PDA

View Full Version : Review: Country Hills Hyundai Service Dept

spikerS
10-31-2013, 03:35 PM
So I keep driving past the place, keep seeing their advertisement for a $39.95 oil change. I know this is for conventional oil, but being the frugal guy I am, and knowing I am headed down to the states on Saturday, figured I would check it out, I mean, the sign did say all makes and models...:dunno:

Before I even turned the truck at the door, they were already opening it, and I know it is minor, but the doors raise really fast, no waiting, and pulled right in.

Guy upfront told me that I had 2 options, either a synthetic or conventional oil (My owners manual says I can use either, but I prefer synthetic), tells me that if I want synthetic, they use Mobil1. Awesome! And that it will cost between $80-90. I tell em to give er.

He then says that my truck takes 5.7L of oil, and that the oil change included 5L of oil, but he wasn't going to change me for the extra. Sweet!

They also checked my alignment, topped up all my fluids, and put my truck through their touchless car wash. Reset all the computer stuff as well.

Took em about 40 mins from the time I pulled in, to the time I left.

Truck was spotless, was nice to see it clean again.

Final cost? $88.50.

Would I go again? Absolutely! Way better service, and cheaper than the oil changes from Ford, and with Mobil1!

TL911
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm going to take my Silverado there this week. I've been seeing the sign but was kind of scared...Thanks for the review Spikers! :clap: :thumbsup:

swak
11-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a rad place! Who was your service advisor?

In all honesty though, I have yet to have a bad experience. With anyone at Shaganappi Chev.
Precise, quick and stellar individuals!

spikerS
11-04-2013, 12:42 PM
There was no service advisor, they have 2 bays there that look like are strictly for lube services. Was just like pulling into a Mr. Lube or something.

and being new, it is super clean in there too!

Sorath
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Kay Rehal is a good guy, miss him as our assistant service manager, seem to hear good things about his department lately.

clem24
11-04-2013, 02:38 PM
So it doesn't need to be Hyundai? That would make it convenient for me. Too lazy to change my own oil nowadays.

Cos
11-04-2013, 02:54 PM

vtec
11-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Cos

I'm curious how they did this, was the alignment rack just open? Usually takes a decent amount of time to rig up. Seems like something quite expensive to do for free.

hunter now has a new quick alignment check system.

I'm pretty sure this is what they're using

Cos
11-04-2013, 07:30 PM

AE92_TreunoSC
11-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I know a bunch of guys that work there and have recommended friends there.

They are very professional and worth the drive!

Alignment checks are free at lots of dealerships.

EK69
11-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by clem24
So it doesn't need to be Hyundai? That would make it convenient for me. Too lazy to change my own oil nowadays.
I guess not lol. Sounds pretty good, it's pretty damn cold to do them urself now lol.

Is there any truth to "once u put in synthetic oil u should continue with synthetic only as switching back and forth is bad for the engine" ?

spikerS
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by clem24

They don't sell F-150 Ecoboosts there ;)

Masked Bandit
11-05-2013, 09:27 AM
I have to say I'm a bit surprised to hear about the positive experience. When I was buying the wife's Santa Fe I gave CHH a shot and they were terrible to deal with. I got a real unprofessional vibe off them. I guess the service department must be better managed. Glad to hear.

Tik-Tok
11-05-2013, 09:50 AM

guessboi
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
I took my Suzuki for an oil change back early summer. Good service but they added me on their mailing list so I got their emails for a few months before I unsubscribed. :rofl:

spikerS
11-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
I have to say I'm a bit surprised to hear about the positive experience. When I was buying the wife's Santa Fe I gave CHH a shot and they were terrible to deal with. I got a real unprofessional vibe off them. I guess the service department must be better managed. Glad to hear.

Oh yeah, sales staff are a bunch of hacks. I went in to talk pricing an an Elantra hatch. They told me they were giving me a deal on it at $29,500 when the window sticker said the price was a tad over $27k and that included freight and PDI.

While I was in there, they were delivering a GTR. Just before the client got there, a couple sales guys climbed in, and rev'd the engine and let it run for about 4 mins. All this while it was still in the showroom and I am sitting about 15 feet away.

Seriously, they must have thought I was retarded or could not do basic math.

While their service was good, their sales staff and experience is a big step backwards.

BrknFngrs
11-05-2013, 10:16 AM
So they run it exactly like a Minute Lube? No appointment required; just roll up?

spikerS
11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
^^yup, that is exactly what I did.

Canucks3322
11-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Shit I thought I was the only one who had a bad experience with their sales staff...the manager basically tried to rip me off by only giving me a monthly payment amount on the offer sheet, no breakdown nothing, not even the price of the car itself!...I look nothing like an accountant to him but all it took was basic math to realize that not only were they jacking up the price of the Sante Fe, he was trying to take my trade in for nothing!....would not recommend them to anyone, shady for sure of the manager if he thinks he can do that to someone...I didn't get mad or anything, just calmly walked outta there, these guys won't be in business for long with such bad ethics.

n1zm0
11-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
I guess the service department must be better managed. Glad to hear.

I found this to be the case when I worked in automotive, my time began as a valet/lot attendant right out of HS, I had to interact with Sales and Service on a daily basis, some of the salespeople were just outright assholes, those kind that believe they're truly God's gift to the world who look down upon service and all other staff - snakes us valets used to call them, take demos to go do their laundry during work hours and smoke cigarettes in them then slip you a $20 to go and try to get rid of the smell. I remember at one point I was telling a coworker that I had more respect for mattress and vacuum salesmen that their automotive industry counterparts. Again not all salespeople are asses, but it seems like the mass majority of them are, no matter if they're 22 ys/old or 60 ys/old.

I moved onto the service department and I finally realized I wasn't the only one who thought sales as a vast majority (not all) are just a bunch of HS drop out walking car brochures.

The service dept is where you'll naturally find the people who are probably the most concerned at making your dealership experience a good one imo, it's how they make money too I guess for repeat customers. I worked at a luxury off-brand division dealership of one of the big Japanese 3 and iirc the biggest of its size for Western Canada, we constantly had owners of the parent-brand make bring their vehicles to us for maintenance based on our service dept's reputation.