PDA

View Full Version : Calgary impound

ottamania
10-30-2013, 08:23 AM
One of the guys works with us has spun out and crushed one of our company truck. No injuries thank god. But the truck is beyond any repairs. Extensive body damage. This happened on sunday night on stoney trail and there is no other car involved with the incident. I was going to get it towed but the city contractor who looks after the maintenance of these roads got it towed before i can get to it.

Now, i don't want the truck anyway since its done for. Do I still need to go down to the impound lot and pay their fines and all? Or just leave it there since they will try to auction if off anyway?

Any thoughts? Thnx in advance.

sidewaysD
10-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by ottamania
One of the guys works with us has spun out and crushed one of our company truck. No injuries thank god. But the truck is beyond any repairs. Extensive body damage. This happened on sunday night on stoney trail and there is no other car involved with the incident. I was going to get it towed but the city contractor who looks after the maintenance of these roads got it towed before i can get to it.

Now, i don't want the truck anyway since its done for. Do I still need to go down to the impound lot and pay their fines and all? Or just leave it there since they will try to auction if off anyway?

Any thoughts? Thnx in advance.

Your insurance will be dealing with the car. I imagine its a write-off so they will take care of those fees. Unless your company wants this truck for parts, than they can arrange a deal with the insurance on price.

Boosted131
10-30-2013, 08:33 AM
If you just leave it after a certain time they will sell/scrap it. Happens often with crap vehicles that are worth less than the impound fees

diamondedge
10-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Boosted131
If you just leave it after a certain time they will sell/scrap it. Happens often with crap vehicles that are worth less than the impound fees

If the police attended the scene they would write up a blue/yellow sheet describing that the vehicle was towed to impound as police seizure after the fact - let your insurance know where it is ASAP as I believe after 15 days it becomes auction-material.

97 bucks a day IIRC

Tik-Tok
10-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by diamondedge

97 bucks a day IIRC

And people think Impark is bad :rofl:

diamondedge
10-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

And people think Impark is bad :rofl:

Sorry, it's 97 bucks for the initial tow, then + a km charge. Max is 28 bucks a day storage fee.

So it's a double whammy :nut:

theken
10-30-2013, 04:58 PM
It's less than 97..and the first 5km are free. Unless there is a recovery charge.

DEATH2000
11-01-2013, 12:42 PM
If you abandon the vehicle in the impound they will eventually send the last registered owner a bill for the costs of storage should the car not sell at auction.

AndyL
11-01-2013, 12:48 PM
if it's a wreck, it's going to the crusher...

so impound fees - scrap metal value = bill added to your next renewal...