PDA

View Full Version : Good insurance company w/ no safety inspection

chathamf
10-31-2013, 04:21 PM
I am looking to switch companies but dont want to do a safety I inspection. Anyone know anywhere? Its a 1998.

RNB11
10-31-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure all company requires an inspection. If you cannot pass a basic inspection then you shouldn't be on the road. Insurance inspections are really cheap to get done, so I don't believe that is then issue here.

bourge73
10-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Nope RBC has no inspection policy I have had anywhere from a 78 nova to A
93 jeep with no inspection Obviously with no collision though

chathamf
10-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Yea well I just rather not get an inspection because shops will always try to make ypu fix something just to make cash.

btimbit
10-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
Yea well I just rather not get an inspection because shops will always try to make ypu fix something just to make cash.

Go to a reputable shop then? Or one of those pass anything come to you kijiji guys.

chathamf
10-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Know any of these kijiji guys?

ianmcc
10-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Plus one for RBC. OOP is another story but never had to do an insurance inspection either.

toastgremlin
10-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Yea well I just rather not get an inspection because shops will always try to make ypu fix something just to make cash. The insurance inspection in Alberta is so laughable that if you actually failed something on it a large man from the government should physically assault you for upwards of 30 minutes in the parking lot.

http://www.simsinsurance.ca/forms/vir.pdf

16hypen3sp
10-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Myself and my brother have had numerous vehicles that SHOULD have needed safety inspections. They never asked for a safety inspection once.

That was with those crooks the co operaters. They are the scum of the insurance world. My guess is that if something ever happened, they could fall back on you not giving them a safety inspections and not cover you.

I dont really buy old, old vehicles anymore so I'm not sure who doesn't require an inspection but the co operaters seemed to not give a shit.

J.M.
10-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Know any of these kijiji guys?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-auto-insurance-financing-MOBILE-Insurance-Inspections-60-We-Come-To-YOU-EVENINGS-TOO-W0QQAdIdZ538013182

Pretty sure I used this one for my 240..

mrsingh
10-31-2013, 06:13 PM
I was never asked for a safety by State Farm on any of the older cars I've owned.

chathamf
10-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Yea I am looking at leaving state farm. any other company suggestions?

Masked Bandit
10-31-2013, 08:28 PM
One of the companies we represent (Economical) just did away with the inspection requirement this past spring.

96integra
10-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by J.M.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-auto-insurance-financing-MOBILE-Insurance-Inspections-60-We-Come-To-YOU-EVENINGS-TOO-W0QQAdIdZ538013182

Pretty sure I used this one for my 240..

I used this guy too. Doesn't even look at your car. Just gives you the signed papers.

chathamf
11-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys will either use Kijiji guy or one of the companies listed. Any idea if any companies open on the weekend?

Speed_69
11-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

That was with those crooks the co operaters. They are the scum of the insurance world. My guess is that if something ever happened, they could fall back on you not giving them a safety inspections and not cover you.

How are they scums? Me, my brothers and parents have all been insured with the co-operators for a number of years and have had nothing but good service when it comes to claims.

Drooool
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM
I used to be with AMA and they were so expensive and pretty useless. I swtiched to Meloche Monnex. Saving about $300 a month, no safety inspection. Super easy to deal with. Very pleased with them.

sidewaysD
11-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by mrsingh
I was never asked for a safety by State Farm on any of the older cars I've owned.

WHAT?! I am a customer of State-farms south west agent , and get asked for insurance inspection for my previous old cars. But.. i have two weeks to give one which is awesome time.

chathamf
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Anyone know an inspection guy? Guy mentioned here took his ad down.

FraserB
09-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Intact never asked me for one

firebane
09-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyone know an inspection guy? Guy mentioned here took his ad down.

Look for $50 mobile insurance inspection. They'll all be guys to give you a quick "inspection".

Avoid the guy who asks you to drive to his house in th NE as he won't give you the inspection paper and wants to fax it directly to your insurance broker.

Rat Fink
09-07-2014, 04:25 PM

Hallowed_point
09-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
If you have an unsafe car, I really hope you don't find a guy that will pass it.

I agree..last kijiji mobile guy I got actually did a half ass decent inspection. I was impressed. Checked for play in the steering wheel, looked at the pads & rotors, lights. Most of those guys just seem to go through the motions "pass"

firebane
09-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
If you have an unsafe car, I really hope you don't find a guy that will pass it.

And what exactly classifies a unsafe car? If it can stop, go, and all the lights work that to me is a safe car.

Every vehicle will have an issue whether its brakes or something mechanical in it that will fail but just because its 12 years old doesn't mean it needs an inspection.

The inspections are just another way for insurance to get money from a person.

speedog
09-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by firebane

And what exactly classifies a unsafe car? If it can stop, go, and all the lights work that to me is a safe car.

Every vehicle will have an issue whether its brakes or something mechanical in it that will fail but just because its 12 years old doesn't mean it needs an inspection.

How are the insurance companies getting money from you when you're paying someone to do the inspection that most likely is independent from the insurance company? Please do explain your rational in your last statement.

whydontchathen
09-07-2014, 05:04 PM

No, the inspections are a way to keep crappy cars off the road.

firebane
09-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by whydontchathen

No, the inspections are a way to keep crappy cars off the road.

LOL you keep thinking that. :nut:

Seth1968
09-07-2014, 06:18 PM

This.

In one way or another, BS will be made up, and you're going to lose.

Hallowed_point
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I disagree..the two times I've had vehicles inspected by a mobile kijiji guy I've never been pressured to go to their shop (if they even have one) for repairs. I don't know what you guys are talking about. If it was an out of province I could understand.

Insurance doesn't get jack-squat from Joe Blow the kijiji vehicle inspector :confused:

Rat Fink
09-07-2014, 09:02 PM

firebane
09-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm aware of the inspection form. I know what it entails and I can guarantee you that there are more vehicles on the road than would most likely fail. Inspections are a joke and a waste of money for people and a false sense of security of insurance companies.

Forcing people into doing an inspection is just plain stupid.

Rat Fink
09-07-2014, 09:14 PM

16hypen3sp
09-07-2014, 09:18 PM
I think I've said it before in this forum somewhere.

All you need is a mech. number and form above and your all set. One mech. gave his number to my cousin for a 24 pack of Coors.

There are lots of cars on the road that are unsafe.

As for no inspection, Aviva never inspected my cars, same with the co operators. In fact, I don't know of anyone who has had one from any insurance company.

theken
09-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Bill made me do my 96 civic.....

Masked Bandit
09-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by theken
Bill made me do my 96 civic.....

Hey now...lol...Bill didn't make you do anything, your insurance company on the other hand...

Insurance companies are drifting towards doing away with inspection for the most part. It will still take a lot of years before all companies dump them but there was a time when all companies demanded an inspection on anything over 12 years. Now, lots of them run a 15 year age requirement, others add in that only if it is 15 years old AND you want full coverage, and some have already dumped the requirement all together.

They are a good idea in theory, but the reality is they do little to actually prevent wrecks from being on the road and they end up costing consumers extra money. If it were up to me I would do away with them all together.

ExtraSlow
09-08-2014, 07:59 AM
I'm still surprised the Gubbermint doesn't make us do inspections every few years. Even if all it caught was burnt out lights I feel it'd be worthwhile. So many people apparently never check thier bulbs.

Dave P
09-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
One of the companies we represent (Economical) just did away with the inspection requirement this past spring.

Did away with inspections, and most of there employees haha. Ohhhhh zing

G-ZUS
09-08-2014, 08:18 AM
My insurance company wants a picture of each side and a safety inspection if I want to add comprehensive coverage on my 2000 Honda winter beater.:dunno:

Kramerica
09-08-2014, 08:56 AM

The inspection requirements more or less evaluate if you're car can make it around the block without getting in a wreck. The bar is set incredibly low and to be honest if you own a car that can't pass that inspection you shouldn't be driving it.

chathamf
09-08-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm not looking for myself. My vehicles are safe for the road and the vehicle in question is as well. I sold an old Tercel to someone a mo th ago and they just called me up wanting their money back cause the rust on it caused it to fail. Just trying to help them out.

chathamf
09-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I'm still surprised the Gubbermint doesn't make us do inspections every few years. Even if all it caught was burnt out lights I feel it'd be worthwhile. So many people apparently never check thier bulbs.

It used to be a yearly thing in NS. Sucks bad for people cause rust is crazy back there and you would need a new windshield like every year. They just moved it to two years. Ends up being a huge cash grab for the garages as they can make you place a ton of stuff all the time. Keeps the shit boxes off the road though. Never seen as bad of vehicles as I have seen in Alberta.

Masked Bandit
09-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

Did away with inspections, and most of there employees haha.

HEYYYYOOOOO!

Seth1968
09-08-2014, 01:29 PM

Keeps the shit boxes off the road though.

That would be fine if it were true.

Thing is, even Beyond's resident insurance guru says the notion is false.

chathamf
09-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

That would be fine if it were true.

Thing is, even Beyond's resident insurance guru says the notion is false.

I meant in Nova Scotia. Insurance inspections here aren't shit. But the provincial inspections there are pretty strict.

Seth1968
09-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Nova Scotia? I think I heard about that place in a movie one time:)

Again, the West and the East wanted in, now we're both trying to get the fuck out.

Kramerica
09-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I would sooner have yearly safety inspections then the emissions crap they have in the states. Driving a shitbox is fine, I drive one, its when they let shit go unfixed/DIY it that it causes a problem.

relyt92
09-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I'm still surprised the Gubbermint doesn't make us do inspections every few years. Even if all it caught was burnt out lights I feel it'd be worthwhile. So many people apparently never check thier bulbs. A lot of people also don't care, I've let many people know they have tail/brake lights out and I've had quite a few people say they know or that it's been like that for a long time.

Masked Bandit
09-10-2014, 07:55 AM
To add further proof to my earlier statements, we received a notice from Intact yesterday saying that they are moving the age requirement on safety inspections from 15 years back to 20.