PDA

View Full Version : FS: Monsoon Planar Media 9 2.1 Speaker System *SOLD*

BigYellowMonkey
02-25-2004, 10:32 AM
I have a Monsoon Planar Media 9 speaker system (2.1, 2 satellites+subwoofer), which I bought at the end of june this past summer (2003). I bought the 3 year warranty from Future Shop, which was $25 more, and basically gives you over-the-counter exchanges on problematic products until June 15th 2006. The speakers are working awesome, but I've been offered a great deal on some bigger speakers, and so i need to sell these so i can afford these new ones.

$100 O.B.O.

Includes 2 planar satellites (19W each), 6.5" bass driver (dual voice coil, 19W/coil, 38W total RMS), total system power of 76W RMS (awesome kick to em), wired remote with volume, mute, and bass level control (which can sit free, or attach to the base of one of the satellites), all in original box, setup guide (speaker placement is critical with planar speakers), user's guide, with original receipt from Future Shop (to use in case you need to use the warranty, the 3 year warranty and its expiry date are printed on the receipt). And I'll even throw in a 5ft gold-plated 1/8in-1/8in extension cable, so that you have an extra 5 feet to play with to plug the speakers into whatever you're plugging em into (sub/integrated amp plug in via 1/8in jack, which is a standard headphone jack, and satellites plug in via included RCA cables to rear of sub). Power is supplied through one standard 3-prong plug running to the sub.

These speakers are fairly hard to come by these days, as Monsoon has since discontinued their home audio lineup, and is producing only car audio equipment now.

The speakers look like this:
http://www.teamsuperstar.ca/speakers.gif
You can see the sub, as well as the planar satellites. They produce amazing sound.

Here's a picture of the wired remote. It fits nicely onto the base of either of the satellite speakers. The only difference between this pic and the actual remote is that the light beside the mute button is green on this set, not red. Also, on the right side of the remote, there is a headphone jack where you can plug in whatever you want to use to listen with, and adjust the volume/bass level from the remote still.
http://www.teamsuperstar.ca/remote.gif

PM me with offers (no lowballers), or reply to this thread. I can ship to anywhere, provided you pay the shipping fees, which will vary depending on shipping speed, and your location. If you live in Calgary, I'll deliver it for free.

-Biggie!

jdmakkord
02-25-2004, 11:14 AM
I'll give you $75 cash today

BigYellowMonkey
02-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Haha I would, except that I've had 2 PM's offering me $100. This was a few dayts ago (I reposted the for sale ad today), and they both have been taking their time getting back to me, so if you can offer me the same, I'll sell them to you.

-Biggie!

jdmakkord
02-25-2004, 05:15 PM
pm'd

BigYellowMonkey
02-26-2004, 01:46 PM
sold