PDA

View Full Version : Conservatism

Marsh
02-25-2004, 10:00 PM
"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives"

My political science prof told that in class today, not sure who actually said it
:D

thich
02-25-2004, 11:05 PM
same can be said about liberals and left-wing ppl too.

I like being conservative - it goes along with my cultural background as most Asians are naturally conservative.

Marsh
02-26-2004, 07:28 PM
didn't mean any offense or nuthing, just hadn't heard anything like that before so i thought i'd post it

t3rry
02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by thich
same can be said about liberals and left-wing ppl too.

I like being conservative - it goes along with my cultural background as most Asians are naturally conservative.

i guess you learn somethign every day, i figured asians would be libers, just judging by how fast asian countries are changing and advancing

angierideswitme
02-26-2004, 07:57 PM
lol, asians, arn't they comunist?

:rofl: j/k

hjr
02-26-2004, 08:14 PM
conservative means different things in different places

962 kid
02-26-2004, 09:00 PM
sounds like typical left wing campus hermit

lots of jobs in the private sector for that Poly-Sci degree ;)

thich
02-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by angierideswitme
lol, asians, arn't they comunist?

:rofl: j/k

haha. never thought about that.
no. communism is for the stupid elites who want to have mass power under the professed banner of "freedom and equality for all"

All Asians are culturally conservative (sooner or later) and in terms of business... they are VERY conservative.
Try to sell something to a Chinese or Viet person and see if they won't try to barter you down :)

My former "liberal" asian friends are slowly converting to conservative views as they are getting older (and wiser :D haha) but yeah...
In the end, capitalism and conservatism are the banners for Asians; being liberal/left usually incurs some sort of personal costs and Asians don't like wasting money or be charged for stupid things.

DeSi
02-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Marsh
"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives"

My political science prof told that in class today, not sure who actually said it
:D

hehehehe thats why im liberal :thumbsup:

good one marshy

02bump'nWRX
02-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Good quote from Winston Churchill.

"If your under 30 and your not a liberal your heartless. If your over 30 and not a conservative you brainless."

Haha great quote and so true...... Conservatives kick ass!!!!

rogue
02-28-2004, 02:13 AM
hey there IS a liberal in Alberta :D

Marsh
03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
^--- There sure are and we're here to stay:D

sputnik
03-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Hopefully the Liberal party is destroyed in this years federal election. With the amount of money mis-management they have gotten away with (until recently) they would have been hung by their employees if they did the same within a corporate setting.

Conservatives are generally more fiscally responsible and that is what matters to me. I could really care less about building homeless shelters, supporting the arts, promoting tourism.... sure these things are important. But the #1 thing to worry about is making sure the country has a healthy economy and the rest will follow. Or in the example of homeless shelters... they wont be needed.

The left wing parties are good at fear mongering the working class into believing that the right wing is set on making the rich richer and the poor poorer and they promise year after year to tax the rich. However when you tax the rich they take their business elsewhere and the working class lose their jobs. If it wasnt for rich people and investors many of us would be unemployed.

sputnik
03-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Marsh
^--- There sure are and we're here to stay:D

"we're" you are making a bold statement that there is more than ONE of you?

are you from BC or Manitoba by any chance?

method
03-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Conservatives are generally more fiscally responsible and that is what matters to me. I could really care less about building homeless shelters, supporting the arts, promoting tourism.... sure these things are important. But the #1 thing to worry about is making sure the country has a healthy economy and the rest will follow. Or in the example of homeless shelters... they wont be needed.

how about... health care
how about... education
how about........

klein fiscally responsible... :rofl:

403Gemini
03-04-2004, 08:49 PM

*snip*

All Asians are culturally conservative (sooner or later) and in terms of business... they are VERY conservative.
Try to sell something to a Chinese or Viet person and see if they won't try to barter you down :)

*snip*
thats not being conservative, thats being cheep

welcome to canada.

you dont go into walmart and demand the 2nd chocolate bar you buy 1/2 price so why try that shit anywhere else? (sorry i work in retail and i am fuckin SICK of cheap people "whats the best deal you can give me?" umm THE PRICE TAG)

Marsh
03-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

"we're" you are making a bold statement that there is more than ONE of you?

are you from BC or Manitoba by any chance?
Calgary born man

Marsh
03-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

thats not being conservative, thats being cheep

welcome to canada.

you dont go into walmart and demand the 2nd chocolate bar you buy 1/2 price so why try that shit anywhere else? (sorry i work in retail and i am fuckin SICK of cheap people "whats the best deal you can give me?" umm THE PRICE TAG)
:werd: x100000

hjr
03-04-2004, 09:23 PM
being liberal/left usually incurs some sort of personal costs and Asians don't like wasting money or be charged for stupid things. hmmmm, these 'asians' you speak of, isnt that just an analogy for everyone one the planet??? haha. ya, i dont know anyone who likes being charged for stupid things.

lam-boy
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
haha im asian and im capitalist/conservative.

i can't stand giving half my paychecks to welfare?

i mean Most of those people who apply for welfare are just lazy ass slacking bitches. "Oh yeah, government got my ass, i dont need to work"

sputnik
03-05-2004, 01:34 PM

What a stupid generalization. Lots of asians spend money wrecklessly... its called Dance Dance Revolution and Hello Kitty

:nut: :rofl:

403Gemini
03-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
haha im asian and im capitalist/conservative.

i can't stand giving half my paychecks to welfare?

i mean Most of those people who apply for welfare are just lazy ass slacking bitches. "Oh yeah, government got my ass, i dont need to work"

or illegal immigrants, but thats a whole nother story

edit: or the crack fiend mothers who just have kids to get more money, or the ... etc