PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket

16hypen3sp
11-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Girlfriend shows up at home with a speeding ticket today.
She got clocked 127 in a 100 zone heading home after work.

Ticket looks normal except where the officer put his info.

It has his signature, print name (looks like he just put down his last name), badge number, and his force.

Its not very legible at all (imagine that) but above "force" it looks like he wrote "CBT" or "RCBT"

I can't tell if the "R" part of that is part of his badge number or what. I have never seen this on a ticket before.

Closest thing I can come up with is "Compulsory Basic Training" but she can't even tell me what the cruiser looked like or what uniform he was wearing.

Anyone else seen this before? Or know what it means? She just got home and I was going to call the government but I'll have to wait until Monday to do that now.

bignerd
11-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Wow sounds like your girlfriend pays a lot of attention when she drives... doesn't remember the cop car, the cop or know the speed limit.

Why don't you just call the CPS and ask them?

FraserB
11-01-2013, 05:37 PM
It will either say CPS or RCMP; only putting his last name is fine, as is the ticket being hard to read. The carbon copies on these are crap usually.

16hypen3sp
11-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Wow sounds like your girlfriend pays a lot of attention when she drives... doesn't remember the cop car, the cop or know the speed limit.

Why don't you just call the CPS and ask them?

haha. Yah. She has a major anti-eye contact problem. Too shy I guess. And she doesn't know anything about cars either. She's knows the speed limit (like everyone else.)

but anyways this was in rural Central Alberta on a County Highway.

BigShow
11-01-2013, 06:03 PM
I guess if you're looking to fight it, wouldn't it say on the back which provincial court to attend if you wanted to plead not guilty?

B69
11-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Fighting it wont do anything. If theres a mistake on the ticket it will get quashed and you'll be notified. If you pay it and then it gets quashed, you'll be refunded.

FraserB
11-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by B69
Fighting it wont do anything. If theres a mistake on the ticket it will get quashed and you'll be notified. If you pay it and then it gets quashed, you'll be refunded.

If the error forms part of the charge, then you are correct. Having the issuing authority illegible probably wouldn't count.

16hypen3sp
11-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

If the error forms part of the charge, then you are correct. Having the issuing authority illegible probably wouldn't count.

I agree. I just don't understand what force in Alberta is initialed RCBT.

Sentry
11-01-2013, 09:33 PM
She got ticketed by a CBT officer? Was he wearing one of these? :rofl:

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_210593553_00-1.0x0/retail-1-pcs-a023-cock-and-ball-torture-026.jpg