PDA

View Full Version : Retard hit me!!!

LudeRoca
02-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Well I'm with my dad leaving future shop. I'm about to pull out of the stall and theres about three cars behind me. I let them all pass. There was a van that passed and as i starting pulling out he decides he wants to back up. So i c him and i stop. I honk my horn and this guys still backing up. So he hit my passenger rear end with his big ass tire and fucks up my rear bumper. Does anybody know how insurence handles situations like this. IF so plz post. I'm gonna be putting a kit and new paint job on my car pretty soon so hopefully i can get insurnce to pay for some of it.

rage2
02-25-2004, 03:28 PM
50/50. Your insurance is for your damage (if you have coverage) because it's in a parking lot. Unless, of course, you got the guy to sign a piece of paper saying it was totally his fault, in which case, his insurance would pay for everything.

LudeRoca
02-25-2004, 03:48 PM
So would my insurence go up becuase this retard hit me?.

t3rry
02-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
So would my insurence go up becuase this retard hit me?.

unless you can get him to admit to it, yes

(unless you dont go to insurance and just pay for it wih cash)

LudeRoca
02-25-2004, 03:56 PM
we drew out a diagram of what happend and we asked him to sign it and he wouldn't. i have his address. Theres not a scratch on his van. But my car is fucked cause he ran into it. If i have to pay for it i'm gonna beat my money outta him.

maximus
02-25-2004, 10:56 PM
I would check on this. My brother got backed into at SAIT parkade and got his truck completely repainted. Didn't cost him a thing and his insurance didn't go up.

rage2
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
we drew out a diagram of what happend and we asked him to sign it and he wouldn't. i have his address. Theres not a scratch on his van. But my car is fucked cause he ran into it. If i have to pay for it i'm gonna beat my money outta him.
If he didn't sign it, he probably knows about the 50/50 rule.

cappachihngo
02-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by rage2

If he didn't sign it, he probably knows about the 50/50 rule.
ya i agree wit him, but ya looks like u have a hard guy to deal with, good luck:thumbsup:

Zero102
02-26-2004, 12:37 AM
If it comes down to it, there's always small claims court.
Most insurance companies will just tell you that you pay for your own damage, they pay for theirs. But it may be worth calling a broker (don't give them your name) and asking what your specific company does about this.
I hope you get it straightened out.

rice_eater
02-26-2004, 10:40 AM
50/50 BUT wouldn't the fact that the guy was backing up change anything? That would mean he was going the wrong way would it not? if i had a big ass truck with a huge grill in front i could go through parkinglots hitting cars left right and center and i'll pay for the nonexistent damage to my grill while you pay hundreds of dollars to fix your car? There have to be some checks and balances in this law are there not?

m10-power
02-26-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm going to go buy a big #$%@in truck and play smash up durby at walmart...50/50 sounds like a lame ass cop out(pun intented). Police dont want to deal with this shit so you get fucked by the morons who shouldnt be driving anyways...

ehos
02-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Wait, you said you were backing up too and stopped?

How far was your rear end sticking out? For all we know you could be parked halfway into where you were going?

403Gemini
02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
if you're pulling outta a stall im pretty sure everybody else has the right of way.

LudeRoca
02-26-2004, 09:11 PM
I pulled out about half way before i saw him back into me.