PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blades- Reviews?

Toyota Racing
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM
I was just wondering on what people's opinions are on some different types and brands of wiper blades. Sorry if there is already a thread on this. Looking for performance reviews and how long they last and pricing.

schocker
11-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I just use the michelin ones from costco, seem to work fine and go on sale often. I do like the OEM ones where you can replace the rubber itself but my volvo is the whole arm.

relyt92
11-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I just use the michelin ones from costco, seem to work fine and go on sale often. I do like the OEM ones where you can replace the rubber itself but my volvo is the whole arm. Been using the Michelin ones from Costco for the last few cars. Pick them up on sale for like $9 each no matter the size and they seem to perform and last as well as the more expensive ones I've tried.

Toyota Racing
11-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Would like to get OEM wipers but for $35 per blade. No thanks....

Mibz
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Like Michelin. Don't like Wix.

That's about all the advice I can give.

natty54
11-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Bosch Evolutions are my choice

Mista Bob
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I've completely given up on buying 'higher end' wiper blades.

No matter what I've tried, they all end up being crap soon enough as time goes by.
So instead, at the beginning of every winter I just buy a new set of the cheapest ones I can find.

Seems to work the best for me. Get perfect use from the wipers when it's needed most and ends up being cheaper than buying 'high end' wipers that go to crap after 1 season anyways.

CanmoreOrLess
11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Ice will ruin a wiper blade, I put new ones on every November from Costco. If in May they are streaking, another new set goes on. Some blades you can replace the rubber only, saves a ton overall. I did not know this and tossed my factory blades like a fool. I'd expect Toyota to have these rubber replacements.

I also use RainX once a month for the windows, lights, etc.

nobb
11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I haven't actually found that any of the higher end blades to last significantly longer. So I just buy the cheap rubber refills from Canadian Tire for $5 and do a DIY replacement. Only tools needed are pliers.

master hec0
11-04-2013, 10:27 PM
I have yet to replace the blades on my 2011 Ranger they are OEM and have been on my truck since i bought it November 2010 now with 75,000kms and never garaged.

I will be replacing the windshield before these wipers.

dj_rice
11-04-2013, 10:54 PM
When I worked at Nissan, I would usually run the ones Nissan offered. I believe they were from a company called Keyline.

But if the Costco ones were on sale, I'd stock up on the Costco ones.

Tik-Tok
11-04-2013, 11:00 PM
OEM ones always seem to work best for some reason (no matter the make/model). I've never found an aftermarket one that works as well.

xnvy
11-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I use the rain-x blades. pretty good.

boarderfatty
11-04-2013, 11:50 PM
I have always had he best luck with Bosch Excel+ wiper blades. I have found that Bosch seems to make a lot of OEM blades, and I have had good luck with OEM blades. I choose the Excel+ line because for some reason I have always had the best luck with traditional metal framed blades versus the reflex style

AE92_TreunoSC
11-05-2013, 12:12 AM
OEM's for Toyotas are 7-9$ inserts. You only replace the rubber.

Every model suits different wipers and makes.

I loved bosch until my Honda pilot, which had terrible performance from them.

OEM is always best if possible. Unless you've changed them to another make the inserts are my suggestion :)

HiTempguy1
11-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mista Bob

No matter what I've tried, they all end up being crap soon enough as time goes by.
So instead, at the beginning of every winter I just buy a new set of the cheapest ones I can find.

Seems to work the best for me. Get perfect use from the wipers when it's needed most and ends up being cheaper than buying 'high end' wipers that go to crap after 1 season anyways.

Yep. Also, the rubber on the blades deteriorates quickly. Get the cheap metal ones from Canadian Tire, replace every month. If you aren't getting good enough contact with the windshield, add the helper springs.

Anything else is overpriced snake oil! And if you properly apply rain-x, that will help a million times more than anything else (plus replacing your sandblasted window, but that's another rant for another time).

Seth1968
11-05-2013, 08:20 AM

This.

"It's the last garden hose you'll ever buy" lol

CapnCrunch
11-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Same here. I just buy the cheapest ones I can find and replace them twice a year.

Tik-Tok
11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Anything else is overpriced snake oil! And if you properly apply rain-x, that will help a million times more than anything else

This x100. It's also wicked when you're scraping ice/frost off your window :D

diamondedge
11-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Ice kills wiper blades. So once I started being super anal at scraping it all off, they last way longer.

Until that one day you accidentally hit the wiper handle and turn them on dry.

ERRRRRAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

..*JDM Hatch*..
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
PIAA wiper blades are pretty good IMO, been using them on my car and truck for the last few seasons.
Forza hybrids on my civic and Silencio Xtrm's on my truck. As long as you don't mind spending $100.00 on a pair of blades.

benyl
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
What are you guys doing to your blades? My 4 year old car and 3 year old truck still have the OEM ones the vehicle came with. If anything, the sandblasted windsheild needs to be replaced.

heavyfuel
11-08-2013, 03:02 PM
$12 ones from Wal Mart. No need to over-engineer a design that's worked fine for almost a century. I tried those relfex this, winter that, high end blades and what a joke.

btimbit
11-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
$12 ones from Wal Mart. No need to over-engineer a design that's worked fine for almost a century. I tried those relfex this, winter that, high end blades and what a joke.

:werd: I'd rather have cheap blades and beat the crap out of them than have expensive ones that I don't want to even use if there's any ice on the windshield.

Sugarphreak
11-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Cooked Rice
11-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I got some PIAA SI-Techs, about $25 each. They work super well in the summer & rain, but one of them smears a little in one direction if it's cold when using the winter wash.

btimbit
11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
http://www.mrlube.com/en/coupons/wiper_blade_promotion.aspx