PDA

View Full Version : Good cop experience!

eblend
10-31-2013, 12:26 PM
So yesterday I went out to my garage to replace a lightbulb before my wife came home as she works the evening shift, and I see her arrive and pull into the garage.

Just as she stops, I see at the corner of my eye a police cruiser slowly roll up and come to a stop behind my garage.

I looked at the police officer in confusion as I wasn't sure why he was there and walked over asking if there was a problem. The officer asked me if I was driving the vehicle as my wife was still inside the car and he didn't see her (frosted window). I said no I was not and that was my wife. I again asked what the problem was to which he replied that she was speeding. At this point my wife opened the car door and I told her from the distance that she is in trouble. She asked the officer what the problem was and he told her she was doing 65 in the 50 zone.

At this point my wife automatically assumed that he will need her drivers license so she handed it to him right away as it is attached to her keys. The officer then said "It's okay, you can keep that, it's more important that you are home safe". We thanked the officer and off he went.

This is probably the best police experience I have ever had so wanted to share. Usually anytime I am pulled over, regardless of how nice I try to be....there is always a $200+ ticket waiting for me :D

BigShow
10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
How did he clock her at 65 in a 50? And why didnt he pull her over at the site of said infraction? Could of been lack of evidence and the easiest ticket to fight, that is why he didn't bother?

Mista Bob
10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
So if the officer was polite, but gave a ticket.... would you still be posting about a "good cop experience"?

lilmira
10-31-2013, 12:37 PM
It's the good cop bad cop technique, you have been warned.

Sugarphreak
10-31-2013, 12:38 PM

Redlyne_mr2
10-31-2013, 12:44 PM
65 in a 50.. so dangerous.

mr2mike
10-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Clearly just wanted another glimps of your wife. :bigpimp:

If it was you, they would have told you to get back into your vehicle. Proceeded with their quota filling. End of month and all.

speedog
10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Another way to think of this is that most residential streets are 50kph - streets where there might be kids and such. A kid running out from behind a parked car after a ball - not a big deal if you hit the ball but the kid that you'll notice shortly afterwards, that's a whole different story. That 15kph difference could equate to hitting that kid or not as your car will take more more time and distance to slow down - yeah, I know, I know that 65 in a 50 doesn't seem like a big deal and I'm just as guilty as the next person of doing that at times.

But in certain situations, 65 in a 50 could be a big deal - on my mid-50's residential street even 50kph feels quite fast what with narrow streets, vehicles parked on both sides and often kids playing in front yards or street hockey. 65 on Mcknight between 4th Street NW and John Laurier Boulevard - whole different story. 65 on collector streets in most communities tonight - probably a bigger deal because of the amount of people that will be out.

eblend
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Mista Bob
So if the officer was polite, but gave a ticket.... would you still be posting about a "good cop experience"?

Haha, no probably not, I would have not said anything at all, as it would be the usual :D

I had a few polite cops before who still gave me tickets, I only posted because of this glitch in the matrix.

This was at 11:20PM by the way. The way he measured the speed is probably by the fact that he was driving behind her for 3-4 blocks in the suburbs and saw that she was going faster than 50....wife didn't realize it was a cop as it was dark out and rear window was a bit frosted.

Hey, she is also Asian, so she has an excuse :nut:

clem24
10-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by eblend

At this point my wife automatically assumed that he will need her drivers license so she handed it to him right away as it is attached to her keys.

Is this really wise? If she loses her keys/gets stolen, then the perp knows where she lives AND has keys in hand..

bart
10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
i got home safe too hahahaha http://forums.beyond.ca/st/375896/last-rip-before-the-snow/

eblend
10-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Is this really wise? If she loses her keys/gets stolen, then the perp knows where she lives AND has keys in hand..

Good point. Its more of a bus pass holder but she puts her license in there...I will let her know. Thanks!

max_boost
10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
65 in a 50.. so dangerous. :rofl: :werd:

I got a lecture/firm talking and ticket for going 120 in a 90 zone. Hopefully it won't happen again and what I hear is, "KA BAND". ----> Proceeds to slam on brakes :D

Anyway, eblend glad you/her got let off the hook. As we all know, Officers can write you up for anything, well the bad ones at least. :thumbsup:

heavyfuel
10-31-2013, 05:17 PM
LOL probably creeping your wife and once he saw you, made an excuse to save face and made up a bs story about her speeding and subsequent "warning".

kvg
10-31-2013, 06:50 PM
No one is asking for pictures of your wife? Wow, this is new:rofl:

speedog
10-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by kvg
Maybe it's the silent influence of the new 780 members?

clem24
11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by kvg

Maybe we should just get it over with with a thread titled "Post a picture of your SO" :rofl: .

Feruk
11-01-2013, 11:24 AM
This is a good cop experience? I don't see how. Thread title made it sound like a cop jumped into a freezing river after your drowning baby...

01RedDX
11-01-2013, 11:35 AM