PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a bolt and a sensor

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I am in need of a seat bolt out of a 06 G35 Coupe (pictured below). I suspect it is the same bolt in 350Z's as well. I stripped mine and cannot find a replacement. Yes I've tried the dealer, or at least a Nissan dealer and they said it would be around 6 bucks but they just seemed to look up any bolt so I don't know if it's the right one and it would take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks to get here. I've also tried Calgary Fasteners, Triad Fasteners, Parts Source, Home Depot and Canadian Tire with no luck. The closest thing I seem to be able to find is M10 x 20. It has a finer thread than what you can typically find on shelf anywhere. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? I've tried Kijiji but have had no responses from people parting out their G's... tried picknpull as well, but they only seem to have older Sentra's on hand and I don't know if they would use the same type of bolt.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k437/b000stin/DSC_3727_zps54466a2e.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/b000stin/media/DSC_3727_zps54466a2e.jpg.html)

I also need help finding a Bosch sensor. Part # 0 265 005 303. I emailed Bosch but haven't got a response yet, anyone know if there is a local distributor here? I've found it online to buy but on very foreign looking websites and I wouldn't know where to begin to order. The stealership will only sell it with an entire ABS unit, and it isn't cheap.

http://romatronic.pl/userdata/gfx/1d40082ffb9dc6952198306a2f92295d.jpg

Any help would be GREAT! Thanks in advance

frozenrice
11-03-2013, 11:36 AM
As far as the bolt, you can try making a new one using a tap and die set. It looks like it's a fine pitch (1.25). If you're stuck let me know. I think I have a M10 1.25 in my set.

I'm surprised Triad didn't have it. Did you try Quest?

M.alex
11-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Blackfoot Industrial Supply Centre - that's where I buy all my metric stuff from (it's on Manitou Road, just before Acklands)

revelations
11-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Depending on the use of the bolt, cutting a new one might not be a good idea from a strength perspective (rolled bolts are always stronger than cut). However if its not a critical area, go ahead.

Also, the Bolt Supply House in the NE would probably have what youre looking for, but they also have a purchase min quantity too.

blackpeople
11-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Go to Lowes , They will have the bolt in stock, They have a pretty good section for metric stuff.

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Will try all of the above, thanks everyone!

dj_rice
11-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Where is the bolt located?I have Nissan FAST on my laptop and can get you the PN#.

Hook me up with your VIN and I'll try and get u a part number. That way you can at least cross reference or order from Ebay

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Sweet, thanks! It's a passenger side seat bolt on a '06 G35 coupe. Same bolts on all four corners, all the same as the driver side as well.

JNKCV54EX6M700738

JustinMCS
11-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Or, try a local full serve wrecker. They probably have your car and can get you a used one! Good luck.

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
Or, try a local full serve wrecker. They probably have your car and can get you a used one! Good luck.

Thanks, that's probably the easiest bet but I don't know of any. I guess I'm too used to my old Nissans you can find at picknpull, but newer cars are scarce there. Any names you can throw out? Oddly, searching on google maps for 'junk yards calgary' only brings up recycling places.

JustinMCS
11-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Here is one. Customer service can be a bit rough lol

http://www.manchesterauto.ca/

dj_rice
11-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic
Sweet, thanks! It's a passenger side seat bolt on a '06 G35 coupe. Same bolts on all four corners, all the same as the driver side as well.

JNKCV54EX6M700738

I don't have the Infiniti Fast. Just Nissan.

So I'll look up the 350z

Which bolt is it?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r470/djrice1234/350z_zps485bff8b.jpg

codetrap
11-03-2013, 06:24 PM
If worst comes to worst, I do have a tap & die set, and you're welcome to stop by and give it a go.

sr20s14zenki
11-03-2013, 06:42 PM
I probably have about 4 of those if you need one. I can check my bolt bin.

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

I don't have the Infiniti Fast. Just Nissan.

So I'll look up the 350z

Which bolt is it?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r470/djrice1234/350z_zps485bff8b.jpg

the bright green one on the left side

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I probably have about 4 of those if you need one. I can check my bolt bin.

Let me know if you do, thanks alot. I actually just found a same fine thread bolt but just slightly shorter. I put it in for now, but I'd still love the oem one for peace of mind.

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
If worst comes to worst, I do have a tap & die set, and you're welcome to stop by and give it a go.

I appreciate it! I will let you know if it comes to that

raceman6135
11-03-2013, 09:44 PM
For the sensor, check with a Part Source, NAPA, or Bowness Auto Parts to see if they can get one through Altrom. When I worked with Express Auto (wholesale), Altrom was quite good for import parts.

Altrom doesn't, the last time I checked, sell direct to the public, which is why you have to check a local retailer.

dj_rice
11-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic

the bright green one on the left side

PN# 01121-07251

Chantastic
11-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys! I'll have a check for that PN and I'll give those places a call tomorrow.

Beyond really is amazing!

DeleriousZ
11-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Triad fasteners has had every single metric bolt I've ever needed. Their hours aren't amazing, but their stock is insane. I'd go for a high grade replacement bolt, just for the hell of it lol.

natty54
11-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Altrom doesnt have the sensor. In fact no one local does.

I sent a few emails out I will let you know

RickDaTuner
11-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Two things to note.

It is highly recommended to only ever use OEM seat bolts, as they are extremely strong bolts that are acid etched and anti corrosion treated to ensure the bolt will maintain it's strength though out various weather and use conditions.
Using store bought bolts for that application could lead to metal fatigue and the seat breaking loose during a collision or abrupt maneuver.

Secondly, that sensor you are looking to replace, will have to be calibrated after being installed, it also requires an ABS service bleed procedure to ensure no air is left in the hydraulic control unit.

In the automotive repair world, when the manufacturer does not sell an electronic component (which is part of a module) on it it's own, it usually for a good reason.
My best guess is that; removal of that sensor requires clean room like conditions, and allowing in the smallest spec of dust or debris will immediately or overtime compromises your ABS system, as the ABS circuit solenoids are very small, very precise, and very sensitive to foreign debris.

I'm all for people tackling repair projects on their own, but modern cars require more than just a simple replacement of said part(s)

Why are you looking to get that sensor replaced anyway?

natty54
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I found a few sensors. Please PM me

Chantastic
11-04-2013, 12:33 PM
PM'ed natty, thanks! Delerious, the lady at Triad is great and went looking for quite some time for that bolt, unfortunately she came up with nothing.

Rick, don't worry I'm still looking for an oem bolt. If I can't find a used one, I'll likely use that part number from dj-rice in a few days here. The sensor is for the ABS unit, which is the most complicated thing on the G. I've already replaced an entire unit under the hood ($300 used, $2100 new) hoping it would fix the problem, but it only got rid of 2/3 codes. My mechanic says this sensor should be the last step in fixing it. The price of replacing the entire unit is also ridiculous...so I'm crossing my fingers. If I bought both of these complete units new, I could have bought another car. I know you've got to pay to play, but yikes

Ps you still want those lancer pads? They're still kicking around here somewhere.

RickDaTuner
11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Pm'd you man.

If you want a fresh perspective on the codes your car is presenting, feel free to pm me and I can give it a second look.