PDA

View Full Version : 2014 C63 507 vs 2015 C63 AMG Replacement

The_Rural_Juror
11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Any thoughts on both? I hear the new generation will be revealed in January.

Redlined_8000
11-09-2013, 09:13 PM
If the 2015 will have a TT v8. It will rape the 507 edition in Calgary. Im excited to see what kinda output they are gonna get.

The_Rural_Juror
11-09-2013, 09:17 PM
507's are discounted right now a little. Leaning towards the 2015 with the updated looks and interior, but the discounts are making it a tough decision.

rage2
11-09-2013, 10:41 PM
You won't be able to beat the sound of the 6.2L V8. Even the 5.5 TT sounds muted compared to the 6.2 so if sound is important, get the 507. The new C is set to be unveiled in Detoit, and my guess the AMG version in NY. Won't see em till November 2014 at the earliest. Lighter, TT, and most likely AWD, it'll be a faster car for sure.

benyl
11-09-2013, 11:03 PM
I would wait. Or I would pick up a used 2012 or 2013 P31. Same car for way less dollars. If you really want the hood, buy it.

The_Rural_Juror
11-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Good advice. Thank you.

shakalaka
11-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I knew about the 2015's but couldn't wait until November next year for one. I knew about the 507's but didn't want to drop that much money on a car that will be outdated in a year. Which is why I went with the 2011 cause I can enjoy it for a couple of years and then get the face lifted version. Also, like Rage mentioned, one of my favorite things about this car is the sound. It is like music to my ears.:drool:

bart
11-10-2013, 03:48 PM
besides the fact it will make the same power sea level or calgary, a chip will get you some more :)

what do the new 5.5TT chip to? 650?

i would definitely wait

msommers
11-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I would wait. Or I would pick up a used 2012 or 2013 P31. Same car for way less dollars. If you really want the hood, buy it.
:werd:

jaylo
11-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Almost pulled a trigger on a heavily discounted demo 2013 C63 with P31, could have had it for around 70K if I really pushed hard with 0.9%

Now, the salesman took me up their inventory lot and showed the C63 507 and he revved it and I can only say OMG on the sound of the 507, along with its aggressive styling and beautiful two-tone leather interior.

You do, lose the interior and exterior CF parts on the 507 that comes with the P31 package, though you win some SLS AMG internals on the M156 engine

Decided to wait until the new BMW M3 is to be revealed on January 2014 along with pricing hopefully

rage2
11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by bart
besides the fact it will make the same power sea level or calgary, a chip will get you some more :)

what do the new 5.5TT chip to? 650?

i would definitely wait
The C63 will be getting a new 4.0TT. The 5.5TT is making around 620hp stock and chipped to 700hp at sea level, although in Calgary I'd say it maxes out the turbos at stock hp levels due to the elevation.

Originally posted by jaylo
Almost pulled a trigger on a heavily discounted demo 2013 C63 with P31, could have had it for around 70K if I really pushed hard with 0.9%

Now, the salesman took me up their inventory lot and showed the C63 507 and he revved it and I can only say OMG on the sound of the 507, along with its aggressive styling and beautiful two-tone leather interior.

You do, lose the interior and exterior CF parts on the 507 that comes with the P31 package, though you win some SLS AMG internals on the M156 engine

Decided to wait until the new BMW M3 is to be revealed on January 2014 along with pricing hopefully
The P31 has SLS internals as well. The 507 is just a P31 with the BS hood. At 70k and 0.9% I would've jumped on it. My guess, the new C55 next year is going to go up in price.

bart
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
4.0 eh? i wonder how it will compare to audi's 4.0... safe to say new c63 will weigh less than an s8? lol

bCPoZlugAgo

faiz999
11-12-2013, 06:20 PM
my buddy has the 507. pretty nice car and ended up being less than a brand new 2013 c63.

rage is right, u cannot beat that amg grunt.

im more of a turbo guy myself, so id probably swing towards that but nothing wrong with a 500hp NA sedan.

clem24
11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I'd say the most significant decisions would be AWD, and then weight reduction, NOT the power of the old vs. new motor. Trust me, after you've ever driven a C63, about the last thing on your mind would be "I just wish this had a bit more power", even with the HP loss at our elevation. The car already has so much power as is that traction is your foe.

Anyway if you enjoy driving, you enjoy cars for what they are, and you enjoy hearing stupidly loud exhausts, then the current C is the one to get. I personally think the sound of the NA gives me a bigger smile than anything else about the car. But if you want something that you can drive year round and will be fast under all conditions, then wait. Yes I like turbos as much as the next guy but IMHO absolutely nothing beats stupidly powerful NA.

Coryz
11-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Picked up my 507 last week, black on black sedan. Absolutely love it!

never
11-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by clem24
...about the last thing on your mind would be "I just wish this had a bit more power"...

WTH...I thought every car guy always wanted more power?

benyl
11-14-2013, 01:57 PM
There is never enough power.

shakalaka
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Haha I agree with Clem; I initially thought that it was way too much power. But now that I am used to it, I feel like I want more. Especially when I stopped next to a GTR couple of times. lol

I haven't driven it in a couple of weeks and I miss the damn thing so much. lol.

Mitsu3000gt
11-14-2013, 02:17 PM
With TT and AWD in the next one, I wouldn't even be considering a current C63 if I was in the market. It will be faster, especially at our altitude, and it will be able to put the power down more easily, as well as make a better year-round driver. A chip will also give another 100HP/TQ minimum, I bet. If it's lighter it'll likely handle and stop better as well. The new C interior looks massively improved too. So many reasons to wait.

clem24
11-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Haha I agree with Clem; I initially thought that it was way too much power. But now that I am used to it, I feel like I want more. Especially when I stopped next to a GTR couple of times. lol

Wait aren't I saying the opposite? LOL I think there's more than adequate power. I've never actually felt the car was low in that regard. Well maybe when you're in the 150-200 KM/h region, but not that I would ever drive that fast.. ;)

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
With TT and AWD in the next one, I wouldn't even be considering a current C63 if I was in the market. It will be faster, especially at our altitude, and it will be able to put the power down more easily, as well as make a better year-round driver. A chip will also give another 100HP/TQ minimum, I bet. If it's lighter it'll likely handle and stop better as well. The new C interior looks massively improved too. So many reasons to wait.

I'd agree here but without drawing any conclusions... I'd only wait to see what the new car has the offer and how it feels. Just because something has AWD, turbo and is faster doesn't mean it's better. If that was the case, everyone should just buy a GT-R and be done with. I should also add that just because it has AWD does not mean that I'd actually take it out during the winter either; I'd probably still opt for the beater path.

shakalaka
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Haha I guess I should have been a little clearer. What I meant was initially when I got the car I thought the same thing as you but as I got used to it I feel like I can use more power. lol.

clem24
11-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Haha I guess I should have been a little clearer. What I meant was initially when I got the car I thought the same thing as you but as I got used to it I feel like I can use more power. lol.

To me there's more than adequate power. I don't need more straight line speed and there aren't many drag races where I'll lose. If anything, I think the car has TOO MUCH power; it's not balanced. What the car needs is more traction, on launch (which the new car addresses) and on cornering (ability to add wider rear tires).

But as Rage pointed out many moons ago, the (relatively) skinny rear tires also makes the car a hoot to drive.

In any case, judging by the recent review of the E63s, it sounds like the 4Matic system is tuned properly for hooning and doesn't get in the way of dulling the car like BMWs XDrive system likes to do. My concern is more the switch to a turbo motor. The 6.2L is seriously the biggest draw of the car; it's ability (for an NA motor) to make power anywhere in the powerband and it's intoxicating sound are the defining qualities of this car.

shakalaka
11-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by clem24

To me there's more than adequate power. I don't need more straight line speed and there aren't many drag races where I'll lose.

Haha. I thought the same thing, until like I said, I stopped beside a GTR. lol. I didn't even try or anything cause obviously there was no point. :D Made me want to look into chipping it after that.

But I can't agree more on the sound of the car. I've said it from time to time, I love the way the car sounds. Almost makes me drool thinking about it now, it's that sick. I contemplated an Akrapovic system at one point but just way too scared to ruin the awesomeness, plus the $5K for the system obviously. :rofl:

I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon considering I only got this in July, but I can't think of anything else as of right now that REALLY makes me want to upgrade. And the next car I upgrade to, if it's going to be a daily driver it might as well be a quasi-super car at the ver least cause for me it doesn't really get too much better than this car in terms of the vehicle enjoyment.

I tried the 2014 M5 and that car is much faster than the C63, however it just failed to put a smile on my face as the C63 does.

benyl
11-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Go drive the new E63