PDA

View Full Version : Everybody please read this(Autozeal)

Pages : [1] 2

hondacrxsi
02-25-2004, 05:36 PM
I posted on here a few months ago but didn't get very many responces so hopefuly someone with some information will read this.
I orderd a bodykit from autozeal befor they shut down,(for those of you who don't know they preteneded that they were changing locations and then shut down in the middle of the night.)From what i have found out from former autozeal employees and autodream is that autodream bought autozeals phone number and bodykits that they had on order and in their warehouse befor they closed down.The people at autodream claim that they don't owe me the kit but i was told by one of their employees that the owners has helped out autozeal customers befor. The owner and some employees of autodream got pissed off at me when i went into their store and they acted like i had no reason for going to their store.
I found out the owner of autozeals name but don't know if i should post it on here(don't want to get in any trouble) I tried calling the two people with the same name as the owner of autozeal that are listed in the phone book but had no luck.If anyone else got screwed over by autozeal like i did please post.or if you have any information that could help me out.The whole thing looks like a scam so i can't belive that i am the only one who got screwed out of money.PLEASE POST
Thanks alot

Seanith
02-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Wow thats pretty shitty.. bump?

KLCC
02-25-2004, 06:14 PM
help a decent human being, bump.....

Talies R
02-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Call Tony Tighe ?:drama:

gwkwan
02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
ouch...
what r u gonna do

roopi
02-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Well if Autozeal sold its kits to Autodream why would Autodream owe you a kit? Looks like Autozeal just sold the same kit twice. Once to you and once to Autodream.

Instead of going after Autodream why don't you talk to the former owner(s) of Autozeal. Small claims court? :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
02-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Go to your local registries office you can perform a corporate search and find out who the owners of autozeal are.

OWNED
02-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

:werd:

ninjak84
02-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Someone from AutoZeal should show some balls and take care of this.
What a shitty way to do business.

nine8civicSi
02-25-2004, 06:52 PM
this has surfaced many times since autozeal closed........they should finish the matter and give everyone their money or their merchandise!

GTS Jeff
02-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Someone from AutoZeal should show some balls and take care of this.
What a shitty way to do business. haha they arent in business anymore!

Weapon_R
02-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
haha they arent in business anymore!

Members of the business are still on this website though.

roopi
02-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Members of the business are still on this website though.

and they seem to part of a new business now as well.

GingeRRRBeef
02-25-2004, 07:22 PM
How much did you pay for the bodykit??? Do you have a receipt or an invoice or something?

That's a shitty deal man, sorry to hear.

GTS Jeff
02-25-2004, 07:23 PM

Members of the business are still on this website though. my post had 2 points.

1. even tho those members are here, autozeals rep means nothing since it isnt around anymore.

2. maybe they arent in business because of this sort of thing. a big MAYBE. ive never dealt with them, so they could be good or bad, i dunno.

either way, the only thing on the line right now is the personal pride of the former owners.

ps. im sure theres another side to the story, there always is.

GingeRRRBeef
02-25-2004, 07:27 PM
^^^ only if they care about face and reputation

Weapon_R
02-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
my post had 2 points.

My post had a single point. Maybe the old Autozeal employees could somehow direct this poor guy to the owners or assist him in getting his old stuff back.

itsnotaDUB
02-25-2004, 07:50 PM
yah i would def. go to the media..

hondacrxsi
02-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Thanks everybody for responding!!!
I have written what happened alot so im just going to post the full story of what happened

On july 10th 2003 I ordered a bodykit for my car from a store called Autozeal. I was told it would take two weeks to come in. I called in two weeks and it wasn't there ,they told me to call back in another two weeks, this continued for 2 months until September when I called and no one answered. A week later i went to the store and it was empty. For six months I tried finding information as to what happened to Autozeal. I found an internet forum were the salesperson that I bought the kit from had posted. I sent him a private message to ask if my kit was ever ordered and he said "it was ordered and it did arrive after they went out of business. AutoDream has the kit if its not already sold." . Later the same day i called Autozeals phone number and Autodream had taken over the number, the person I talked to said Autodream didn't buy Autozeals orders just there phone number. I continued to look around the internet forum and found another former employee of Autozeal. I private messaged him and he told me that "...this isn't the first ive heard of this shit happin'in. yes Autodream bought there kits... I left right before they ended because of all the shaddy stuff that was goin on there at the end!!!" and that he could still help me get my bodykit from Autodream. I decided to go into Autodream with the print outs of the private messages sent to me by the former Autozeal employees to see if they would give me my kit . I was told by them that I had just as much reason for being in their store as any other car store in town and that they could not help me in any way. P.S. I still have the recipt that I got from autozeal.

hondacrxsi
02-25-2004, 08:53 PM
The second autozeal employee i talked to was really helpful but he just couldn't do anything for me. he tried but there wasnt all that much he could do. He sent me this message when i asked him what happeded
"hey hommie...yes i used to work for them before they closed..and this isnt the first ive heard of this shit happin'in. yes autodream bought there kits, and if your havnt recived youir kits yet "which is rediculious", ill do my best to get it for you..just pm me back with your name..and kit that u orderd. ill get a hold of jeevs and autodream to see whats up with this SHITTTTT.
sorry bout all this. i left right before they ended because of all the shaddy stuff that was goin on there at there end!!! but can still do somehting for you."
And the weird thing is is that the person that sent me this PM is working on autodreams website and I found a post from the salesperson who sold me the kit that said he got work done for cheap at autodream. And when i went into the store, befor i talked to the owner, i was told that autozeals owner comes into autodream everyonce in a while but not to often because he has people looking for him.

TomTom
02-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

seriously that is a damn good idea!

roopi
02-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Who is Tony Tighe??? :confused:

GingeRRRBeef
02-25-2004, 09:12 PM
CFCN Consumer Watch

3G
02-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Who is Tony Tighe??? :confused:

Consumer Investigator guy on Global TV

Weapon_R
02-25-2004, 09:17 PM
The only reason that people go to Tony Tighe is because he is influential with businesses that have something to lose because of the negative media impact on their business.

With Autozeal, there is nothing to lose. They don't exist. The best thing you can do is file a small claims law suit with the owner (which is very easy and cheap to do) and let him explain why he hasn't given you the kit. The judge can rule in your favour and force him to return the money to you, provided you have kept the receipt and any detailed information concerning the transaction.

benyl
02-25-2004, 09:23 PM
The only reason that people go to Tony Tighe is because he is influential with businesses that have something to lose because of the negative media impact on their business.

With Autozeal, there is nothing to lose. They don't exist. The best thing you can do is file a small claims law suit with the owner (which is very easy and cheap to do) and let him explain why he hasn't given you the kit. The judge can rule in your favour and force him to return the money to you, provided you have kept the receipt and any detailed information concerning the transaction. :werd:

hondacrxsi
02-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Yea, I think court is my only option, but do you think that i can find this guy. he closed the store in the middle of the night so i would think he would be hard to find. does anybody know how to go about fileing a law suit and do i have to know where he is to have him served with papers.I still have my recipt with invoice numbers and terms and conditions and salesperson on it.
P.S. do you have to be 18 to file a law suit, would one of my parents have to help me.

Weapon_R
02-25-2004, 09:37 PM
I can help you if you PM me.

R-Audi
02-25-2004, 09:51 PM
I didn't think that small claims court was very expensive. If you win, don't your fees get paid by the other party?
I am kinda disapointed that previous AZ employees haven't spoken up on the forum....:whipped:

CalgaryB5
02-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

Consumer Investigator guy on Global TV

:thumbsup: :clap:
:rofl:

The guy>>>>

DUBBED
02-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

I am kinda disapointed that previous AZ employees haven't spoken up on the forum....:whipped:

Why would you expect them to? they have nothing to do with the former owners decisions.

ugotahondaeh?
02-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Before deciding to take the owner(s) of autozeal to court, you should try to find the reasoning behind autozeal's closure. I'm sure there are laws out there that protect shops and businesses from lawsuits after they are closed and out of business. Ie bankruptcy
But I could be wrong. I think you are forgetting the fact that businesses open and close all the time. Each time you decide to put down payment or pay in full for an item that is promised to you, you’re taking a risk.

My suggestion to you would bend over and take it and call it a life lesson learned. :(

buh_buh
02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
I think your only hope is to find the owner.
Assuming Autozeal isn't a corporation (and a safe assumption at that) the owner is responsible for any debts he owes to any customers even after the company is long gone.

sexualbanana
02-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I think your only hope is to find the owner.
Assuming Autozeal isn't a corporation (and a safe assumption at that) the owner is responsible for any debts he owes to any customers even after the company is long gone.

I think it is a corporation though.

^SkylinE^
02-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Call it a lesson learned ??? for what man Autozeal knew they were going under and this kid got jack for probably around 1000$. Dude if it was you .....you would be pissed. This kids under 18 and when your that young 1000$ is alot of money.
Maybe you should bend over and take it for him.:banghead:

buh_buh
02-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I think it is a corporation though. It is?? I was always under the impression that it was a partnership.:dunno:
If this is the case then your shit out of luck unless you can find someone that is willing to compensate you out of their own kindness then.

91_Integz
02-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
Call it a lesson learned ??? for what man Autozeal knew they were going under and this kid got jack for probably around 1000$. Dude if it was you .....you would be pissed. This kids under 18 and when your that young 1000$ is alot of money.

ugotahondaeh?
02-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^

hey, i feel bad for the guy also but what can you do... there are some pretty shaddy people out there. :rolleyes: Before you die, you are going to get screwed one way or another. If you haven't been screwed yet, eventually it's going to happen. Relax, i'm just being realistic.

izzoblitzo
02-25-2004, 11:09 PM
hm... I was told the shop was moving, so they hightailed before the main intersection got any bigger. I know the guy that owns that shopping mall, and he's ticked, because he said autozeal owed him a couple months of rent, and just ditched in the middle of the night.

there was a small claim filed against the company I work for, and if it went through, and we were proven wrong, we woulda had to pay for all legal fees involved.

In autozeal's defense.. yes, they did go out of business.. and much like most places that go out of business, its pretty tough.. like, digging for a buried coffin. But case in point, this other shop bought the inventory from autozeal before it shut down. There's a lingering feeling of fraud in the air if a comany sells an already sold item for money.. for the second time.

If this is the case, I cant see how autodream could shell out the kit, because then they'd be out of money x2.

I paid for my kit in May/03, and although being given a two week turnaround time, I ended up getting pieces of the kit at different times. I was told they had to wait for the next shipment and stuff like that. The rear bumper for my kit was in stock, but the skirts and the front were not. so after three months of waiting, they get the skirts and the front bumper in, but they were the wrong year model. So I just gave up and settled for some civic skirts.. thank god they fit with minor modification. I did my own research, and got my salesguy to order from a place out of toronto for my front bumper.. a month later, it finally comes, and I just kept calling.. thanks to my salesguy, cos he did a personal delivery, and brought it by my house.

So, by the end of September (4 1/2 months), I finally got my kit. Autozeal had a buncha cool guys working there, no doubt about that. But its so unbelieveble that they just kinda dissapeared off the radar just like that.

Whats really freaky is my girlfriend told me she heard they ditched somewhere in the first week of september.. and I didnt get my bumper till the end of september.. I kept in touch with the salesdude, and he basically had to call up the owner/warehouse to see if it was in.. and the guy said it was in but sittin there for a while, cos they closed the retail shop up. I was lucky.. damn lucky.

TofuBoi
02-25-2004, 11:20 PM
if the company is owned by the owner, not by stock holders..... than he is liable for everything... and i heard that he'll have to sell any property owed to repay his debts

Weapon_R
02-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ugotahondaeh?

hey, i feel bad for the guy also but what can you do... there are some pretty shaddy people out there. :rolleyes: Before you die, you are going to get screwed one way or another. If you haven't been screwed yet, eventually it's going to happen. Relax, i'm just being realistic.

I understand where you are coming from, but in our society we have certain laws and moral obligations that everyone is expected to live by. It's impossible to argue that the Autozeal staff did not know about the financial conditions that they were facing, and to keep it under wraps by arguing that they were "moving" is ridiculous - they even came on here to ask members where an ideal location would be.

Yes, everyone is going to be screwed over at one point in their life, but it's hard to swallow whenever someone pulls the wool over your eyes, especially for a young individual to lose a considerable amount of money (~1000 from my best estimates).

And if the body kit were sold to autodream, it would mean that the owners of Autozeal could be found guilty of fraud, which isn't protected by any bankrupcy laws.

As a corporation, Autozeal's owner is protected by a limited liability clause, but a partnership may be a different story. I'm not entirely sure which category applies to Autozeal, but that is subject to whoever's interpretation it will eventually be placed into.

Hakkola
02-25-2004, 11:27 PM
That sucks, I remember your post last time.

How much was the kit?

I remember when someone from autozeal posted a thread asking what a good place to move to would be...

Seanith
02-25-2004, 11:28 PM
yeah auto zeal charged like 1.5 times too much for everything, so i'd say $1000 would be right :thumbsdow

I smell fish http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22549&highlight=autozeal+location

5.9 R/T
02-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I remember seeing them making off in the middle of the night with gear last year, I thought someone was robbing the place.

^SkylinE^
02-25-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey......... Maybe one of the sponsors out there can hook hondacrxsi Up with a kit for COST if all else fails? Hope all this works out for ya man!
:thumbsup:

hondacrxsi
02-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Hey thanks everybody
especially skyline!
I did some investigation and i don't belive that autozeal went bankrupt. I think they just closed,so there for ugotahondaeh the owner is still responcable for upholding his part of the contract. I paid $650 for the front bumper and side skirts because they were having a sale on(which i did't know when i went there to order it).What pisses me off is that the owner of autozeal sold the kits twice and the fact that autodream bought them. They obviously new what autozeal was doing, concidering autozeal moved out in the middle of the night and when i asked them if they paid a reasonable price for the kits that they got from autozeal they wouldn't tell me.Another thing that looks weird about autodream is that they bought autozeals phone number but didn;t have it conected for about 6 months,Which to me looks strange considering if they were trying to get autozeals customers they would have had it activated right away.
I pritty much almost just accepted my loss but concidering i got to go buy another(front bumper,No longer getting side skirts cuz im too poor) i figure i might as well just post again to see if anyone who knows anything stumbles accross my post

Hash_man
02-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Talk to the Better Business Bureu? (sp)

They may be able to help you out in this situation, even though Autozeal no longer exists.

If not, I would almost go as far as contacting the Calgary Police. If you had already paid for the kit, you should get the kit. Whether or not they are gone for good, the owner is responsible for this.

I am 17, and I know that if someone tried to rip me off like that, I would take all necesary actions to get my money, or kit back. Whether this involves small claims court, the police, and or the BBB.

izzoblitzo
02-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Did autozeal give you the option to pay partial on the kit? like, half now, half up front?

they gave me this option.. but in a last minute thing, I just decided to pay it all upfront.. risky.. very risky.

hondacrxsi
02-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Hey izzoblitzo yea i was given the option of only paying half, but stupid me i had to be an idiot and pay for the whole thing up front.But then again autozeal had been open for 5 years and when i bought my car it had 2 small autozeal stickers on it, so it isn't like i was ordering it off of a company that wasn't reputable.But i guess thats life.
Hashman, Iv tried calling so many different government services and have been trying to find this for so long. I'v called every number in the book. My only option, unless the owner for some reason comes clean(YEA RIGHT) is to take him to small claims court.

SRBURG13
02-26-2004, 02:47 AM
If he claimed bankruptcy, he owes you nothing. Its the sad truth. But find out if they did or not. If they didn't, go after them, hard. File a small claims.

Oops, I didn't read that.

AzN_SoL
02-26-2004, 03:16 AM
yea.. i got screwed over too .... long story.. but in the end.. im out money.. so yea.. all i can do is bend over and take it up the ass... let me know if you find something out.. or something.. maybe you can help me out too ..

B17a
02-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by TofuBoi
if the company is owned by the owner, not by stock holders..... than he is liable for everything... and i heard that he'll have to sell any property owed to repay his debts

If its a limited company ie AZ Ltd., then he might not necessarily be personally liable. If he filed for bankruptcy then your shit out of luck, unsecured creditor. And for $650, probably not worth small claims court, but it's gotta sting getting ripped off.:thumbsdow

hondacrxsi
02-26-2004, 09:12 AM
AzN_SoL
how much money did you loose?
I really have a hard time just giving this up, afterall thats obviously what they owner wanted us to do and now hes going to get away with it, plus he got more money from selling the kits again. iv searched around and i don't think autozeal went bankrupt, and even if they did they don't have the right to sell our shit befor they close. and if they did go bankrupt legally, i would imagine they would do a better job of telling the customers what happened. I just called and got no answer for 2 weeks until i finally went up to the store and it was closed

legendboy
02-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Um autozeal did go out of business. They lost their money along with your body kit. Just because autodream bought some of their stuff doesn't mean nguyen owes you shit. Go talk to a lawyer if your unsure.

roopi
02-26-2004, 09:22 AM
It is worth small claims court since that only costs you $100. Well worth it IMO.

hondacrxsi
02-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Yea I am pritty sure it isnt autodream that owes me the kit but, im too poor to afford a lawyer to get legal advice. Its not like im just trying to pick on autodream.I was told by the salesperson i bought the kit from"it was ordered, and it did arive after they went out of business. AutoDream has the kit if its not already sold."And this is the same person who got izzoblitzo his kit hand delivered a few weeks after autozeal closed.So if autodream had the kits this means that the salesperson who i bought the kit from got the kit back off of autodream and gave ti to izzoblitzo. I wast also told"hey hommie...yes i used to work for them before they closed..and this isnt the first ive heard of this shit happin'in. yes autodream bought there kits, and if your havnt recived youir kits yet "which is rediculious", ill do my best to get it for you..just pm me back with your name..and kit that u orderd. ill get a hold of jeevs and autodream to see whats up with this SHITTTTT.

sorry bout all this. i left right before they ended because of all the shaddy stuff that was goin on there at there end!!! but can still do somehting for you." I waited a bit but he didn't respond so i went into autodream assuming they had worked this out with autozeal and would give me the kit.But they didn't. I sent this guy another PM telling him what happened and he said "Hey buddy...BEEEEP!!! i hate that there being idiots about this"
So thats why i figured autodream had my kit. Plus everybody who i have talked to from autozeal either works or gets work done for cheap at autodream.

Mahk Uno
02-26-2004, 10:45 AM
If you have a bill of sale they must provide you with a kit...simple as that..no bill of sale you might as well give up?

legendboy
02-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by hondacrxsi
Yea I am pritty sure it isnt autodream that owes me the kit but, im too poor to afford a lawyer to get legal advice. Its not like im just trying to pick on autodream.I was told by the salesperson i bought the kit from"it was ordered, and it did arive after they went out of business. AutoDream has the kit if its not already sold."And this is the same person who got izzoblitzo his kit hand delivered a few weeks after autozeal closed.So if autodream had the kits this means that the salesperson who i bought the kit from got the kit back off of autodream and gave ti to izzoblitzo. I wast also told"hey hommie...yes i used to work for them before they closed..and this isnt the first ive heard of this shit happin'in. yes autodream bought there kits, and if your havnt recived youir kits yet "which is rediculious", ill do my best to get it for you..just pm me back with your name..and kit that u orderd. ill get a hold of jeevs and autodream to see whats up with this SHITTTTT.

sorry bout all this. i left right before they ended because of all the shaddy stuff that was goin on there at there end!!! but can still do somehting for you." I waited a bit but he didn't respond so i went into autodream assuming they had worked this out with autozeal and would give me the kit.But they didn't. I sent this guy another PM telling him what happened and he said "Hey buddy...BEEEEP!!! i hate that there being idiots about this"
So thats why i figured autodream had my kit. Plus everybody who i have talked to from autozeal either works or gets work done for cheap at autodream.

ya but what your not understanding is that it still doesn't belong to you anymore, regardless if you paid for it or not. Rules of insolvency!!!!!!!!! :banghead: AUTODREAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION

Xtrema
02-26-2004, 12:23 PM
I agree with serval other members, live and learn.

$650 is hardly amount of money you want to lose sleep and waste your energy on.

A) Lawyers cost too much.

B) Autozeal is probably in bankrupcy. If the mall owner is not getting his thousands dollars of rent, what chances do you have for your $650 kit. There are probably other creditors that will get money first before you do even if there's a court ruling.

C) You can't prove Autodream's kit is your kit except for word of mouth which won't hold up in court. It's not like body kits comes with VINs anyway.

Get real, swallow your pride and move on to more productive activities. Shit happens. Scammers are everywhere. Trust no one.

$650 for a lesson in life is relatively cheap.

syeve
02-26-2004, 12:28 PM
^^^ I agree, the chances of you getting your money is slim to none. It sucks but Xtrema is right, $650 for a life lesson is really cheap. Its too bad it happened, and I do hope you get your money back.

Steve

JAYMEZ
02-26-2004, 12:32 PM
First off , in Small claims , u cant have a lawyer , so go file a small claims court against the old owner of Autozeal. Stop asking questions upon questions and get doing what u gota do.

1. Find name of owner
2. Go to small claims court , grab a claims form.
3. Fill out the claims form.
4. Wait for a responce
5. Go to small claims court.
6. Try and get ur moola back.

rage2
02-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
ya but what your not understanding is that it still doesn't belong to you anymore, regardless if you paid for it or not. Rules of insolvency!!!!!!!!! :banghead: AUTODREAM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION
Well, there's another way to look at this...

Let's say I own a car. And I go and sell it you. I take your money, give you a bill of sale, so you are the rightful owner of this car, but I haven't delivered it yet. I go and sell it to someone else and give it to them and take off.

Technically, I stole your car and sold it to someone else. In the end, you are the rightful owner of the car, and the guy that has it paid for a stolen car.

I'm not exactly sure how the cops would handle this, I mean, hondacrxsi have all the proof that Autodream unknowingly bought a "stolen" bodykit, where hondacrxsi is the rightful owner. It's not Autodreams fault, they were victimized here, but technically speaking, they should be the one with the loss because they did buy stolen property.

My advice though is to take all the evidence you have, and speak with a police officer. Your tax dollars pay for their services, so use it. Ultimately, they'll have the right advice for you, as none of us here have experienced the same situation. Unfortunately, nobody is going to come out a winner in this ordeal.

B17a
02-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

B) Autozeal is probably in bankrupcy. If the mall owner is not getting his thousands dollars of rent, what chances do you have for your $650 kit. There are probably other creditors that will get money first before you do even if there's a court ruling.

$650 for a lesson in life is relatively cheap.

Good points, the landlord actually is ahead of you, so if he isn't getting paid, you absolutely will not be. I got burned years ago for a few more bucks than $650, trust me, I've probably made it back in being more careful!:thumbsup:

Wildcat
02-26-2004, 01:12 PM
could a former employee of autozeal just pm this kid and give him the name of the former owner... geez no one has piped up, who cares if your ratting him out, he cost you a job.

GingeRRRBeef
02-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
could a former employee of autozeal just pm this kid and give him the name of the former owner... geez no one has piped up, who cares if your ratting him out, he cost you a job.

if you worry about the kid knowing who you are just sign up with an anonymous account and pm the kid

boi-alien
02-26-2004, 01:23 PM
autodream doesn't owe you anything. even if they have your kit, they're not liable for that, they bought the kits and plus how are they supposed to know that the kits they bought have already been sold before? your original contract was with autozeal, i don't understand why you're trying to bring autodream into this. autodream had nothing to do with your original contract so stop saying that autozeal employees work for autodream now etc... it doesn't matter where those employees work, what of the ex-autozeal employees work at tim hortons now does that mean that tim hortons owes you a bodykit? think about it.

Lorabbit
02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

if you worry about the kid knowing who you are just sign up with an anonymous account and pm the kid

Word

As for autodream, he is not trying to take them to the cleaners, he is here to get information on what he can do. He presented all the options he thought available. He now knows that he probably cant go after autodream. But some of the folks here are getting snippity toward the dude, he is just here for advice after getting ripped off.

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Autozeal Corp claimed for bankrupcy, so they dont owe any one anything.

Stop bringing up what employees said, they have no idea what actually happened. Just staff working for the owners, so please dont involve them.

Autodream took the body kits long after autozeal shut down.

IzzoBlitzo's body kit was sent to me, I ordered it, I hand delivered it to him.

About rages theory, its not even 100% positive that autozeal even got the guys kit in or even ordered it.

And if autozeal claims bankrupt before the shipment comes, who owns the kits?

-ex autozeal employee...:devil:

googe
02-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
autodream doesn't owe you anything. even if they have your kit, they're not liable for that, they bought the kits and plus how are they supposed to know that the kits they bought have already been sold before? your original contract was with autozeal, i don't understand why you're trying to bring autodream into this. autodream had nothing to do with your original contract so stop saying that autozeal employees work for autodream now etc... it doesn't matter where those employees work, what of the ex-autozeal employees work at tim hortons now does that mean that tim hortons owes you a bodykit? think about it.

wrong, see rages post.

even if you pay for stolen goods, knowingly or not, they still arent yours.

syeve
02-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
autodream doesn't owe you anything. even if they have your kit, they're not liable for that, they bought the kits and plus how are they supposed to know that the kits they bought have already been sold before?

If Autodream have in their possesion a kit that had been previously sold by Autozeal, then no, it is NOT autodreams kit. Autodream should have done some du-dillegence before buying the kits. (its like buying stolen property like Rage said)

Muaha, business law finnaly paid off.

rage2
02-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
About rages theory, its not even 100% positive that autozeal even got the guys kit in or even ordered it.

And if autozeal claims bankrupt before the shipment comes, who owns the kits?
Well, it depends one important factor... the receipt. What's interesting is he paid in full, so it all boils down to what it says on his receipt.

If the receipt shows a deposit, it means he bought credit from AZ, and if they file for bankrupcy, he'll most likely get nothing back, because bankrupcy protects AZ from creditors, which is what he's become for having credit at the store.

If the receipt shows a bill of sale (a good chance since he paid in full), it implies that ownership of the kit has changed hands. If the kit doesn't exist when he got a bill of sale, it means that AZ committed fraud (technically). So even if bankrupcy is filed, there is still a kit there that's owned by the kid, and in posession by AZ, so the company is still responsible for it. If the police is involved in it (I'm sure you have to bug 'em for a long time), they would hunt down the owners, find out where this kit is, and if it was sold, they would be charged for selling stolen property (worse case scenario). If the owners co-operate and point the finger to Autodream, then autodream would have unknowingly bought stolen goods, and would have to return the kit to the kid and take the loss. If AD sold the kit, then whoever has it will be responsible for returning the kit, and that person would work backwards to get their money back.

So basically, it depends on the receipt, what it says. It can go both ways. This is a good example of what happens when you buy items resulting from bankrupcy. One of my buddies bought $100k worth of stuff from a tech company that went bankrupt. A lot of the stuff is on a lease, so it's technically owned by a leasing company. He can't sell that stuff at all because it's not owned by him, or the bankrupt company in question. If he sold it, he's selling stolen goods, so he has to negotiate a buy out from the leasing company for the items, or return it to them. These are items without serial numbers, office furniture, so it's the same as the bodykit situation.

BTW - large companies always do their paperwork properly, thanks to being able to afford lawyers and accountants to make their sales processes. You don't get a bill of sale until you get the item. Say you order something from future shop and pay in full, they give you a credit note/layaway receipt thingy, so you technically don't own the item, you just have a credit with them until you pick up the item.

B17a
02-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by syeve

If Autodream have in their possesion a kit that had been previously sold by Autozeal, then no, it is NOT autodreams kit. Autodream should have done some du-dillegence before buying the kits. (its like buying stolen property like Rage said)

Muaha, business law finnaly paid off.

Exactly, it's not unlike buying stolen goods. Unfortunately, saying "I didn't know that was stolen" won't hold up in court.

Weapon_R
02-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Exactly, it's not unlike buying stolen goods. Unfortunately, saying "I didn't know that was stolen" won't hold up in court.

I can't stress this point ENOUGH!!!!

If you buy stolen property, whether or not you knew, you can be tried and charged in court for this. Whether or not Autodream knew that the kits were stolen, and all else being correct, they are liable of possessing stolen property.

Picture another scenario to help make this point more evident. I will use Rage2's example and build on that.

If you buy a car and pay for it in full, with the intent that you will pick it up a week after, the seller owes you that car. If the seller goes and resells that car to someone else, the seller commits fraud, and the buyer is liable for a) possessing stolen property, and b) losing the car since it was already the property of someone else.

The same applies in this case since the original complaint stated that the buyer paid for the product in full.

As for those who argue that this really isn't a big deal, I disagree. This is only one person of several that have raised similar complaints, and the testimony by other members like Izzoblizzo will help this kid get his money back. It's still $650, and that is EXACTLY what Small Claims Court was designed to handle - small claims, otherwise not really worth hiring legal assistance for.

rage2
02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
It's still $650, and that is EXACTLY what Small Claims Court was designed to handle - small claims, otherwise not really worth hiring legal assistance for.
No need to hire legal assitance, U of C has Student Legal Aid that can help you out. Not sure if it's for U of C students only though...

roopi
02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
But like SpoonEK9 said:

"Autozeal Corp claimed for bankrupcy, so they dont owe any one anything"

So small claims can't do shit either really.

Just find out the owner and go slash his tires. :D

Altezza
02-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Because a company files bankruptcy does not imply they are not obliged to meet their creditors demands.

It all depends on how the bankruptcy was fulfilled or if it was even executed properly. Whatever the case, you are an unsecured creditor (read: You are SOL). Secured creditors will always get their money first (ie, from the appointed receiver, if there was even one). Most cases, there is nothing left over for the unsecured creditors to pick over. If there was, you'd get litterally pennies on the dollar.

Wildcat
02-26-2004, 03:01 PM
But like SpoonEK9 said:

he should take him to small claims anyways, the owner still has to prove he went bankrupt, just saying he did isnt going to fly. packing up in the night sounds fishy to me, regardles whether he sold the kits to autodream before or after he went bankrupt its still fraud and hes selling what this kid (and probly many others) already paid for, which doesnt rightfully belong to him.

rage2
02-26-2004, 03:03 PM
But like SpoonEK9 said:

Originally posted by Altezza
Because a company files bankruptcy does not imply they are not obliged to meet their creditors demands.

It all depends on how the bankruptcy was fulfilled or if it was even executed properly. Whatever the case, you are an unsecured creditor (read: You are SOL). Secured creditors will always get their money first (ie, from the appointed receiver, if there was even one). Most cases, there is nothing left over for the unsecured creditors to pick over. If there was, you'd get litterally pennies on the dollar.
I think some of you guys are missing the point that I posted, and that is it's very possible that hondacrxsi is not a creditor, he has stuff that he owns at the shop when they file for bankrupcy. If you leave your car at say Midas for work done, and they go bankrupt, they can't sell off your car even if they file for bankrupcy :).

JAYMEZ
02-26-2004, 03:14 PM
just because autodreams has your kit and they payed for it doesnt mean the autodreams should get it , when its actually sold before they got it , so basically by autodreams paying for it they bought stolen goods , which should go back to the original buyer.

roopi
02-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Simple solution: Just file it in small claims.

Altezza
02-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I think some of you guys are missing the point that I posted, and that is it's very possible that hondacrxsi is not a creditor, he has stuff that he owns at the shop when they file for bankrupcy. If you leave your car at say Midas for work done, and they go bankrupt, they can't sell off your car even if they file for bankrupcy :).

My comment was just based on assuming he was for the sake of the argument. ;)

However, by definition, I don't believe he would be considered a creditor.

M3STIMini
02-26-2004, 03:24 PM
There is one key flaw in your point though rage. There was no agreement of what EXACT body kit was owned by hondacrxsi. In theory I understnad what you are trying to say. But if AZ took money for an order that means there is no ownership agreement. There is no "one" body kit that is allotted to hondacrxsi. Unless there was order numbers and tracking numbers tied to his order, I dont think it is possible to prove whos is whos in this case. In your friends case its very different where its absolutely clear what he leased and who owned what. There was also tracking procedures and inventory taken. But in this scenerio I think hondacrxsi is out of luck. Just because he ordered a kit that happens to be the exact same model that Autodream may or may not have in thier stock, it doesn't automatically mean hondacrxsi owns it. This one will definately be a tough one to prove. I know who used to own AZ, how many times has it changed hands for the past 3 years?

DUBBED
02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
So to put it simply:

A) The ex-owner must prove he went bankrupt.

B) If this is the case hondacrxsi must have a BILL OF SALE not a CREDIT.

C) If in fact the kit was sold to Autodream then Autodream is now in(or was in) possession of Stolen Property which must be returned to it's original owner.

D) If all hondacrxsi has is a Credit then he is basically SOL, unless the ex-owner of Autozeal did not file bankruptcy in which case Autodream is still liable to produce the "stolen" bodykit.

This is what I understand from reading this thread.

syeve
02-26-2004, 03:27 PM
was autozeal incorporated?

rage2
02-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
So to put it simply:

A) The ex-owner must prove he went bankrupt.

B) If this is the case hondacrxsi must have a BILL OF SALE not a CREDIT.

C) If in fact the kit was sold to Autodream then Autodream is now in(or was in) possession of Stolen Property which must be returned to it's original owner.

D) If all hondacrxsi has is a Credit then he is basically SOL, unless the ex-owner of Autozeal did not file bankruptcy in which case Autodream is still liable to produce the "stolen" bodykit.

This is what I understand from reading this thread.
Woah... someone understands! :)

Pretty easy to figure out bankrupcy. You can search for that stuff.

Hollywood
02-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Why do they places have to be so shady?

Lesson learned here is be carefull who you buy off.

If you want reliable spending the only safe places to shop is mopac, contemp, speedville, RCTS, and tunerworks as they have been in business for over 3 years and chances are they wont do this kinda thing to someone. I know I may have skipped out on concept 1 and davenport as I do not know their history.

Most of us have seen the rise and fall of a bunch of tuner shops. Many of the fallen have also started anew.

"From what I understand" the owner of autozeal is notorius for "closing shop" and going bankrupt. This is not the first time.

If they in fact are starting a new business all should be warned.

GingeRRRBeef
02-26-2004, 03:53 PM
what is this new business you are speaking of?

rc2002
02-26-2004, 03:58 PM
I wonder how those guys sleep at night.

I would've been :guns: mad if they kept on telling me to call back two weeks later and then suddenly shut down without telling me.... That ain't right. :whipped: :guns: :whipped: :guns:

rage2
02-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
If you want reliable spending the only safe places to shop is mopaq, contemp, speedville, RCTS, and tunerworks as they have been in business for over 3 years and chances are they wont do this kinda thing to someone.
Autozeal (formerly Autozone) was the first auto accessories shop catering imports in town. They've been around since like 1996.

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-26-2004, 04:13 PM

If you want reliable spending the only safe places to shop is mopaq, contemp, speedville, RCTS, and tunerworks as they have been in business for over 3 years and chances are they wont do this kinda thing to someone. I know I may have skipped out on concept 1 and davenport as I do not know their history.

Most of us have seen the rise and fall of a bunch of tuner shops. Many of the fallen have also started anew.

"From what I understand" the owner of autozeal is notorius for "closing shop" and going bankrupt. This is not the first time.

If they in fact are starting a new business all should be warned.

In case you didnt know, autozeal had been around for about 8 or more years.
Stuff like this is unpredictable and can happen to any one, Its not that they were shady and were stealing, they owe'd a large sum of money..to something that came out of the blue. How can the owner(s) be notorious, this was a one time thing.

:repost:

Kona9
02-26-2004, 04:15 PM
:nut:

90_Shelby
02-26-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm not slagging at all, but I like that, reliable reputable shop thats been around for 3 years...... The performance shop I work for has been operating under the current owner for 10 years, we've had our chassis dyno since 1995 and the name and shop has been around for almost 20 years. I think we'll be sticking around for quite awhile.............

Wildcat
02-26-2004, 05:11 PM
anyone know how long davenport has been in buisness? i hear nothing but good things about them.

If you want reliable spending the only safe places to shop is mopaq, contemp, speedville, RCTS, and tunerworks as they have been in business for over 3 years and chances are they wont do this kinda thing to someone. I know I may have skipped out on concept 1 and davenport as I do not know their history.

*SNIP

;)

Weapon_R
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2

No need to hire legal assitance, U of C has Student Legal Aid that can help you out. Not sure if it's for U of C students only though...

You're right - but they are very stringent on your income and such. If you qualify, however, it's a great alternative. And it applies for all low income people, not just U of C students. University students DO get precedence over non-UC students, however.

Toms-Celica
02-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Just read all this, good luck! Its a blessing we have people like Weapon_R to help. ;)

hondacrxsi
02-26-2004, 06:36 PM
boi-alien- “it doesn't matter where those employees work, what of the ex-autozeal employees work at tim hortons now does that mean that tim hortons owes you a bodykit?”
No the reason I brought up where autozeals employees are now working is because I was told by a former employee of autozeal, who is now currently working on autodreams website that autodream owes me the kit .I know now that this might not be the case but I figure he just saw that they were screwing me over and figured they would have the decent respect to do the right thing.

Lorabbit- Thank you for responding I appreciate it

SpoonEK9-The only reason I am bringing up what former employees said is because it is the only way this story will make any sense. Plus you were the one who originally told me that autodream got the kits after autozeal went out of business and would have it if not already sold! Im not just bringing autodream in from out of the blue hear. Are you saying you had no clue autozeal was going out of business when you posted that they were moving locations in early september. I talked to you on the phone no more than two weeks before they close. It wouldn’t of killed you to help me out.

DUBBED-Yea you got all the points right, I’ll hope B) is what happened
Thank you everyone for posting, Im glad this is getting some attention, I know its not likely ill get my kit but hopefully everyone will learn from this don’t pay for things fully upfront and be carefull who you buy stuff from.

ICEBERG
02-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Good luck man. Hope everything works out.

6thGen.TUNER
02-26-2004, 08:29 PM
my buddys dad and uncle have had no problems with daven port racing !!

izzoblitzo
02-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Wow, there are some good points in here.

Lets face it guys, running your own business in town is tough. Its not like opening a Subway, and selling the same sandwhiches to hungry people everyday. These are body kits, mufflers, rims, and seats. That kind of inventory does not come cheap. I remember when the first front bumper came, I raced to the shop, and I see like, all these bumpers and side skirts and everything EVERYWHERE.. theres no doubt on my mind they musta had a big back room, or had some kind of wharehouse to be storing these things..

I mean, I dont think its fair to point fingers at the guys that worked at autozeal.. afterall, they were just employees. At the end of the day, they get paid for working there. The owner/owners were the ones making the profits. It IS, however, hard to believe though.. when the 'big move' was to happen, there musta been some sort of job security questions involved as to why they were moving, and when they were to set up the 'new' shop. I mean, if I worked there, and was told that we were to pack our stuff Monday night.. I'd kinda wonder where we'd be taking the stuff.. and would I be out of work for long.. etc etc.

I mean, Im thankful that the salesdude did what he did for me, and he didnt have to do that for me, but he went out of his way to do it. Now, at the same time, I also recieved my kit about the same time I heard of them moving out. So somewhere in there, Im sure they had a place that housed all this inventory.. and just wasnt sure what to do with... It mighta been a matter of getting it and having the customer pick it up or delivered. But because the whereabouts are unknown now.. sold.. still sitting in a wharehouse.. or sent back to the manufacturer because of no payment.. etc etc... its a lil trickier.. I mean, I dont think they called up Autodream that night and asked them if they wanted to purchase what they had left.. afterally, its still quite a bit of inventory. Any shop can go out of business and file for bankruptcy. They have inventory to stock, people to pay, taxes to file and rent to deal with.

I mean, if I was out $650bucks for a project I've been waiting to complete all summer.. trust me, nobody would hear the end of it. Especially if I was a student, and saved all my pennies for it. It'd suck.

Now by all means, SpoonEk amongst others isnt a shady fellow.. he just works for autozeal. Some things are beyond his control. Im sure if he had it his way, he'd still have a job and would be working. I dont think he calls the shots. I got lucky, and I kept in touch. I paid something like $1200bucks for my kit.. pretty dang expensive, considering the whole kit sells for about $700bucks online.. but getting it locally was a big thing for me, because I could drop in and inspect the product before taking it home. And around the same time, I ordered rims from them as well. I coulda been out a couple thousand dollars. It wasnt something I lose, so I was keen and kept calling.

I still have credit for autozeal though.. I looked in my drawer, and found a credit note for $1.79. crap.:dunno:

gkAeris
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
too late

i found out the owner appiled for personal bankruptcy....

so i don't think you can get your money back....sorwie to hear about that

ppl are so evil these days