PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractic School question

ecstasy_civic
02-25-2004, 10:34 PM
My gf has decided she is going to go into chriopractic after shes finished her massage therapy.
But the only thing is we cant find a school in western canada.

Does anybody know where she might be able to find the info.?

thanks

Toma
02-25-2004, 11:11 PM
There is no school in western Canada. Massage therapy certainly wont get her into the school. The one in TO consistantly requires a 3.2 average from minimum 2 yrs University (gerneral science). The US schools are generally easier to get into, 2 years University, and anywhere from 2.4 to 3.0 average, but cost way more.

I was gonna go that route, but after visting a few chiropracters, I could not dedicate my life to "quackery" and "smoke and mirrors".

Before everyone jumps on me, there are legitimate uses for chirpopractic, but I would estimate that 90% of what I saw was all bogus and showmanship.

ecstasy_civic
02-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Shes in her 3rd year of university and maintains a 3.8GPA.

Shes super smart, but doesnt really want to move to goto school.

Unless its BC.

Im guessing theres no where else in canada other than ONT. to get that eh?

xrayvsn
02-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Only English school in Canada is in TO, the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College.

I have friends who went to Portland, Oregon for Chiropractic, but big $$$ to go there.

If her marks are that good, has she thought about other allied health care specialties? I have another good friend who did physiotherapy and is extremely happy. A 3.8 GPA will give her a good shot at medicine and dentistry as well. She would have to write the MCAT for most med schools, or the DAT for dentistry. All I'm saying is that she has some options.

Calgary has a med school. Edmonton has med/dent/physio etc. So does UBC...

ecstasy_civic
02-26-2004, 12:02 AM
cool thanks man, ill show her this tommorow.

anymore ideas?

K271
02-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Western Ontario has a great school, but by far the best is in Chicago. Most people interested in that stuff in the west all end up going to Chicago.

mo_virgin
02-28-2004, 03:19 AM
THeres one in quebec but its only open to those in the province... What a bunch of FAGS... i Hate quebec.

ecstasy_civic
02-28-2004, 07:04 AM
fuck this sucks. lol

she wont be doing that now, she wont move anywhere downeast, and I cant blame her haha

thanks for the info guys

T5_X
02-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Tell her to put her smarts to a more moral line of health work.

ecstasy_civic
02-29-2004, 01:50 PM
:rofl:

any ideas? lol

little_wan
02-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Physiotherapists?
That's what i'm working towards.

xrayvsn
03-01-2004, 12:14 AM
1. Physiotherapy
2. Medicine
3. Dentistry
4. Occupational Therapy
5. Speech Pathology
6. Nursing
7. Nuclear Medicine Tech/Radiology tech/Ultrasound tech/ CT tech/ MRI tech
8. Lab Medicine

Did I miss any?

If you have any questions specifically about #2, let me know. I may know some limited things about the others as well.