualbanana
11-30-2013, 03:50 PM
It just keeps getting better.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10048774/jason-kidd-brooklyn-nets-denies-intentionally-dropping-cup-sidelines

Basically, NCAA eligibility rules dictate that a player cannot make any income as a result of their skills or their participation in college athletics. Hence, since he plays basketball for Southwestern, the NCAA is arguing that the prize money he earned from hitting the shot is the direct result of his participation in the NCAA, and thus he is paying paid to "play" basketball and is now considered a professional basketball player.

It's an incredibly thin argument, but the NCAA has managed to enforce eligibility rulings on even shakier ground. For example, Jeremy Bloom was an accomplished skier who also played receiver and special teams for the University of Colorado. The NCAA ruled that the endorsement money he earned as a skier changes his status to a professional athlete and deemed him ineligible to play football for Colorado in his last 2 years of school.

LongCity
11-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Didn't read the article posted but I believe they are trying to get that money in a form of scholarships now. Not sure how that's going.

And yes, go Spurs as usual! There's nothing they can do that will get them more recognition, whether it be winning a championship or taking the current champs to game 7. I'm fine with it - tired of enlightening people about them. I guess winning is boring?

brucebanner
12-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Raptors got rid of Gay yesterday..

To the Raptors:
Greivis Vasquez
Patrick Patterson
Chuck Hayes
John Salmons

To the Kings:
Rudy Gay
Aaron Gray
Quincy Acy

Personally I like the trade, it'll give Ross more of an opportunity to show he can play, J.C should get some proper touches in the post and be able to develop. Demar has pretty much been the #1 for Toronto and now he has to continue to play like it. Hopefully their offense is able to keep moving now that the ball stopper is gone.

Also, the Raptors are 1-0 without Gay now since they beat the Lakers in Kobe's return!

It's great to see Kobe back, I'm curious how he's going to play after the injury.

J.M.
12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Raptors dumped Gay's massive contract

Teknix
12-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Where did this Lillard kid come from! God damn he is good!

Just came out of no where and is carry Portland to one of the best records in the NBA right now. I'm afraid he is going to hold back my OKC thunder from the finals this year :cry:

sexualbanana
12-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Teknix
Where did this Lillard kid come from! God damn he is good!

Just came out of no where and is carry Portland to one of the best records in the NBA right now. I'm afraid he is going to hold back my OKC thunder from the finals this year :cry:

I wouldn't say nowhere, but he was ROY last year after playing all 4 years at Weber State, a small div 1 school.

He's my prime example against one-and-done college players

colinxx235
12-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Lol yah... if you just heard of lillard this year, you clearly don't watch or follow basketball very much. As he killed it last year, if the west wasn't so stupidly stacked at the guard position he would have had a great shot at making the all star team, as it was he still wasn't very far out...

J.M.
01-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Raptors doing great since trading Rudy Gay

Looks like Bynum is done in Cleveland lol

brucebanner
01-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Lillard is sick, playing better than last year too. His D isn't anything to write home about but definitely improved.

Raptors are playing great team ball since the Gay trade. Lowery has been tearing it up. Certainly the leader on the floor. Big W over Indy on New Year's Day, the Wiz last night and curious to see how they play the Heat tomorrow, not to mention Indy again, in Indy none the less.

So many star injuries this year though, CP3 is expected out 5 weeks after last night, it'll be interesting to see if LAC(Blake) can keep the wins coming.

4doorj
01-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Raptors! Finally!!!!
I'm loving it. Loss against heat yesterday, but was close the whole game.
Should be a crazy game against pacers on tuesday.

At first I was depressed when they traded Rudy Gay away. Good thing I was wrong haha

2.2vtec
01-06-2014, 08:37 AM
I was glad they traded Rudy Gay away. He's not the right franchise player for Toronto and his contract sucked.

I hope the Raptors will make the playoffs this season and somehow end up with Wiggins through a trade of some sort.

I wonder will Bynum will end up....

brucebanner
01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I agree with you about Rudy, volume shooter and not effective.. Not to mention a player option for 19M next hear. That's what Durrant will be making, LeBron is being paid 20M if I'm not mistaken. Gay isn't anywhere near those guys in regards to talent.

Lots of talk about a Gasol - Bynum trade but apparently the Lakers won't do it straight up. They want a pick/young asset(Dion Waiters). I believe if the Cavs don't trade him today, they'll either have to waive him today or guarantee the rest of his contract and I doubt they're going to do that. Bynum only wants to play for another contender, so I would imagine someone would pick him off waivers for the vet minimum.

I'm also curious what's going to happen with the Kicks. Realistically, they should blow up the roster. Trade Melo/Chandler and get maximum value for them. Melo has already said he's going to opt out and test FA this summer, with the chance of losing him altogether, I think they should put themselves in a better position than that.

Apparently Luol Deng won't make the trade deadline in the Windy City either.

Should get interesting closer to the trade deadline(Feb 20th).

2.2vtec
01-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Would be nice to have Carmelo and Chandler in a Lakers uniform and Gasol somewhere else.

Lakers would be stacked next year

sexualbanana
01-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I hope the Raptors will make the playoffs this season and somehow end up with Wiggins through a trade of some sort.

They likely will given how bad the Atlantic East is, but they won't be able to get Wiggins at the same time. No one is givin up a lottery pick unless they're getting an established franchise player in return, which no one is willing to give up.

It's a weird spot Ujiri is in because there are a lot of teams tanking this year, so there's even less of a guarantee than in previous years that tanking will result in a good lottery pick. It looked like the Raptors were heading that way with the Gay trade, and then shopping Lowry around.

The question for Ujiri is going to be what happens when next season comes around? Are they good enough to be a legitimate contender? Or, are they an average team in a below-average league in a terrible division?

brucebanner
01-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Well Bynum is done with the Cavs. Bynum plus 1st round pick(via Kings) & 2 2nd round picks to Chicago for Luol Deng.

I like this trade for the Cavs besides giving up the 1st round pick. Deng will be a very welcomed addition, curious if they'll be able to extend his contract before the year is out or if he'll go test the FA market.

As far as Toronto goes, I don't think Ujiri will blow the roster up more than he has. He's a talented GM, he was getting rid of terrible contracts and got back value for them. I don't think the Raptors are good enough to contend but they're obviously working well as a team now. I want to see what they can do with this roster for the rest of the year.

JV is promising
I've always liked Amir
DD is playing well and always improving
Ross has only been improving since Gay has been traded.
Lowery has been a monster.

Bench has been performing well also.

Lowery is a question mark right now though, they either have to sign him by the trade deadline or trade him so they don't lose him for nothing.

2.2vtec
01-07-2014, 08:51 AM
I dont think its a "good" trade for the Cavs but its probably the best one they could have got for Bynum. I doubt Deng will want to stay with the Cavs (going from a contender to a rebuilding team might be too tough for him to do), I think he tests free agency to get more money. Keep in mind Deng also rejected a 30 million 3 year deal from the Bulls before being traded.

I think the deal benefits the Bulls more as they get those draft picks for someone who most likely would have walked. The Bulls need another superstar type of player to be along side Rose for next year to compete.

Manhattan
01-07-2014, 10:00 AM
It's a 'meh' trade for fans. Bulls and Cavs are 2 teams going absolutely nowhere. Bulls are trying to tank and Cavs are terrible with or without Deng.

I was hoping LA dumps Gasol and go into full tanking mode and end up with a top 5 draft pick similar to how Spurs were terrible for a year and drafted Duncan.

colinxx235
01-07-2014, 10:00 AM
^

3 for 30 is also pretty low for how good Deng is. I'm a Bulls fan and was sad to see him go. Really liked him as a player and off court person. Very talented, unfortunately with Rose being hurt and no FA moves the last two years to compete with the like of Heat/Pacers/Thunder, plus add in the play of Gibson/Butler it made sense for the bulls to get value and hope that next year Rose comes back healthy and can draft well + snag a good FA.

I am curious to see how Deng fits into the Cavs system, he will obviously be a huge increase on defense. As for offense, can only hope his leadership rubs off on some of the younger players.

sexualbanana
01-07-2014, 10:24 AM
It's a 'meh' trade for fans. Bulls and Cavs are 2 teams going absolutely nowhere. Bulls are trying to tank and Cavs are terrible with or without Deng.

Don't think they're necessarily trying to tank, they're just not good. They're a defensive-minded team that lost all its offensive ability when Rose went out. I'd believe they're tanking if they unload any more core players, but ultimately I think they're just trying to hold the team together as long as possible for Rose's return. They've lost 2 years of Rose's prime years that they're trying keep that rapidly closing window open given the success they had in the past with that lineup

sexualbanana
01-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Pretty nice 3-way trade between the Heat, Warriors, and Celtics today.

Heat get to dump Anthony's contract and save a buttload of luxury tax money.
Warriors get an upgrade on the bench
Celtics get some potentially strong draft picks, including a heavily protected first round pick

brucebanner
01-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Watching sooooo much basketball on days off.:drool:

KD has been an absolute MONSTER lately. Melo scoring 62 to set the new record in the garden.

T Ross tying VC's record for the Raps, can't believe he missed that last FT but he was lights out all night anyways. That game was phenomenal to watch, no D but so entertaining.

Heat are blowing out the Spurs right now. Love seeing Oden play, I hope he can continue to add playing minutes and stay healthy.

NBA Sunday. :bigpimp:

eiysa101
02-06-2014, 03:46 PM
In regards to reports of Paul George getting a stripper pregnant - from Reddit

1.PG, my man, how you get a stripper pregnant - Come on son, that's some day one shit. Strippers are walking thirst traps for an NBA player like you; especially them south florida joints (AND you got a joint from Tootsie's: you couldn't spring for a KOD girl? Smh you ain't ballin PG nigga you broke). A lot of strippers prostitute on the side, that's nothing new. But just because she's a professional doesn't mean that you can now put your guard down. She was a prostitute allllll the way up until the point where you decided you wanted to go raw, and right in that moment she switched professions from stripper to professional baby mama. Now she on instagram straight stuntin on you my dude. Postin baby bumps, baby shower pictures, just fuckin with you at this point. I feel for you my nigga, I really do. But you fucked up, hard, and now you gotta pay the consequences.

2.If you get the side chick pregnant, no amount of money up front is going to make her abort it - Apparently PG offered shorty a millie up front to drop that thun dun dun and get an abortion. That's an act of desperation; you know you're fucked. She's not stupid, she can do math, a million today ain't nothin like 25% of your income for the next two decades. She know you just signed that $90 million extension, believe that. If you was a D-Leaguer maybe you'd have more leverage. Unless you bout to throw this bitch down a flight of stairs (which I would highly suggest against), that baby is coming. AND its gonna be ugly. Good looks skip a generation oooo you mad

3.Not only did you cheat on your girl, your girl was DOC RIVERS' DAUGHTER - Now this is where the story crosses into “bruh” territory. First of all, Doc Rivers' daughter bad as shit. She a keeper son; she come from good people, she getting her education, she don't be out here in these streets, she a good girl. That's probably why you went and got some skripper. Young boy, the fuck wrong with you. When you got a good girl you don't do shit like that. Good girls don't come by NBA players often; 9 outta 10 you getting some money hungry thots on your D all the time and the one halfway decent keeper you fuck around and get some other bitch pregnant. And I HIGHLY doubt she gonna stick around, cause she bad as shit and some other nigga like Lance Stephenson gonna come and be that shoulder to cry on and evolve into the rebound, so you mad AGAIN. And now you done really fucked up cause Doc Rivers gonna beat your ass too. That next Pacers/Clippers game gonna be hilarious. Doc gonna let his whole bench foul out just whoopin yo ass son, you done fucked up. Everybody gonna whoop yo ass, Blake Griffin gonna whoop yo ass, Deandre gonna whoop yo ass, hell even JJ Reddick might get in a cheap shot or two.

You shaqtin-a-fool for this one PG. I know you young and you probably didn't know it was like this out here in these streets, but now you've learned the hard way. You woulda thought you would of learned from D-Wade, and from Dwight, and from alllllllllll these dudes get caught up. But no. The power of the pussy was too strong, and now you gonna have to pay for that shit. Ain't no pussy worth that much money kids, I don't care if its diamond encrusted and does Paul Wall's verse in “Still Tippin” in queefs. Not worth it kid, you dun goofed.

Keep it in ya pants.

JVR1
02-06-2014, 03:53 PM
"you shaqtin'-a-fool for this one PG"

:rofl:

i love shaqtin-a-fool.. though it's not the same with out JaVale MCGEE!!!

brucebanner
02-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Dunk contest line up:

Terrence Ross
Paul George
John Wall
Damian Lillard
Harrison Barnes
Ben McLemore

Would of liked to see some different guys in but not a bad field overall.

4doorj
02-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Nice. John wall is a crazy dunker.

2.2vtec
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Can't wait for next year when its in Toronto, going for sure!

chathamf
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
How about those Raps? Looking pretty legit. Obviously would get grinded out in a 7 game series with Miami or Indiana, but I can see them winning a round or two.

tomt64
02-06-2014, 10:05 PM
http://youtu.be/CZqGV-kxjU0

J.M.
02-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by chathamf
How about those Raps? Looking pretty legit. Obviously would get grinded out in a 7 game series with Miami or Indiana, but I can see them winning a round or two.

Looking pretty solid since the Rudy trade. Lowry should have been part of the all star roster.

flipstah
02-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Lol Toronto/Clippers game is hilarious.

I can smell a fight!

flipstah
02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Holy fuck, from 20 to 9 pt spread!

Teknix
02-16-2014, 09:11 AM
So who tuned into the Allstar saturday night?

I liked the whole idea of East vs West this year..... until it came to the dunk competition. I hated the format of the dunk contest this year compared to other years. It brought down the hype by so much.

Previous years they had the whole court to work with and had three dunks each with 1 minute of time to complete it. This year they only dunked one time each and only had half the court! Seemed pretty lame.
But still a sick dunk from John Wall to win it!!

Edit: And West for the win tonight fellas!

4doorj
02-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Yeah didnt like the format for it. Not enough dunking. Awesome dunk by wall. Knew he was going to win it.

brucebanner
02-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Enjoyed everything until the dunk contest. The freestyle wasn't a great idea, you didn't have the chance to actually appreciate their dunks because the team was throwing something else sick right away.

Not enough dunks for a dunk contest IMO.

Also, now that I think about it, didn't like the full rack of money balls for the 3 point contest. That wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing.

4doorj
02-16-2014, 11:56 AM
yeah I agree, the 3 point didn't need fixing.

sexualbanana
02-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Western Conferences strategy: Make Blake jump.

brucebanner
02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Raps interested in Rondo apparently..

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1963977-toronto-raptors-reportedly-interested-in-dealing-for-rajon-rondo

Doubt it would happen, wonder if it's because Lowery wants to test FA and won't resign right now.

Manhattan
02-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Interesting if Kevin Love gets traded to LA. Pretty sure LA would have to give up their lottery pick. Worth it IMO.

Manhattan
02-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Interesting trade deadline so far.

4doorj
02-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Boring so far. Waiting for a big name to be traded.

sexualbanana
02-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
Boring so far. Waiting for a big name to be traded.

Don't hold your breath. There's a pretty big gap between the buyers and sellers this year. The teams looking to get rid of their players for draft picks won't find any because the teams who are looking to upgrade to win this year (Clippers, Knicks, Nets, Heat, Pacers, etc) have already traded away their first-rounder, or are prohibited from doing so from last year.

Especially in a year that has a loaded draft and a HUGE portion of teams trying to position themselves for a top 5 pick this year.

The only hope for "big-ish deals" is if players on their rookie contracts get packaged together, but many of those are on playoff teams, so the price is going to be so high that it's unlikely. For example, Barnes & Thompson from the Warriors would be an attractive package, otherwise teams will have to add a rookie contract player with another vet.

sexualbanana
02-20-2014, 01:36 PM

Doubt it would happen, wonder if it's because Lowery wants to test FA and won't resign right now.

It's a tough spot for him. He's having a great year, which will likely raise his asking price. But all the teams that can afford him don't need a point guard.

sexualbanana
02-20-2014, 02:52 PM
And, I was wrong.

Granger for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen

Manhattan
02-20-2014, 02:55 PM
^

Not sure how this trade improves Indy besides getting a few years younger. Granger is a better player IMO. Perhaps they're saving a few bucks on Granger's contract.

sexualbanana
02-20-2014, 03:04 PM
^

Not sure how this trade improves Indy besides getting a few years younger. Granger is a better player IMO. Perhaps they're saving a few bucks on Granger's contract.

They save a few $$, and as good as Granger was, he's coming back from multiple injuries, and there's a little less overlap between George and Turner's game, who can play both the 2 and 3 spot

Manhattan
02-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Turner reminds me of a poor man's Lance Stephenson. Also not sure what Raps are doing picking up another Euro guard.

sexualbanana
02-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Turner reminds me of a poor man's Lance Stephenson. Also not sure what Raps are doing picking up another Euro guard.

Nando's a big guard who can play the point or the 2 spot. The Raps have added a 3rd ball handler who can hit an open 3. It'll fit well with how aggressive Demar's been playing. Surrounding him with shooters and big men will compliment him well

brucebanner
02-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Nando's a big guard who can play the point or the 2 spot. The Raps have added a 3rd ball handler who can hit an open 3. It'll fit well with how aggressive Demar's been playing. Surrounding him with shooters and big men will compliment him well
Bingo.

I like Indy's trade, right now I'd take Turner over Granger. Also, it could be a trial run to see if he fits, so they can resign him if Lance gets out of their price range.

I also like the Steve Blake pickup for the Dubs, he's definitely able to take some pressure off of Curry so he can get some proper rest in games. Now they'll be able do with what they did with Jack last year. Have Blake run point and run Curry off screens for catch and shoot plays.

Fairly quiet deadline but some teams got a little better.

sexualbanana
02-20-2014, 10:13 PM

I also like the Steve Blake pickup for the Dubs, he's definitely able to take some pressure off of Curry so he can get some proper rest in games. Now they'll be able do with what they did with Jack last year. Have Blake run point and run Curry off screens for catch and shoot plays.

I'm on the fence about the Blake trade. Only because I think Curry is actually a better shooter off the dribble than in catch and shoot scenarios. Then again, having Curry run off screens is going to create some great situations where Curry can create off the catch

brucebanner
03-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I'm on the fence about the Blake trade. Only because I think Curry is actually a better shooter off the dribble than in catch and shoot scenarios. Then again, having Curry run off screens is going to create some great situations where Curry can create off the catch

Compare his stats to last year playing with Jack, he shot better. I haven't been keeping an eye on them since the trade so I don't know how much Blake is contributing, I was just thinking of how well it worked last year.

Raptors are still rolling, solid win over the Wolves last night even with a big game from Love. Lowery did have a bigger game though, triple double. :D

Noah is just carrying the Bulls yet again and without Dang unlike last year! Chants of MVP for him against the Heat. Post game interview he says he doesn't like the MVP chants, says we have one MVP and that's Rose.

There's a guy any team should want.

colinxx235
03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
As a huge Bulls fan (and D.rose my #1) watching how Noah is playing is amazing

Augustin is having some pretty good games also, and I think Gibson/Butler will be huge pieces down the line.

I'm curious to see if Melo will end up on the team as well, I'm not a huge melo fan but I can't deny his talent and how hard he has played this year.

The thought of a noah/Gibson/melo/butler/rose 1/2/3/4/5 starter could compete big time, and would bring some cheap vet min salaries at them

Who knows...