PDA

View Full Version : Borden vs Chilliwack Canada Goose Jackets

remixsecret
11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Since winter is coming, I would like to pick up a new jacket that I've been looking for a while but not really sure what to pick up. There are two types, the Borden style and the Chilliwack style but I am so indecisive on what to pick!

I am wondering if any of you guys that had picked up any of these two could leave a review of pros and cons on the jackets and why you perfer one over the other. Thanks!! Here are the links:

Borden: http://www.canada-goose.com/products-page/arctic/borden-bomber/

Chilliwack:http://www.canada-goose.com/products-page/arctic/chilliwack-bomber-2/

msommers
11-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Chilliwack. More colour selection and better design of the pockets in front and get the additional one on the arm. The Borden has the strap at waist-level that looks retarded.

asp integra
11-04-2013, 09:50 PM
those are both quite ugly imo. i dont really see the draw of canada goose:dunno: :dunno:

NoMoreG35
11-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Just like Gucci, LV, Prada, etc.? :dunno:

flipstah
11-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Chilliwack. More colour selection and better design of the pockets in front and get the additional one on the arm. The Borden has the strap at waist-level that looks retarded.

What is said. You should check out our Winter Jacket thread!

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/360071/stylish-warm-winter-jacket-brand/

Just waiting for the mercury to drop some more to do some testing.

Neil4Speed
11-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35
Just like Gucci, LV, Prada, etc.? :dunno:

Canada Goose actually makes a very solid jacket. Just unfortunately got associated with a fashion crowd

msommers
11-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah CG makes a very nice jacket. It's just hard to justify the cost when most Calgarians don't need it. But enough of that dead horse.

I hate to be so skeptical but I'm betting with their massive jump in popularity, I can't really see their quality staying as good as it once was.

know1edge
11-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Nah I think the quality will be fine, but prices are climbing. I got mine for less than 500 back in 2008/2009

sabad66
11-04-2013, 11:53 PM
What do these retail for approx.? I need a new winter jacket as well.

flipstah
11-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
What do these retail for approx.? I need a new winter jacket as well.

$800 sounds about right. :eek:

SportEL
11-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

$800 sounds about right. :eek:

No, they're like $600. I was at Harry Rosen a month ago just browsing about trying their jackets out to see what all the fuss was about.

By the way, the Chilliwack is weird as the pockets are right up near the chest where you put your hands in inwards. The Borden style is better as they're situated where your hands normally go on a jacket lower down near the waist. Harry Rosen only sells Chilliwack. I believe you can get Borden at Holt.

jaylo
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Chiliwack is Regular Insulated meaning it will be quite puffy when you wear it, I think the price is $595

Borden is a slim version of the Chilliwack, though it carries a more expensive hefty price

My suggestion is that if you are spending a lot of time outdoors, get the Chilliwack, otherwise Borden if you can cough up the dough

P.S. I know my Canada Goose I have several of them

ArjayAquino
11-05-2013, 10:01 AM
i have the chilliwack and it's def. puffy but I do like the upper pockets. It may seem odd being that high, but to me it feels comfortable when I use it. The lower front pockets are better suited for storing things in because the flap would be annoying to open everytime to put your hands in.

403ep3
11-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I have the chilliwack and the pockets are fine.

As far as how warm it is.. I'm not sure yet because it hasn't been that cold this winter yet. I find it pretty puffy so I take it off sometimes if I am sitting on the bus. My GF got it for me so it was free! I'm not sure if I would have spent my own money on it lol

jaylo
11-05-2013, 10:18 AM
My vote is on the Borden or even the Foxe Bomber

Borden - removeable coyote fur ruff and hood and TEI of -10 to -20

Chilliwack is way too warm for Calgary weather and played out, trust me, and you cannot take it to dry cleaners because the fur cannot be detached. Give it a good year and a nice BO coming from your jacket from you sweating balls.

Borden is the only way to go, pay up the extra $100

r3ccOs
11-06-2013, 10:49 PM
$600 for a "quality" survival jacket isn't bad...

really, any other manufacturer who makes something similar (non-parka) from Marmot, TNF, Patagonia, and heck skiing jackets from Phoenix or Karbon is going to cost you around the same.

The quality is pretty much top notch in terms of materials, and fill (down power rating)

The only thing is... everyone is buying one purely for asthetics and not function...

personally I think the asthetics are about the function and that makes them ugly.

Parka's to me aren't meant to be functional for outdoor "activities" and maybe if I was some poor soul running seismic line in the Arctic, I'd rather have something I can use for back country skiing trips, ice climbing as well for cold weather "daily" use.

Personally I'd rather wear a softshell, and a hooded down shell on top, that I can take on/off throughout an excursion.

I also would rather take my Marmot hooded down jacket in any extreme cold weather conditions that I'd have to tolerate for hours at a time.

Arctic Rigger looks baller?!

CaptainReboot
11-07-2013, 08:51 PM
I have a Chilliwack. I get too warm in it unless it's at least -15 or colder.

It is puffy and gets kind of annoying walking around with it inside sometimes.

Is the Borden a new style? I don't think I saw it when I bought my jacket, but that was also 3 years ago. I like it.