PDA

View Full Version : can i borrows someone jack lift and stands?

Seks
11-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Was at princess auto few days ago but they sold out of that jack lift that's on sale. Was hoping to get it to change tires before today's snowstorm...but obviously not.

Got a rain check. They don't know when my order would come in

So anyone willing to lend me their jack lift and stands? Prefably NW

bourge73
11-02-2013, 11:38 AM
You can borrow mine for the day
I'm in Coventry hills. Pm me

firebane
11-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Why do you need jackstands? Do one tire at a time and just use the jack that came with your vehicle?

SOAB
11-02-2013, 04:01 PM
they call those things "the widowmaker" for a reason. use the right tools to do the job.

DeeK
11-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
they call those things "the widowmaker" for a reason. use the right tools to do the job.

This.

I wouldn't use the jack that came with any car unless I absolutely had to. Those things are death traps. Working for dealerships over the years, I can't tell you the number of them that have snapped and dropped a car on the ground, or people looking to replace their's that have snapped.

Seks
11-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks to all that responded. Got my tires changed

Wrinkly
11-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

This.

I wouldn't use the jack that came with any car unless I absolutely had to. Those things are death traps. Working for dealerships over the years, I can't tell you the number of them that have snapped and dropped a car on the ground, or people looking to replace their's that have snapped.

Just happened to me today!! :(

luxor
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

Wrong. If you use a tire wedge on the front and rear of a tire resting on the ground, and assuming you are not a complete fucktard and keep jacking it up while the jack is on an angle and crawling under like that, it shouldn't fall. Or if you are jacking it up from the front sides, the e-brake should keep the car from rolling. It's the rolling that makes these jacks collapse.